1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

SRT-4 Swap Progress

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 01:34 AM
NEONRT98
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT-4 Swap Progress

Well, seeing as how the car I bought was not what I was expecting an the swap was done TOTALLY wrong, I decided I am putting it all into the R/T and use the one I bought as a donor car. I thought I would keep ya guys posted on progress and such. Most I have done thus far is totally strip out the donor car- I have some pics- and get it ready for the tow company. Thankfully this car had a good fender I could use for the R/T :-D so that made me kinda happy. Here are some pics!

Now THATS a slammed car....

Gutted... Had a STS in there :-D Thats a plus!

Mmmm 2.4L SRT-4 Turbo Engine- Only took an hour to pull, by myself!

My mess.... A mix of the R/T and the 96...

Old 02-17-2007, 01:52 AM
johnneon
Captain
Default RE: SRT-4 Swap Progress

cool,good luck with the swap,, keep us up 2 date with ur progress ,,i wish i had the garage space to do that,,lol,, oh wait i dont even have a garage,,,

Old 02-17-2007, 02:31 AM
NEONRT98
All Star

Yeah, space is becoming a real issue right now.. I sense that my roomate is getting kinda pissed that I am hogging the garage.. I promised her I would be done by like april, didnt seem to pleased with that haha, oh well though! I'm hoping to get the dash done, K-frame in and the suspension all finished over spring break, then I just have that lovely engine to put in, horray!

Old 02-17-2007, 04:57 AM
johnneon
Captain

thats cool,,i cant wait 2 see it finished,,,and let me know how tough it is to do,,i was planning to do the swap but i dont want to start something i cant finish,,,,,,lol,,,the only problem i have is that them 2.4s r a little pricey downmy way,,,,,anyway keep trucking and [sm=signs003.gif].

Old 02-17-2007, 08:35 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

tell your roomate to shove it

Old 02-17-2007, 08:49 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

its looking. . . great.! I wish you the best of luck and no troubles when its finished

Old 02-17-2007, 09:12 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait to see how this turns out. Are you doing an interior swap as well?

Old 02-18-2007, 02:25 AM
NEONRT98
All Star

I was thinking of swapping the dash, but I dont know.. I think I might just look at getting just the cluster to work... if I were to put the whole dash in, I would have to cut into my door panels and fiberglass them to make them look good.. I am kind of going for that stock look too. I love the stock R/Ts... I am currently hung up though, waiting on the title for the car I stripped- hoping its not STOLEN- that woudl not be cool,so I can get the tow company out here to flatbed it away... then get the R/T in there. I am not sure if I want the bodywork (Subframe straightened and the radiator support installed) done first or start installing things.. I would say the bodywork though....

Old 02-18-2007, 08:43 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

might want to clean the carpets while you have all the stuff out of there . . just a thought I shampoo mine about twice a year using the garden hose a scrub brush with a spray botthe of laundry detergent and some downy and a shopvac the downy makes it smell really nice then crack the window for a few days and your golden

and i also Might add that if you have a large air compressor and a long nozzle you can blast the carpets out with the air and then vac wear a resperator when doing this though it kicks up a lot of dust but does a way better job then just vaccuming alone. this takes about an hour and a half to do it well constant air then vac air then vac. worth it though saves about100$ in detail fees and you can also do the seats in the same mannor

Old 02-18-2007, 02:24 PM
NEONRT98
All Star

I might do that with the R/T, not this one though, its just goin to the junk yard.

Quick Reply: SRT-4 Swap Progress