2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

E-3 Spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Lebbie54
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-3 Spark plugs

I need to change my plugs on my 99 Dakota, I am considering and probably going to put in E 3 spark plugs in. I was wondering if anyone else is using them already and if so what do you think of them?

Old 03-20-2011, 06:45 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I dont think they are much better for how much they are per plug. Also I dont think the mangum motors are too fond of them(they are picky when it comes to plugs) I would look at ngk plugs or autolites. I have autolite 3923's in my truck they are a cheaper plug but my truck loves them.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Lebbie54
Professional

Thank you for your comments, but I am not looking for someone's opinion on them that doesn't use them. Any idiot can say something works great or sucks and act like they know what they are talking about. But never having used them they are actually clueless to if it works or not. What I am looking for are people who are using them or have used them and their honest opinion on them. I want someone with first hand experience or knows someone who uses them.

Last edited by Lebbie54; 03-20-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:30 PM
LAKOTA169
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess the only way your going to find out, is buy a set and try them. That way you'll have first hand experience.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:25 AM
MikeCzipri
Professional

Originally Posted by Lebbie54
Thank you for your comments, but I am not looking for someone's opinion on them that doesn't use them. Any idiot can say something works great or sucks and act like they know what they are talking about. But never having used them they are actually clueless to if it works or not. What I am looking for are people who are using them or have used them and their honest opinion on them. I want someone with first hand experience or knows someone who uses them.
May I suggest being less of a dick, you may get more replies? This topic has been beat up 50 times. The consensus is that autolite or NGK is the way to go.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:48 AM
ryan_brown33
Veteran

Originally Posted by MikeCzipri
May I suggest being less of a dick, you may get more replies? This topic has been beat up 50 times. The consensus is that autolite or NGK is the way to go.
I second this. Why don't you actually go and buy them if you really want to know how well they work? That's the only way you will know for sure, but you should take info from somebody like ramguy, he is pretty smart when it comes to these trucks, but instead of being a dick why don't you just go buy them then you'll get firsthand knowledge of them.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:50 AM
ryan_brown33
Veteran

By the way, triple prong spark plugs suck *** cause you cant gap them to the truck's specs, which will make it run like junk, but just my 2 cents

Old 03-21-2011, 11:55 AM
moparman_2004
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have them and dont have any complaints i got them at the same price as autolites and idk if it was the plug being better that made the diffrence or just having fresh plugs and these plugs are pregapped so you dont ever need to not that there really is a way to anyway but complaints i dont have any are they worth the money ill leave that to you if it was me i would probley just go with a double platinum next time but thats my opinion on them

Old 03-21-2011, 12:10 PM
DakMan6704
Captain

hahaha...this amuses me.

my 2cents that will be tossed....just get regular(OEM spec) NGKs. youll notice a huge difference(being they are fresh). Now, the gapping concern is one I share, and dont believe it is constant through the life of the plug. The electrode will wear, increasing the gap, cooling your spark. Either way, its a wear-able part, like tires or brakes, so everyone is going to have a diff opinon or story.

BTW, did you hear the best oil is made from baby walrus bone marrow. hard to come by, but I know a guy who got a 12 mpg increase and at least 43hp..just by looking at it.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Lebbie54
Professional

Originally Posted by MikeCzipri

Not trying to be one. I am sick of people who think they know if they work better or not and have never used them.

My question to you then and everyone else is what makes the autolites or NGK the way to go? Is it just because that is what everyone else uses and it has just been that way for a long time? Doing something just because it has been done that way forever is dumb. Innovation and advances come through trying new things.

Quick Reply: E-3 Spark plugs