2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009
Old 08-05-2015, 12:35 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: 4WD
Print Wikipost

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi 5.7L 4LO problem ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 11:27 AM
Cee Zar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This guy shows how ti fix the problem in his youtube video

Having the same problem with my Durango. I saw this video and it makes a lot of sense. It will show you how to disconnect the 4wd if you don't really need it, and/or how to fix the problem in most cases. But at least you will understand the problem and work with a mechanic to fix it without incurring the higher costs.

Good luck to all!

Old 06-11-2020, 12:26 AM
BBICLBIC
Rookie

Hello i have 2004 durango 130,000 K 5.7 hemi .Today wife starts it & that SVC 4 wheel drive light came on in dash .She went to back up & turn its like it in 4 wheel drive . Its a AWD but its never done these she drove it maybe 1 mile came home still tires are grabbing the pavement when she turns the wheels .she said its like the emergency brake on but its not on . After reading what you said & others you get no warring that there a issue tell the SVC light come on .Any thought s? Thanks

Old 11-30-2022, 10:02 PM
JennyJennJen
Default September 29th 2022 exactly the same issues described over & over where's the recall?

I am posting this from a 2010 complaint description problem that we all are still having to date the national highway traffic safety administration "nhtsa" says to me quote unquote (once I made my complaint on their website) that if every single person who's blogged, stat the complaint asking did someone find the fix ... I've come across in this past few months posted that same complaint on their "website" may have had some attention actually received a recall to help us all with this very clear problem from the actual manufacturer who built the parts that Dodge bought two place on their Dodge Durangos yes :-) I do have a 2005 Dodge Durango SLT 5.7 l Hemi my truck drives absolutely perfect no other problems I've encountered but this one the last straw where my safety I know is in jeopardy is when I went to reverse and my truck sounded like a giant blender I was asked did I take it to dodge dealership mechanics what for everybody else is stating they can't find a problem clearly we that are Dodge Durango owners no what they don't know which it is a serious problem where is the recall I live in Colorado I need my SUV I am also in college I also want though head of my household I need my vehicle she is still a pandemic or covid-19 I do not care to get on public transportation. Please somebody who sees this take the time for us all in copy and paste to their website the national highway traffic safety administration My Hope Is that one day it will become a recall even if you no longer have your vehicle but have a receipt at least we may be paid back for the repairs and for us that still have our vehicles hanging on to I hope in a prayer hang in there because all of your comments concerns blogs posts but I've encountered which has been hundreds drives me to find help because this is just wild to know that there has not been a recall placed yet I don't an electric car nor do I want to invest in another vehicle I just want my truck to be fixed safe and reliable just like the 2022 Dodge Durangos

Originally Posted by sonhanguyen
I finally broke down and put my Dodge into the shop ... the final straw was when I was driving, the Dodge shifted into 4WD by itself. It was difficult to shift back to AWD (had to stop and switched to 4HI, 4LO, AWD for a bit for it to catch back on 4WD) .. and service 4WD light came on too. I took it back to Dodge dealership who told me the first time it was my brakes ... but this time, there was ample indications to point them in the right direction. They stated it was 4X4 Actuator failure. They replaced 4X4 actuator and installed 5143477AA (gear motor: transfer case) .. cost of part was $284.00 & labor was $276.99. Then they have to do MOC transfer motor case & add automatic transmission fluid (fluid cost was $23.40 & labor was addtl $66.55) ... and they charged me shop supplies in the amount of $78.11 .. total cost $780.08. They also found seal leak in rear axle & I need new EGR part (which have cost me another $900 to fix which included differential) ... If you have this same problem .. buy the part yourself and put an ad on craiglist for Dodge mechanic to fix your problem. Good luck out there.

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Durango Hemi 5.7L 4LO problem ?