2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zman17
It gets cooler air from the OEM location. Unless you extend it out to the grille, you are basically just drawing hot air like a K&N CAI. Get a K&N drop in filter and be happy.
Have a K&N drop in! Actually I may clean it , it could def use that! I will extend it then as well to the grille! I was going to purchase a spectre kit but decided id try this way instead, and save the money.

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Yep, it was me.

I just don't have mine shoved as far down as yours. Any further and it wouldn't hold. lol

And I'm not entirely sure how the air it pulls in is cooler. It either comes from the cowl or the pocket behind the headlight, which doesn't allow much air.
I just shoved it where it looked alright and wasnt pulling off the cleaner lol. And im not sure either how it could get cool air there either.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:34 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnn123
Have a K&N drop in! Actually I may clean it , it could def use that! I will extend it then as well to the grille! I was going to purchase a spectre kit but decided id try this way instead, and save the money.

I just shoved it where it looked alright and wasnt pulling off the cleaner lol. And im not sure either how it could get cool air there either.

Because it's not coming directly from the hot azz engine bay. The tube gets hot enough under there, why pull in warmer air?

Old 07-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Because it's not coming directly from the hot azz engine bay. The tube gets hot enough under there, why pull in warmer air?
Yes it certainly does get hot under there! I guess Im still hung up at how the air in the fender is cooler then coming from directly beside the rad in front of the grill?
Also does it really make that much of a difference? From the butt-o-meter perspective I dont think it would be that much would it? Thank you for explaining to, btw!

Old 07-08-2013, 05:43 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Ain't pulling in warmer air on the highway. If anything I would think it would pull in cooler, higher velocity air at highway speeds.
Yes it certainly does get hot under there! I guess Im still hung up at how the air in the fender is cooler then coming from directly beside the rad in front of the grill?
Also does it really make that much of a difference? From the butt-o-meter perspective I dont think it would be that much would it? Thank you for explaining to, btw!
Hot air sometimes increases MPG depending on the engine.

And it makes a little whistle too.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:58 PM
odzmaker
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I re installed the Door panel after deciding "I'm done trying to make the stupid speakers work"

New Kenwood Stereo System to come after Front suspension re-build!

Old 07-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Ain't pulling in warmer air on the highway. If anything I would think it would pull in cooler, higher velocity air at highway speeds.

Hot air sometimes increases MPG depending on the engine.

And it makes a little whistle too.
This was my thought? And OMG A WHISTLE??? Def keeping now!

Old 07-08-2013, 06:10 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

This was my thought? And OMG A WHISTLE??? Def keeping now!
It's really slight. lol

I've noticed with mine the throttle isn't quite as snappy as it was without the tube on it at all.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tech nice to see you got the NV4500 rolling. Finally.

Z I don't know how long you have had the fuzzy dice in your sig, but I like it and take at least 50% credit for it.

Last week some time I changed the oil in my Cummins, it was pushing almost 7000 miles... I know not good but I have been insanely busy and trying to save money with the recent house purchase. Don't even ask how long it has been since I changed it in the red truck.

Yesterday I bought a couch and coffee table for the house, and hauled them back with the '93. I like 8 foot beds.

My Tcase is leaking in the '95, and instead of just living with it and keeping it full I have parked it until I can take it apart and re seal it. I hate leaks.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:32 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

What is a Ram F1500HD ?
F: Four wheel drive, VIN position 5, F for 4WD, and C for 2WD.

1500HD: Heavy half, essentially a early Light Duty 2500 rebadged and rerated as a 1500 to meet California Emissions. And yes it was a California emissions compliant vehicle before I messed with it.

So I just messed with the name myself - since I've made alot of it a non-factory configuration.

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Tech nice to see you got the NV4500 rolling. Finally.

Z I don't know how long you have had the fuzzy dice in your sig, but I like it and take at least 50% credit for it.

Last week some time I changed the oil in my Cummins, it was pushing almost 7000 miles... I know not good but I have been insanely busy and trying to save money with the recent house purchase. Don't even ask how long it has been since I changed it in the red truck.

Yesterday I bought a couch and coffee table for the house, and hauled them back with the '93. I like 8 foot beds.

My Tcase is leaking in the '95, and instead of just living with it and keeping it full I have parked it until I can take it apart and re seal it. I hate leaks.
I know it's been a long time, but hey, it's almost done The Dodge is gonna get to do some towing here late this week/early next week!

As far as oil changes go, you ought to put Amsoil in, get a 15K oil change, using the 25K change oil. It'd save ya some money and time.

As far as the tcase goes, use ultra black rtv. Works like a charm.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:03 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Seafoamed the top end. Apparently the engine was so hot that it kept burning the SF off. I couldn't choke it out. So I had to shut it off by the key. Then it kept running, and finally shut off with a teeth grinding clunk. lol

Started it up, and it ran fine once it burned it off. Made a nice smoke show too.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?