2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 10:05 PM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He just said that it wears out quicker than normal. He recommended Mopar witch merc on here also recommended.

I'm just getting a new replacement stock and putting a tensioner on it. It should last the rest of the life time of the truck I'm hoping.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:10 AM
blazer01
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finally got ac in the SS/T took everything but the blower out of the 01 and put it in over the weekend charged it yesterday and very nice

Old 07-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

About fawkin time Merc!!

Are you going to flap all that surface rust off or use a blaster? Don't forget your tetanus shot! lol Dude, start a single thread to document your rebuild, people will want to know.... While there have been some threads on it here, they severely lack the tech/steps of what is involved.

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Used 1999 era Dana 60 front and Dana 70 rear 4.10 gears and rear LSD, got a great deal on them to boot, Thanks Colton. Next is new wheels just need to pick a size under 18" Dia and colour, then gear ratio. Not too many parts left to get before I can start the new lift and diff install. The new trac-bar is on its way up from SC should be here next week sometime, Thanks Jeff351 for the great deal and your time.

Rear still has the tag on it.

Edit;

So how in the world did this unfortunate accident happen? How does a measely 1500 help a heavy **** Hummer? lol Looks like some itty bitty car wanted to get b/t them?

Originally Posted by dman12323
While getting ready to order more things for my truck. Got a call from some of my friends that they had been in an accident on the highway. So I drove 50 miles to the scene today to rescue some friends,that what I did to my ram today. Thank goodness nobody was injured. Friends are still quite freaked out about what happen.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:09 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
About fawkin time Merc!!

Are you going to flap all that surface rust off or use a blaster? Don't forget your tetanus shot! lol Dude, start a single thread to document your rebuild, people will want to know.... While there have been some threads on it here, they severely lack the tech/steps of what is involved.
Yea I have been dragging my butt on this, but I was waiting for the right diff's and the right price again, $350 for the pair and I just sold the trac-bar for a $100 so down to $250 for them both. I did screw up though the rear is a 60 not a 70, got mixed feelings about that, but it will let me run the 5.38 gears I would like to use and also let me use the E Lockers I have here. I was close to doing this many years ago but just could not bring myself to mess with the truck that much, had a set of power wagon diff's at one point for it.

For cleaning them I am going to try high psi liquid media blasting, I have heard good things on this. I think I will do a Diy thread once I am done this work, I don't get on here enough in the summer to keep the thread updated on a reg basis.

Today I go pick up new drums, shoes, pads for the diffs. I will also be ordering new anti-wrap leaf spring pads 2.5" x 6". The pads must be moved out wards 1/2" on each side on the 60, 1500 pin to pin width is 44.5" the 2500 pin to pin is 43.5". I am also working on figuring out the rear DS issue.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can put dana 70 guts in a 60 housing, google Jana 76. I think wh1t3 was the one who showed me this originally.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:39 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ Thanks but I am just going to stick with the 60 as I have most of the parts needed for it EI locker, save me some $$$ on not needing a 70 locker. If I need to I can find a 70 later on for it. I have that info from WN as well good info to read over.

Feel like doing me a favor? would you measure your rear DS weld to weld for me?

How's the new house???

Edit: My Dodge dealer has spring perches in stock so they are what I will be using, dirt cheap $12 for the pair. Mopar Performance P4120074 - Mopar Performance Spring Perch Brackets. So I will see if these old eye's can see well enough to still weld a good bead soon.

Just a link to them http://moparperformance.carshopinc.c...36973/P4120074

Old 07-16-2013, 12:49 PM
dman12323
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle

So how in the world did this unfortunate accident happen? How does a measely 1500 help a heavy **** Hummer? lol Looks like some itty bitty car wanted to get b/t them?
I'm not sure what my friends did.They were driving a Chevy Tahoe and they say the Military truck ran into the back of them and smashed them into the front one? I'm not sure I believe there story especially for that kind of damage. Chevy Tahoe totalled... I should also add in the fact that there the same friends that drove there Ford Police Interceptor vic through a road flood and I had to come rescue them again before the cops came and fined them. Actually on my way to help them replace the starter in it because of that. By the time I got there they had a few other military trucks out there,some were even in civilian clothes? But pretty much the only reason for going out there was to save my friends a ride in the back of a police car and see what they did this time... I need new friends...

Old 07-16-2013, 05:28 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i picked up a 390cfm holley carb for my 81 for $50 today. it looks to be in pretty good shape but i will find out once. i take the float bowls off. i hope i can make sure things are clean and then toss it on. on the way to pick the carb up my dad and me spotted 2 rv batteries thrown to the curb so we picked them up and took them to buy me a rebuilt interstate battery. cost $56.50 but after we scrapped the 1 battery it was only about $45. now i just have to install it.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:30 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasn't a 390 what you were looking for anyway?

Should be interesting to see how the manners of your truck are after it's installed.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:33 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

ya. i have been searching for a 390 and was considering spending the $400 to buy one brand new. it should hopefully help my fuel mileage and power.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?