2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's almost a **** ton

Old 08-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Jigabop
Champion

yesterday I replaced my other heater hose in an attempt to fix a coolant leak running down the firewall from where the lines hook up to the heater core...attempt failed, it was the original line I replaced a few months ago that is leaking again. so after work I need to go out there and try to shove the line further back and re-clamp it to see if it will hold this time. It's pissing a steady stream of coolant when the truck is running.

Also worked on the S-10 yesterday and fixed the rear diff leak. scraped off the gasket and used the wire-wheel on my bench grinder on the diff cover to get the gasket off of there. RTV'ed it back on and filled it up with limited slip gear oil. also verified that it does have a limited slip rear.

Then discovered the spring broke on the passenger side seat belt in the S10, and the attempt to remove the seat belt bolt failed...stupid torx head bolt stripped out, so gonna need to weld a bolt to the top of it and use a large wrench against the bolt to get the other bolt out...be one more swap from the parts donor truck lol...

Old 08-19-2013, 02:02 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Isn't the limited slip in the S trucks the GM Gov-Lok, or some such? (therefore, no clutches....)

Old 08-19-2013, 11:41 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Took it to the car wash today. $12 later...

Underbody wash definitely clean some crap off, used to be hella more dirt under there.
Bed still needs work due to the amount of cat litter still in it. lmao

Gonna hit that with the hose tomorrow.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:42 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used my truck to haul these free Cerwin Vega LS10 floor speakers and RCA 5.1 surround sound speakers I found on the list of craig. I just hope free doesnt equal broken lol. I replied to an ad for just some surround sound speakers that "should work." And was later told that another set of surround sound speakers (not pictured) and the LS10s would be there for the taking as well, if I wanted. Of course anything free sounds good to me.

Just gotta wait for my (free) AV receiver to arrive. A family member has a new one that they've never used and don't want it so I'm taking it off their hands.

Here's the setup minus the AVR and a free powered sub. Gonna make a table for the TV then build shelves off the side of the table to hold the LS10s. And of course the 5.1 speakers wont be setup like that once all hooked up.
Name:  IMG_04871_zpsf7304a12.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  286.8 KB

Old 08-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Isn't the limited slip in the S trucks the GM Gov-Lok, or some such? (therefore, no clutches....)
it's definitely an interesting rear end... it originally came out of a 98 4x4 blazer.

I bought it off craigslist for $300 to swap on to the S10 cause it was limited slip and it had rear disc brakes. direct bolt on replacement with the exception that you need to have custom made ebrake cables...still haven't gotten around to doing that yet..

Old 08-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Jigabop
Champion

fixed the coolant leak AGAIN... changed hose clamps this time and ditched that stupid dodge pinch clamp in favor of a screw type clamp.. seems to be holding...will know for sure when the tstat opens...

Old 08-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
fixed the coolant leak AGAIN... changed hose clamps this time and ditched that stupid dodge pinch clamp in favor of a screw type clamp.. seems to be holding...will know for sure when the tstat opens...
Pinch (band) clamps are superior to the screw/cam style clamps as they (band) clamps exert the correct amount of pressure on the plastic parts of the radiator so as not to break them.

'Murricans, in their "infinite superiority", love to replace band clamps with their so-called SUPERIOR screw type clamps and torque them so tight that cracks or severe stress is imposed on the plastic parts which -- YEP, lead to leaks and the eventual replacement of parts that were otherwise not damaged.

Proper diagnosis, kid. That's the name of the game.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:39 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

so are you not an American VW? cause sounds like your bashing Americans. truth is that those spring style clamps loose some of their holding abilities over time and as long as your not a dumbass a screw clamp works just fine.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Rescue35
Professional

Of course, anything a hose is clamped to shouldn't be made of plastic anyway...

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?