2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 10:34 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Thanks WR.

Nice WR, winter wheeling rig? Did you get any kind of top with it?
All year round wheelin rig/DD is the plan Since I didn't get any money out of the '95 I have to sell something else so the 24v will be for sale once I get the injection pump in and the truck running. (I have one in the garage waiting to be put in)

Sorry to see your truck on a dolly.

Originally Posted by Jigabop
interesting twin config...primary over the secondary instead of secondary over the primary....
That's how they do it with 6.7's cuz there is no room. It's actually Industrial Injection's kit. Came with the 474 and uses the stock vgt as the secondary so the exhaust brake can be retained. I don't understand why it uses such a small primary, 6.7 is a big motor and Common rails can spool a much bigger charger. I assume it must be aimed for towing.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:32 AM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
All year round wheelin rig/DD is the plan Since I didn't get any money out of the '95 I have to sell something else so the 24v will be for sale once I get the injection pump in and the truck running. (I have one in the garage waiting to be put in)

Sorry to see your truck on a dolly.
S*** Happens Oh well. It's already back on the road, new cross-joint, pinion yoke, pinion seal, strap kit and installed the spare shortened DS. Best mpg its ever got lol.

Did you get a top with the Jeep ???

Edit: When looking for these parts I realized 1; that I have a whack load of 1500 spare parts that are no longer any good to me. 2; I need to get more 60 spare parts in the shop as I don't have much of anything.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by merc225hp
S*** Happens Oh well. It's already back on the road, new cross-joint, pinion yoke, pinion seal, strap kit and installed the spare shortened DS. Best mpg its ever got lol.

Did you get a top with the Jeep ???

Edit: When looking for these parts I realized 1; that I have a whack load of 1500 spare parts that are no longer any good to me. 2; I need to get more 60 spare parts in the shop as I don't have much of anything.
Whoops I forgot to tell you that it came with 2 half doors (the factory kind with no window/frame) and a soft top. The top is pretty rough, I will probably just buy a nice one off craigslist. I like the 1/2 doors and soft top, I think hard tops and full doors are dumb.

Glad you aren't real upset about it, also glad no permanent major damage was done.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:45 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Whoops I forgot to tell you that it came with 2 half doors (the factory kind with no window/frame) and a soft top. The top is pretty rough, I will probably just buy a nice one off craigslist. I like the 1/2 doors and soft top, I think hard tops and full doors are dumb.
Back when I lived in Winterpeg at -40c a hard top was nice. Out here heck I think I would just use a bikini top and the half doors.

Glad you aren't real upset about it, also glad no permanent major damage was done.
Nah not worth getting upset, my dumb mistake. I was very lucky no tcase damage was done with the spinning DS as it did not fall out unit I stopped.

Truck work today is to wash off all the gear oil from under the box and so on.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Ouchie Merc!!

Old 08-19-2013, 12:02 AM
DeeJayh
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Installed a Pioneer head unit I had laying around as the factory head unit stopped liking to work on AM/FM. Next step is to get my Optima yellow top battery, my big 3 upgrade wires, and my 2 300 watt amps in there with some speakers worth speaking of. Need to find myself a couple of nice 400 watt rms 12"s to go in my box for cheap and then figure out a place for my box to go lol.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought the same thing about the hardtop in full doors until after my Jeep was broken into three times and my soft top got old fast in the winter ...it all depends on what you're doing with the jeep

Old 08-19-2013, 12:17 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not the Ram, but I quite literally just now hauled a ton of **** with the 76.

Around 1800lbs of manure in the bed at the moment.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's all?

Old 08-19-2013, 12:37 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah. Right rear tire isn't rated for anymore anyhow.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?