2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the alarm would still go off if you opened the door with it locked either way, but the horn wouldn't been letting you know that you just locked the doors... I used to have to listen for the click from the door locks or watch for the red flashing light... now I can hear it toot when it locks much better!

Old 04-16-2014, 12:50 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by HeyYou
There is a relay in the PDC for the O2 sensor heaters. (I think) Swap that relay with another one, and see if the codes stay gone.
Heyyou you are the man! I went out and checked mine and for whatever reason the o2 heater relay wasnt there but there isnt a socket for it.. however there is also a fuse for the o2 sensors mine was blown. Im hopong problem solved!

Name:  20140416_124129_zpsvb8dogft.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  122.0 KBName:  20140416_124122_zpsdqauvj4k.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  82.8 KB

So ill elaborate on the heater relay missing..

Its impossible to plug a relay into the socket as it just falls in. However I dont have a security system but there is a relay for it. So mYbe its for the o2 sensor heaters...

Old 04-16-2014, 01:58 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Topped the tank off, $43 @ $3.39 a gallon. Driving town to Mt. Airy on Saturday morning to meet up with Mr. Eaton

Old 04-16-2014, 02:48 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb
Topped the tank off, $43 @ $3.39 a gallon. Driving town to Mt. Airy on Saturday morning to meet up with Mr. Eaton
you should drive up this way some time!

Old 04-16-2014, 03:29 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
you should drive up this way some time!
That would be a fun drive but you aren't exactly close...

Old 04-16-2014, 05:27 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
Heyyou you are the man! I went out and checked mine and for whatever reason the o2 heater relay wasnt there but there isnt a socket for it.. however there is also a fuse for the o2 sensors mine was blown. Im hopong problem solved!

So ill elaborate on the heater relay missing..

Its impossible to plug a relay into the socket as it just falls in. However I dont have a security system but there is a relay for it. So mYbe its for the o2 sensor heaters...
Now I found that too, there is no plug for the relay. It just falls in. I though someone yanked em or something for some stupid reason, nope just nothin there it seems. Im gonna check the security system relay now that ya say that though, never noticed that before.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:03 AM
topkin
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Instaled my Flowmaster "Direct Fit"(ha yea... right) Cat that came two weeks ago and replaced my passenger side wiper blade. Original cat was partialy cloged due to a fuel problem a while back. Sounds pretty good, noticable differance in getting up to speed and power up hills. Also took it to a mechanic to have the plenum checked out and everything is looking good; not burning oil, idles and runs great, no smoke out the tailpipe, no pooling inside the manifold. OEM plate though .

Old 04-20-2014, 12:22 AM
kissmymagnum
Professional

A friend gave me a set of headlights from a '00 Sport that he replaced. The only reason is that they were very hazy and yellowed. I got 2000 grit sandpaper and wetsanded the heck out of them, then sprayed 5 coats of clear on them. Nice and clear now. I finally got to install them today and made a custom harness with relays for the brights so that all 4 bulbs are lit with the brights. Even better, I didnt touch the factory wiring so I could change it back if I ever had any reason to. It looks so much better already, especially with the lenses being clear. Almost makes the truck look newer. Time for a paint job next since the clear is starting to go.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:39 AM
tincan57
Captain
Smile Good timing

A good friend of mine recommended the same process to clean up an old head light. Thanks for posting. I have one in need on a 2500.

Used to live near Lincolnton once.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:40 PM
kissmymagnum
Professional

Originally Posted by tincan57
A good friend of mine recommended the same process to clean up an old head light. Thanks for posting. I have one in need on a 2500.

Used to live near Lincolnton once.

The paint holds up so much better than just polishing them. I had 2000 grit sandpaper and the hose nearby to keep them rinsed and to keep them wet while I worked. I have done them in the truck and out, out is considerably easier but a lot more work if you are not changing them like I just did. Just make sure that you mask everything off well and use quality clear paint. My last headlights went six years after and still look decent. Never did get them as clean as I got these though. Takes a lot of patience and elbow work. They will look very hazy as they dry but the clear will take care of that in even coats.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?