2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 10:33 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
that cummins is pretty sexy!

whered that hood come from? i want one for my new truck!!!
It's a nice truck. Personally I much prefer a fourth gen interior but it's comfortable and it has some nice conveniences. It is actually a special order truck. While it has the SLT badges, it really isn't a SLT. It is a work truck, custom ordered from Dodge. It has the Infiinity Stereo system (listen to a high-quality live bootleg of Pink Floyd on there, it is beyond awesome, really sounds like you are there!!!), power driver's seat with lumbar support, 4 wheel anti-locks, TPMS system, extra-thick rubber floor (no carpet anywhere), fancy 17" rims, radio controls on steering wheel (WHICH I ABSOLUTELY LOVE), aux in for the radio (Which is MUCH nicer than a bluetooth carkit IMO), aux outlet in center seat console, storage compartment in the lower part of the front center seat, storage under the rear seats, overhead console, keyless entry, security system, SKIM key (which I HATE), cab clearance lights, LineX bed liner, nerf bars, electronic shift four-wheel drive (which is VERY nice), fog lamps (which I once again ABSOLUTELY LOVE, and the headlights themselves are beyond awesome), full-size spare, rear defrost window, power heated tow mirrors, automatic dimming rear view mirror (which is very nice as well), factory RAM logo on the windshield above the rear view mirror, etc etc. Too much to list.

I do not know where the hood come from, but it is AWESOME. You will almost never have to turn defrosters on for the windshield. The way the hood is set up, the heat from the engine will keep it defrosted. It also looks very good on the truck. I will look and see if there are any tags or anything on it anywhere tomorrow.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:34 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by Spillage
Or was it that you blew them off on an up hill run?
Maybe I didn't speak Spanish well enough. IDK lol.

Oh crap. DF's stupid word censor asteriked out M*exicans. Lol. (Look in the off-topic section for the comedy)

Old 12-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aofarrell2
It's a nice truck. Personally I much prefer a fourth gen interior but it's comfortable and it has some nice conveniences. It is actually a special order truck. While it has the SLT badges, it really isn't a SLT. It is a work truck, custom ordered from Dodge. It has the Infiinity Stereo system (listen to a high-quality live bootleg of Pink Floyd on there, it is beyond awesome, really sounds like you are there!!!), power driver's seat with lumbar support, 4 wheel anti-locks, TPMS system, extra-thick rubber floor (no carpet anywhere), fancy 17" rims, radio controls on steering wheel (WHICH I ABSOLUTELY LOVE), aux in for the radio (Which is MUCH nicer than a bluetooth carkit IMO), aux outlet in center seat console, storage compartment in the lower part of the front center seat, storage under the rear seats, overhead console, keyless entry, security system, SKIM key (which I HATE), cab clearance lights, LineX bed liner, nerf bars, electronic shift four-wheel drive (which is VERY nice), fog lamps (which I once again ABSOLUTELY LOVE, and the headlights themselves are beyond awesome), full-size spare, rear defrost window, power heated tow mirrors, automatic dimming rear view mirror (which is very nice as well), factory RAM logo on the windshield above the rear view mirror, etc etc. Too much to list.

I do not know where the hood come from, but it is AWESOME. You will almost never have to turn defrosters on for the windshield. The way the hood is set up, the heat from the engine will keep it defrosted. It also looks very good on the truck. I will look and see if there are any tags or anything on it anywhere tomorrow.

cool but i wanna know why your super awesome carb setup may have broke your engine.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:56 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

I have the infinity system in my 2nd gen, and my wj. Wj has a far superior stereo than my truck.

Steering wheel controls are nice, but go ahead and try to put in an aftermarket stereo... Need to buy extra stuff, which can get expensive quick, just to maintain the steering wheel controls.

I found the hood about 20 minutes after I posted. Its from lmc. Cost is about 600. I will be putting in an order for it, and a whole front clip for an 06-08/09, if I have to settle on an 03-05. I like the front ends on the later 3rd gens over the 03-05 models.

Its a rather easy swap too. Fenders, headlights, headlight harness adapters, grille(and frame), and bumper pad as the headlights don't stick into them any longer starting in 06.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:06 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
cool but i wanna know why your super awesome carb setup may have broke your engine.
FPR in the tank isn't working. Why IDK. That's as much as I found out today. Could be frozen or gummed up. I've got a new pump that I got some time ago that I'll install.

That list of stuff is on the 09 though, not the carb'd 96. In case you got the two mixed up.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:08 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

I have the infinity system in my 2nd gen, and my wj. Wj has a far superior stereo than my truck.

Steering wheel controls are nice, but go ahead and try to put in an aftermarket stereo... Need to buy extra stuff, which can get expensive quick, just to maintain the steering wheel controls.

I found the hood about 20 minutes after I posted. Its from lmc. Cost is about 600. I will be putting in an order for it, and a whole front clip for an 06-08/09, if I have to settle on an 03-05. I like the front ends on the later 3rd gens over the 03-05 models.

Its a rather easy swap too. Fenders, headlights, headlight harness adapters, grille(and frame), and bumper pad as the headlights don't stick into them any longer starting in 06.
The 96 has a nice speaker system too but it isn't half as nice as the Infinity. All boils down to personal preference though.

I don't think we are planning to change the stereo but good to know.

And also good to know where the hood is from.

I like the late third gen front, but I do not like the late 3rd gen tail lights. I wonder if I could swap them for the early 3rd gen tail lights.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:24 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

The 96 has a nice speaker system too but it isn't half as nice as the Infinity. All boils down to personal preference though.

I don't think we are planning to change the stereo but good to know.

And also good to know where the hood is from.

I like the late third gen front, but I do not like the late 3rd gen tail lights. I wonder if I could swap them for the early 3rd gen tail lights.
If I get an 03-05 I'll trade you tail lights! They should fit. The swap has been done before...

Old 12-02-2014, 11:26 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

If I get an 03-05 I'll trade you tail lights! They should fit. The swap has been done before...
PM me if you do. I don't see any reason they shouldn't work, slight chance of a different connector but that is no biggie.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:52 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

PM me if you do. I don't see any reason they shouldn't work, slight chance of a different connector but that is no biggie.
absolutely man. if anything id sell em to ya for cheap. i might get a set of smoked leds.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
I shaketh my fist at theeeeeeee!!! hahahah

That's pretty coolio. Do your still work?
passenger one does...driver one never worked... well at least since before I've owned it anyway.

as for what I did to my truck today:

after letting it sit for over a week: I started it

it had 1/2" of frozen snow sitting on top of it and was about 10* outside. had to thaw out the drivers door with hot water (I only carefully poured it along the door seals to avoid it touching the glass) just to get into it as the door was frozen shut.

then put the key in and cold started it! (no block heater plugged in, no waiting for the grid heaters to warm up...just get in and immediately crank it over)

she fired right up after 5 cranks. not bad for a diesel with over 250k miles on her

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?