2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 10:49 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mileage so far this winter has sucked, well, not drastically different, but then again with the already low mileage these things gets I suppose any drop is drastic...

Anywho, going back to Startron to see if it helps any.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:11 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aofarrell2
Meh you must have the wrong clutch j/k

The 2 low is very nice for reversing, and when trying to manouvre a trailer in a tight space. It allows very very precise speed control
Just a very grabby clutch and too expensive to burn up with nonsense like backing up a trailer.. double disc clutches don't like slipping.

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Ever consider a career in sales? You make this sound like a REALLY good plan.... (and I was leaning that direction anyway......) Oh, and by the way, my wife now hates you.
To hell with sales! Besides salesman aren't very convincing when their job is sales... Haha tell her to get you one for Christmas!

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
I used to do that, converting to side post if it wasn't already set up that way for the alternator, starter, big grounds and so on in the factory setup, and then use the top posts for auxiliary loads. I just didn't want to got that route this time around, and not for any particular reason.

It's all good for now, but I'm contemplating finding a nice place to hide some beefy terminal strips.
you could always do it backwards? hook aux stuff to side post??

get some longer bolts and nuts that fit the side post, and use loop terminals for the amp or aux power, w/e you need to hook to the battery, and put the terminal on the bolt, get the nut close to sandwiching it in, thread in the bolt to the side post, and then finish tightening the nut against the terminal... not the prettiest setup but it works... can always wrap it in electrical tape if you are worried about the battery coming loose and bolt hitting the body. or make a rubber/plastic cap to go over it. Plenty of creative ways to go about it

Old 11-29-2014, 11:22 AM
redneck_ram
Champion

broke the plastic cad lines at the axle, while plowing wednesday night...

just ordered an oem cad setup from the dealer. part number is 52105299AB

it comes with the lines from the axle, and the metal lines. cost me just under 30 bucks!

Old 11-29-2014, 12:44 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
broke the plastic cad lines at the axle, while plowing wednesday night...

just ordered an oem cad setup from the dealer. part number is 52105299AB

it comes with the lines from the axle, and the metal lines. cost me just under 30 bucks!
That's still available? And for a reasonable price???? Amazing.....

Old 11-29-2014, 01:26 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fixed my air hat as all the little plastic tabs on the baback were broken. thus letting the back fall down and making it sound like I had a turbo....

So I just drilled two holes. And ran a little bolt through them. put nuts on those. And then used the bolts where the tabs are supposed to go to.

Now it's quitened Back down

Old 11-29-2014, 01:32 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

surprisingly so! it wasnt in stock, but its in their boston warehouse, theyll order it monday, and ill have it tuesday!

Old 11-29-2014, 06:04 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can get 'em for about $25, perhaps a bit more, from just about any dealer. Mine's new from when Drive Line Service installed my Mega Viper... they screwed up just about everything they touched.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:16 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Went out and played with my four wheel drive today.... turns out, the problem was a poor connection at the cad. The little boot that goes over the vacuum ports on the actuator are getting kinda loose. Temp fixed it with zip ties for now. That new harness and such is lookin' pretty tasty..... either that, or the posi-lok...... new harness is certainly cheaper......

Old 12-01-2014, 01:47 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I installed some new backup lights this evening. Not too exciting. I just stuck some (5630 SMD) LED DRL/backup lights, little bitty fellers, to the top of the factory installed trailer hitch where they're impossible to hit and plumbed them into the trailer connector. I'd considered plumbing in a switch in the cab but that would have left me tempted from time to time to turn on the backup lights in response to high beams behind me so I opted to deny myself that future opportunity for a**holery.

The light output isn't super brilliant but it's sufficient and far better than just the feeble stock setup. At ten bucks a pair from a fleabay seller I just couldn't not do it.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:00 AM
peterbilt201
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well today ill be finishing up the my new exhaust system. cant wait.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?