2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 01:39 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997JollyGreenGiant
Went to the junkyard today to look for 1998-2001/2002 style powered mirrors and they didn't have any. All they had was either broken or missing. Guess someone beat me to them. Ended up ordering them off of Rock Auto.

I know you already ordered mirrors but I just thought I would throw this out for you.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/****-replac...369y2001g140j1

I bought these when I had my 2nd Gen. They actually worked real good and they are huge compared to stock mirrors.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:37 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

Today I added some badges to the new paint.

The original 98 badging is cheap plastic looking (in my opinion), so I chose to update to 02 style badges.
Since half the 98 stuff is actually decals, I found some other badges of similar style (domed chrome) to finish it off... I got a "Sport" badge and put it under the RAM 1500, instead of the back of the bed per original.
Also, loving our magnum power plants as I do, I thought I'd give it a little more predominance... I got some "Magnum" car badges and a generic "V8" badge and put those on the side of the hood.
And to finish it off, I put an 08 Durango 3D rams head emblem on the top of the grill... this took a little filing to increase the corner radius and undercut the edge so it fit into the cavity better... the stock emblem is curved on the back, and the new one is flat, so I added a strip of double sided tape top and bottom so it then touched/adhered top, middle, and bottom.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:55 PM
beeker
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Spillage, those badges really bring it up a level. Looks good!

Old 06-28-2015, 11:02 PM
beeker
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Installed some metal billet grille inserts. Removed the honeycomb. I love how it turned out. Have some for the bumper too and will get those done another time.

Name:  20150627_134635_zpsbnymwvdn.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  370.8 KB

Name:  20150627_134624_zps8rn7e8wd.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  340.3 KB

Name:  20150627_134616_zps8pfpnmqd.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  312.7 KB

Name:  20150627_134608_zpszwps0r5t.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  249.0 KB

Name:  20150627_134602_zps7pdtdd1l.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  335.4 KB

Old 06-29-2015, 07:52 AM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I like that! That's pretty sharp!

Old 06-29-2015, 11:56 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Not today, but, Saturday..... It rained pretty good, all day..... following on several previous days of rain. When I came home from work, there was water across the road in several places, and in a couple, it was pretty deep... So, grabbed the wife, and the dogs, and went looking around, just to see how bad it was in some spots know to flood around here..... Went down the road I live on (a different route than I took to get home), and where the bridge goes over what is normally a small creek, the creek was flowing OVER the bridge...... and about 100 yards of road was now a lake..... at the deepest point, the water was probably two feet deep. ON the road.....

Another favorite spot was by what's locally know as "Ghost Trestle". (according to legend, some young gal was killed there, when she was partying on the tracks, and couldn't get away fast enough when a train came, sometimes, late at night, you can hear her screaming......) There are deep ditches down both sides of the road there, and the roadbed slopes down, where it passes under the tracks..... There was some serious flow coming off the fields in this area, and yep, the road was under water..... as I neared the trestle, water started soaking in under the doors..... on my 3/4 ton truck..... I figure it was about three feet deep under the trestle itself. The water there was flowing fast enough, and in a large enough volume, that I had to correct for it, driving down the road.... it was kinda eerie feeling the truck sliding sideways.... a bit more gas, and keep it point in the desired direction of travel, and we made it to the other side.

All in all, it was a LOT of fun. We were out and about for a couple hours, just checking things out. Sunday afternoon, we walked down to the bridge, 'bout a quarter mile from the house, and the water had receded dramatically. It was down to about a foot or so below the bridge, and there was none on the road. It WAS a nice, sunny day though. I was amazed the water left so quickly.

Of course, we are expecting more rain.... almost every day for the next week or so. Should be interesting to see what happens. I already have more water in my yard than I have EVER seen, even after all the snow melt from the heavy winter we had two years ago.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:08 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I tinted my windows the other day. I had my door panels off anyway so I decided to remove my windows from the door and take them inside and I tinted them on the kitchen table. It only took a few minutes to take them out and to put them back in, so I'm sure it made the job easier.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:48 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Not today, but, Saturday..... It rained pretty good, all day..... following on several previous days of rain. When I came home from work, there was water across the road in several places, and in a couple, it was pretty deep... So, grabbed the wife, and the dogs, and went looking around, just to see how bad it was in some spots know to flood around here..... Went down the road I live on (a different route than I took to get home), and where the bridge goes over what is normally a small creek, the creek was flowing OVER the bridge...... and about 100 yards of road was now a lake..... at the deepest point, the water was probably two feet deep. ON the road.....

Another favorite spot was by what's locally know as "Ghost Trestle". (according to legend, some young gal was killed there, when she was partying on the tracks, and couldn't get away fast enough when a train came, sometimes, late at night, you can hear her screaming......) There are deep ditches down both sides of the road there, and the roadbed slopes down, where it passes under the tracks..... There was some serious flow coming off the fields in this area, and yep, the road was under water..... as I neared the trestle, water started soaking in under the doors..... on my 3/4 ton truck..... I figure it was about three feet deep under the trestle itself. The water there was flowing fast enough, and in a large enough volume, that I had to correct for it, driving down the road.... it was kinda eerie feeling the truck sliding sideways.... a bit more gas, and keep it point in the desired direction of travel, and we made it to the other side.

All in all, it was a LOT of fun. We were out and about for a couple hours, just checking things out. Sunday afternoon, we walked down to the bridge, 'bout a quarter mile from the house, and the water had receded dramatically. It was down to about a foot or so below the bridge, and there was none on the road. It WAS a nice, sunny day though. I was amazed the water left so quickly.

Of course, we are expecting more rain.... almost every day for the next week or so. Should be interesting to see what happens. I already have more water in my yard than I have EVER seen, even after all the snow melt from the heavy winter we had two years ago.

You be careful now ya hear!!!! Don't want to read about some dude with his dogs & wife being pushed down river by the flood waters. Would hate to loose ya like that.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:11 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by beeker
Installed some metal billet grille inserts...
That definately looks good... thanks for sharing.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:46 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by beeker
Spillage, those badges really bring it up a level. Looks good!
Thanks... I'm pleased with the "Magnum" addition...

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?