2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 09:12 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramman18
Picked up some new 6x9s and boxes to replace the ones stolen. Got them mounted and then adjusted toe again on the new HD steering. Trying my best to get it to work right.

Noticed rear main leaking again (replaced in May) and coolant leak out of what appears to be the oil pan gasket? Looked everywhere. Just a few drips down the oil pan and damper. What the. . . .?

With all this and the engine shake, bad brakes, and drivetrain vibration, I fear the end may be nearing.
The coolant is probably running down the pan rail from somewhere else. For me, it was the freeze plug behind the drivers side motor mount. It had rusted out, and was starting to leak.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:14 AM
Brian in Tucson
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ramsportrocks
bull****.. its only a girls bike if you let jackasses call it that.. my sportster was one of the best bikes I ever owned and it did everything I wanted it to do for a LONG TIME, the main draw back was the 3 gallon tank..
Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
Hehehe, I love pulling the chain and watching guys get all bent out of shape. When I would try riding my ex wife Sporty I felt like I was riding a mini bike. I'm not a huge guy but her Sporty just seemed small under me. I have a touring bike now so I am use to a lot of bike. I have a Road Glide now but my first Harley was a Softtail Nightrain. Great bike too.
I really don't care what you ride to be honest. Just the fact that you ride is what matters.

Have a great day.
Yeah, mine had the peanut tank, UNDER 2 gallons. I replaced it with one that holds 4 plus gallons. When I got it last spring, it had some problems, mainly old dry tires and totally underpowered. Fixed those problems with Pirelli sport bike tires and a 1200 big bore kit and a complete carb overhaul.

And it was ugly, fixed that with powder coating.

The small size is fine with me, I've been riding Japanese bikes since the early 70's; I'm at a time of life were smaller is better. Not planning on going touring anytime soon.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:58 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

I was a sport bike guy until someone put a big hole in my leg. Now trying to do the crotch rocket crunch hurts too much. The best bike I owned that was a cross between the two was my Buell Lightening XB9SX. It handled like a sport bike but the sitting position wasn't as compact. Wish I hadn't gotten rid of it. As I said I could really care what you ride as long as it has two wheels.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:08 PM
odzmaker
Rookie

Getting ready to put in a new water pump :/

Old 09-25-2016, 12:34 AM
chevelle68
Rookie

Got a new air filter housing from the junkyard to replace the original with broken ears. Zip ties worked good for a while but needed replacing. Replaced rear end gasket and oil. The amount of silicone used at assembly plant was impressive and a pain to take off. Oh yeah got a spare tire winch from the junkyard as well and replaced it.

Going to purchase a dash bezel soon so i can replace it and the radio at the same time. Bezel is cracked and radio volume button no longer works.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:17 AM
jsmith1969
Professional

Took the Ram for a drive last night and the dreaded p0305 code popped up. I had just done a full tuneup(and yes I follow the wire routing tsb) so looks like I'll be doing a compression test today after work.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:18 PM
lwiuff
Amateur

New upper and lower ball joints, new hub on driver's side (2nd one in two years - is that normal?) 4 new shocks, rotated the tires. I still need to adjust the bands and track down a weird thumping vibration that occurs while coasting at around 5-10 MPH.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:42 PM
bargeman
Professional

Realigned the front end by stretching some string down the side of the tires and adjusting. It runs true but my steering wheel is a tad off. Later on went and bought some 6x9s for the doors. The right one never worked. For the time being I have a 5x5 in its place.

Old 09-30-2016, 08:38 AM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Been driving it the past few days, really enjoy driving it. However, I'm leaking axle grease, transmission fluid, and my engine is burning a little antifreeze... Truck needs some attention.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:21 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Got an alignment the other day since getting HD installed. He put toe to nearly zero and caster at 3.6 and 4.0, driver/pass. Seems to track straighter but still has wander. So I'm hoping the last piece is the Redhead which I'll pick up today down there.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?