2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Brian in Tucson
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't done anything yet today. Yesterday, tho, I replaced the Output shaft speed sensor, got the last of the codes to disappear. This past week, I went to the Pull a Part and got a passengers side seat bottom cushion and replaced my shredded drivers side one, got a dash mat, and a seat belt buckle, and checked and topped off the fluids. In the past three or so weeks, I replaced a really seized engine with a nice freshly rebuilt one (5.2) same year and displacement 1998, replaced the motor mounts, plug wires, cap and rotor, and throttle body gaskets, and the little grommet that the trannie oil dipstick goes into. Also a new grill, and the plastics on the front bumper. All in 100* heat!

And, of course, a new set of tires.

Only paid $150 for the truck, a 98 Ram 1500 Laramie SLT Club Cab, and so far it's been a money pit. But it's come together nicely, runs like a dream (better than new, I think,) and Tuesday I'll have it smog checked and registered.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:01 PM
renardk764
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Replaced crankshaft and camshaft sensors. Changed oil and filter. Added some billet spark plug wire separators

Old 09-06-2016, 11:25 PM
98Ramboy
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Polished my chrome wheels! Workin on restoring this poor ol' Ram. There's a lot that has to be done....Check out my restoration thread though!

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...-i-m-back.html

Old 09-14-2016, 04:29 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Filled up the Ram today, got nearly 16.5MPG on that tank, could probably be hitting 17 if I buttoned up the front end....

Old 09-16-2016, 01:20 PM
jsmith1969
Professional

Have the day off so just changed plugs/wires/rotor/cap/oil and now going to fire up up the riding mower and drink beer and mow

Old 09-17-2016, 11:35 AM
Brian in Tucson
All Star

My $150 money pit has settled down and is just a great truck. Runs good, drives good, nice and quiet. The 5.2 isn't really quick, but it sure is smooth. Car-like ride and quietness.

Today, the Fedex man is bringing me a new Pioneer CD/AM/FM, with Bluetooth. I suspect it will be in and working before it gets dark tonight. Woo Hoo!

In the meantime, I'm changing a tire on my little Harley Sportster. (I know, it's a GIRLS bike!) It's a real money pit.

Old 09-18-2016, 07:11 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran

Originally Posted by Brian in Tucson

In the meantime, I'm changing a tire on my little Harley Sportster. (I know, it's a GIRLS bike!) It's a real money pit.

bull****.. its only a girls bike if you let jackasses call it that.. my sportster was one of the best bikes I ever owned and it did everything I wanted it to do for a LONG TIME, the main draw back was the 3 gallon tank..

Old 09-18-2016, 07:14 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran

took my truck for a drive yesterday for first time in 2 weeks again now have a funny rattling/buzzing noise which started, I can get it to be there constantly if I play with the gas pedal..

I have to get underneath and start hitting things with my fist, possibly cat heat shield

Old 09-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Picked up some new 6x9s and boxes to replace the ones stolen. Got them mounted and then adjusted toe again on the new HD steering. Trying my best to get it to work right.

Noticed rear main leaking again (replaced in May) and coolant leak out of what appears to be the oil pan gasket? Looked everywhere. Just a few drips down the oil pan and damper. What the. . . .?

With all this and the engine shake, bad brakes, and drivetrain vibration, I fear the end may be nearing.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:16 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian in Tucson
Hehehe, I love pulling the chain and watching guys get all bent out of shape. When I would try riding my ex wife Sporty I felt like I was riding a mini bike. I'm not a huge guy but her Sporty just seemed small under me. I have a touring bike now so I am use to a lot of bike. I have a Road Glide now but my first Harley was a Softtail Nightrain. Great bike too.
I really don't care what you ride to be honest. Just the fact that you ride is what matters.

Have a great day.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?