2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 05:34 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimythefan
I hope you get that sorted out quickly and hopefully something easier than the PCM.

The clear coat started peeling on my rear fender flares so I had them repainted along with my new taillights and 3rd brake/cargo light.

Damn that looks good.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:29 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

I know mines a 3rd gen but I got the 5.9….

but I didn’t necessarily do anything, but I bought brakes/rotors front and rear, rear axle seals and bearings, driveshaft u joints, both front upper control arms/ball joints, end links and bushings……with my discount cuz I work at a shop it was only a mere $630…….oh how the prices have skyrocketed

Old 08-06-2022, 02:29 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
I know mines a 3rd gen but I got the 5.9….

but I didn’t necessarily do anything, but I bought brakes/rotors front and rear, rear axle seals and bearings, driveshaft u joints, both front upper control arms/ball joints, end links and bushings……with my discount cuz I work at a shop it was only a mere $630…….oh how the prices have skyrocketed
that is true!

Old 08-07-2022, 10:38 AM
1997DodgeRam
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake hard lines

Pushed the brake pedal to the floor and realized I had blown a hard line. Rust through on drivers side by the front wheel. Probably time to replace them all to be safe. Hard lines are the last original brake components I have so can’t be shocked at 25 years. Luckily, I was still in the driveway so the near complete loss of brakes was not a big deal

Old 08-07-2022, 02:18 PM
Adobedude
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 08-07-2022, 03:38 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Adobedude

Sure looks good, custom bumper?
Thank you. It a fusion bumper.

Old 08-24-2022, 06:16 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

Again yes mines a third gen. But here’s what I did after work last night

-welded my cracked exhaust
-replace both front upper controls arms with ball joints
-new front pads, rotors, and calipers
-oil change

but then I ordered new pinion seal, rear calipers as I already have pads and rotors waiting to go on, rear axle seals, thermostat gasket cuz mines seeping, harmonic balancer, and rear u joint…..maybe I’ll get that stuff done tonight

Old 08-27-2022, 08:26 PM
pershingd
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey everyone. I've been lurking a bit and haven't posted, but I'm still here. The Ram has been sitting more than it's been running due to gas prices and it cost me another battery because I let it sit too long after the battery went dead. The last time I had it out, I hauled a parts truck home for one of my projects and had a pretty hard miss at a certain RPM range under load (escapes me at the moment what it was) which would get better once the rpms came up a bit more. The last time I had a tow vehicle do that it turned out to be bad coils so I went picking and picked up some relatively new coil packs to install. I also picked up a new battery (3rd one since I got it) and had the alternator tested. I'm hoping the battery was just from not driving it, but it never hurts to have things checked. I'm also going to be watching the voltages at the battery and what the ECM is seeing just to make sure those are consistent. Once it's running again, I'm going to have to spend quite a bit of elbow grease just to get it looking nice again.

Old 08-27-2022, 09:55 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

So I’m in process of buying a house and I moved my parts truck from my house to my shop….broken frame, no air cleaner assembly, no belt, no radiator, hasn’t been started in a year, throttle body flaps were seized, and had to free them up…..hooked a booster pack to it she fired right up, great oil pressure, slapped her in 4x4 and drove it on trailer without issue….had to reverse to drive a few times because the brakes are rusted solid….got to shop, she fired up without booster, and has no belt so alternator isn’t charging, but I drove her off and parked her in the back 40….

same thing as my truck except it’s a short bed, and she has only 146k miles, clean title she cost me $400…..love having a running driving parts truck….but when I close on my house Wednesday I’m bringing her to my new house and pulling engine for a full build to put in my current one I’m driving now

Old 08-28-2022, 01:31 PM
pershingd
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to hear the parts truck fired right up - nothing better than driving them where you want them. None of my project trucks have engines in them at the moment so I'm going to have to drag them around where they need to be so I can get going on them.

The weather wasn't looking too cooperative here so I got on the ball this morning and got the Ram put back together before the thunder started rolling. Like your truck, it fired right off and ran pretty good considering it was last filled up before the gas prices surged. I won't know if my misfire under load is better quite yet, but I think swapping in fresher coil packs was worth the time and effort. It idles smoother and is much more responsive than it was the last time I drove it, but it's hard to say it was the battery or better coils.

Now I just need to check the tire pressures and spend the better part of an afternoon giving it a good bath...

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?