2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I filled mine up with a tank of supreme today... ouch It was pingin like a **** this mornin, so I thought i'd give er some good stuff again... Took about 10 km down the road and it was purrin like a kitten again(well, roarin like a lion maybe ). I couldn't beleive the difference the supreme makes in it when it's pingin bad.... It's just like a woman, high maintenance and likes the pricey things lol... like the sayin goes, 'if it's got **** or tires, it's gonna cost ya money'

oh, and I pulled the airbox off dad's truck tonight, surprise surprise, guess whats in there? I think he wants me to get my plenum fixed and then do his... maybe I'll have an extra set of hands for the job though....

Old 04-08-2010, 07:48 PM
InTheDirt
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, I used it to haul my kid's new atv and my new camptrailer home! With a bike for me, a minibike for my son, a mini-atv for my daughter, and the trailer for my wife......

.......I do believe we're ready for summer!

Old 04-08-2010, 08:15 PM
rwisaacks
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by InTheDirt
well, I used it to haul my kid's new atv and my new camptrailer home! With a bike for me, a minibike for my son, a mini-atv for my daughter, and the trailer for my wife......

.......I do believe we're ready for summer!
Sounds good....I love going family camping

Old 04-08-2010, 08:20 PM
sdbolts583

New gears (4.11) & bearings
New rear shocks (rancho)
pitman & idler arm replaced
new interstate battery and air filter

Tomorrow....muffler for sound only...flowmaster, magnaflow, glasspack...not sure yet.

Soon....front lights replaced....

Old 04-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 004x41500
If thats the case with the keyways, Couldnt I just take the t-chain off where it is when get down to it? as long as i dont rotate the cam or crank, itll be the exactly the same as if i hadnt replaced it?

or should i still make the notches line up?

"
INSTALLATION
(1) Place both camshaft sprocket and crankshaft
sprocket on the bench with timing marks on exact
imaginary center line through both camshaft and
crankshaft bores.
(2) Place timing chain around both sprockets.
(3) Turn crankshaft and camshaft to line up with
keyway location in crankshaft sprocket and in camshaft
sprocket.
" -01 Ram FSM

What does it mean by step 3 of installation?

can anyone clarify this?

wouldnt the replacement go on the exact same way? or am i missing something here?
I think that is referring to if you install a new camshaft. If you pull the original sprockets off and put the new ones on without rotating the cam or crank then it should be fine to do it with them where they are.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:34 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Changed the Oil and Trans Fluid/Filter, and ran a compression check 125-135 psi across all 8cyl. But, Uh Oh, Metal shavings in the trans pan! Seems to have gained some sort of power but every vehicle I've killed runs great before it dies... Still have another trip to Illinois coming up. Let's see how that goes.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:15 PM
whiteramoffoad

debadged the ram with just a razorblade,string,goo gone, and a bunch or arm pump

Old 04-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Relex
Veteran

Broke the drivers side tie rod end yesterday going down this back road to go ride my dirt bike. Took two hours to get a tow down to my friends house and he picked me up a tie rod end when he was in town. It actually wasn't bad, the tow was free because of my extended warranty.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Relex
Veteran

Originally Posted by whiteramoffoad
debadged the ram with just a razorblade,string,goo gone, and a bunch or arm pump
If you plan on doing anymore taking off of stickers or badges, checkout those eraser wheels. I saw someone post about them on here a few months ago so I bought one online for something like $12 and it was the greatest.

I took off the black strip on my tailgate and the double sided tape left marks and I couldn't get it off. I tried goo gone, gas and lighter fluid with no luck. Got that wheel and had it done within 10mins.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:38 PM
whiteramoffoad

$5>$22 lol i put alot of thaught into the eraser wheel but just didnt feel like spending a bunch of money

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?