2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 02:39 PM
tneville
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My neighbor just gave me a 102 inch antenna for a cb today so i decided to get a radio for it. Went to the truck stop and got a cobra, came home and put it in. Not a second later it starts raining. I guess ill mount the antenna tomorrow. Here is a pic
Name:  mimgtemp.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  29.4 KB

Old 08-09-2010, 02:59 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Found the Realtree Harwoods Fabric at "Fields Fabric" $12.95 per yd. Got 6 yds. Overkill but the camo options are endless! Maybe I'll Get the dog all camo'd out while the fiance is at work... She'd kill me. But then again, how would she find me! HAHAA

Old 08-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I spent the weekend cleaning mine again, but a good cleaning this time .... Spent all afternoon one day washing the outside, including pressure washing the underside and taking a layer of grime off the bottom side of my hood and the engine bay, hittin my rollbar and all chrome with SOS pads and then some crazy chrome polish my dad gets for his trucks, and applying several coats of protectant to all the trim pieces, the bumper covers, mirrors, tailgate trim, body moulding, all of it. On a related note, what's the best way to bring the trim back to a nice black shine? Front bumper cover particularly, it's normally a sun faded gray but it looks badass after I laid the protectant to it, about 5 times lol... I have some Simoniz stuff atm, and Black Magic stuff too somewhere here. I seldom ever use Armor All for the last 10 years...

then I spent all afternoon the next day doing the inside. Gave er an extensive vacuuming and cleaning before applying more layers of protectant to the dash and all interior trim, even my seat mounts lol... I ended up using my bare hand to get a good coat of it on the dash, it kept dryin up or something.... Oh well she shines good in there for now anyways...

Oh, I also started some wetsanding on my scoops, they are covered in baked-on mud and water spots and they look and feel like sandpaper haha... I should have done this after I had painted them but I was scurred I would mess up the paint haha... I'm using 2000 grit and lots of water, it's quite a bit of work but they'll look better in the end. I can kinda almost see reflections in the pass side one now, they haven't shined since I put em on there. After sanding I'll try to spray some more clear on them

I'll get some pics up soon

Old 08-09-2010, 05:21 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by Maxx_Magnum
I ended up using my bare hand to get a good coat of it on the dash, it kept dryin up or something.... Oh well she shines good in there for now anyways...
I have a grey interior and dash, you may have a different color. When I coat the dash with good old shiny stuff I get a terrible reflection in the windshield. Sometimes to the point where it's impossible to see the road. Maybe a dash cover is in order...

Old 08-10-2010, 10:50 AM
wade0323

well.... ill just say that she is all nice and pretty now, after about 6 hours of cleaning and polishing.... my arms hurt!

Old 08-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Poked at it with a multimeter.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hows that electrical problem comin sheriff? Has it come back yet since you cleaned your posts?

edit: nvm I see your thread back up

Old 08-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seems fine, I'm gonna drive it tomorrow and see if it's ok. I don't want to drive it to work in case it does die.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:58 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

As long as it doesnt kill you, its fine.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:38 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Looking into window tint on the front windows, may go with 20% but not sure.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?