2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 05:15 PM
2k10HemiRam
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed my Fastman TB today, god it feels good finally getting to work on my truck again. I've only been waiting to do stuff to it for 2 years now. Can't wait until I can order all the other parts I want and put her down for a weekend and finally install the Hughes FI airgap I've hald for a week now...

Old 04-10-2010, 09:30 PM
hemiprostock
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Ram today

Installed the Hughes Engines Plenum plate and new intake manifold gaskets. Piece of gasket missing on old plate sucking oil into intake. If you don't have one of these kits, get one.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:38 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Well, seems the folks that 'fixed' my front axle engagement ( I wanted 4x4 to work before I would actually buy the truck) broke one of the bolts that holds the actuator to the axle... I discovered this when I noticed a puddle of gear lube under the front axle... so, figuring I would just reseal it, took it off.... thought the bolt was merely missing, but no, they broke one of the bottom bolts off.... Lube was nasty, so, pulled the diff cover, drained it all out, resealed everything best I could, and put it back together. Doesn't seem to be leaking at the moment.... but, sunday is shop day for me, so, part of the plan is to get the broken bolt out, and fix it right.

Did the steering box adjustment today as well. That made a BIG difference in how the truck drives, but, I suspect I have it a tad too tight, so, will back it off a quarter turn tomorrow as well.

Brakes are on the agenda as well. In fact, that is the top priority. Got a nasty vibration when I step on the brakes. Need to make that go away.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:42 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Well, seems the folks that 'fixed' my front axle engagement ( I wanted 4x4 to work before I would actually buy the truck) broke one of the bolts that holds the actuator to the axle... I discovered this when I noticed a puddle of gear lube under the front axle... so, figuring I would just reseal it, took it off.... thought the bolt was merely missing, but no, they broke one of the bottom bolts off.... Lube was nasty, so, pulled the diff cover, drained it all out, resealed everything best I could, and put it back together. Doesn't seem to be leaking at the moment.... but, sunday is shop day for me, so, part of the plan is to get the broken bolt out, and fix it right.

Did the steering box adjustment today as well. That made a BIG difference in how the truck drives, but, I suspect I have it a tad too tight, so, will back it off a quarter turn tomorrow as well.

Brakes are on the agenda as well. In fact, that is the top priority. Got a nasty vibration when I step on the brakes. Need to make that go away.
I did that when doing my axle seals, luckily had enough left of the bolt to grab it with som vise gripas and heat the case to back it out. Scared the hell outa me though.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:10 PM
smitty9306

Hi All. I Changed all sway bar links and bushings. Drained and Refilled Transfer Case, And replaced passenger side Tie rod. Next Weekend I'm going to replace drivers side tie rod end and do a transmission and engine fluid and filter change.
Jon

Old 04-11-2010, 07:40 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

put in my halo headlights today, spent like 5 hours on it wondering why the one side was so dim, found out it was my fuse !! must have been driveing like that for a couple years . now doing finishing up the tailgate will have pics soon !

Old 04-11-2010, 09:43 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Name:  downsized_0411001435a.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  21.2 KB

70,000 on my 95

Old 04-11-2010, 10:17 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeram07

70,000 on my 95
nice truck !! thats some low milage for a truck look great !

Old 04-11-2010, 10:22 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

i'll be posting a pic of 100,000 pretty soon here, only about 70 miles to go...the ol' girl only had 67,000 when i bought her....3.25 years ago...

....damn i'm gonna miss this truck when i sell it this summer...it was my first set of wheels....

Old 04-12-2010, 02:17 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Finally got the trans cooler line put in. Turns out they changed the fitting at the trans and the new line didn't work without the adapter. (DEALERSHIP PART) $6. Napa or anyone else for that matter should offer it considering they sell the line. But no, they don't. Rode my Bike 10 miles to the dealership and got it this morning. The nice thing is the new line comes with a welded bung for a temp gauge.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?