2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
Went outside to get my smokes out of the Dodge and noticed the nieghbor kid, (I think I'm his hero or somethin) coming toward the house. I just had my windows tinted 17% so I just sat and watched as he went to the door and walked away after nobody answered. HILARIOUS! I will use this to my advantage more often!
a buddy who I used to work with has a regular cab gm truck with 5% all around. We used to sit in that thing all damned day and no one could see us whatsoever great way to get out of working for a while hahaha

Old 08-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxx_Magnum
a buddy who I used to work with has a regular cab gm truck with 5% all around. We used to sit in that thing all damned day and no one could see us whatsoever great way to get out of working for a while hahaha
Just sitting, eh? Riiiiiggghhhhht.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:25 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think I found the problem! EGR gasket was re-used when I did the plenum. Pulled the EGR and cleaned the snot out of it, replaced the gasket and used some penitrating oil to lube it a little. (Dodge Tech Tip) Ran a little seafoam, not much smoke so I can only assume it's clean as a whistle in there. Running ALOT better, just have to fill'er up and ready to head to IL sometime this week. It's a Good Day

Old 08-16-2010, 09:14 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

well i found a fix for the a/c draining into the cab of our trucks. it only costs ~$5

get a foot of 19/32 heater hose from your local parts store, and a hose clamp, and on the firewall where the a/c drain is, slip the hose with hose clamp over it, and tighten her up.

ill post pics tommorow. mods, feel free to put this in the DIY section

Old 08-16-2010, 09:17 PM
SplatSTi
Professional

Found a bad vacuum hose on the front of the TB. Its about 2 inches long, autozone cut me a piece for free. From what I can tell my TB is filthy so Im going to take it off tomorrow and clean the crap out of it. After reading mnewbolds post, I think that may be an issue as well, but I dont have a hissing noise, but Im not sure.

My symptoms:

Starts ok, go for a run, it stalls as soon as I take it off the gas, but not all the time. Idle drops to 500 and then even goes lower sometimes. At first I was thinking pre cat O2 sensor, but now Im not sure. Ive been doing alot of reading in searches from the site and hell it could be anything from plugs and wires to vacuum to IAC to TPS to etc etc. Hopefully I will sort it out soon.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:27 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SplatSTi
Found a bad vacuum hose on the front of the TB. Its about 2 inches long, autozone cut me a piece for free. From what I can tell my TB is filthy so Im going to take it off tomorrow and clean the crap out of it. After reading mnewbolds post, I think that may be an issue as well, but I dont have a hissing noise, but Im not sure.

My symptoms:

Starts ok, go for a run, it stalls as soon as I take it off the gas, but not all the time. Idle drops to 500 and then even goes lower sometimes. At first I was thinking pre cat O2 sensor, but now Im not sure. Ive been doing alot of reading in searches from the site and hell it could be anything from plugs and wires to vacuum to IAC to TPS to etc etc. Hopefully I will sort it out soon.
clean you IAC on the back of the throttle body while your at it, prob a sea foam treatment threw the brake booster would prob heplp clean it up if it sat for a bit

Old 08-16-2010, 09:33 PM
1997DodgeRam
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SplatSTi

My symptoms:

Like you say many causes but check that throttle body if you think it is the IAC. WHen my IAC crapped out I changed it and it went again about 1 year later. Next time I did it right and cleaned the filthy throttle body which IMO caused the second IAC to go to an early grave. So far another 1.5 years on the 3rd IAC so far so good.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:00 PM
SplatSTi
Professional

Check it out, somehow I got this in the house and now the mrs is screaming like a little girl.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome. Did you name it yet?

Old 08-16-2010, 10:15 PM
SplatSTi
Professional

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
Awesome. Did you name it yet?
No the Mrs wouldnt come downstairs while it was in the house so I put it outside.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?