2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 10:51 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put my MOPAR window sticker on the back window.
Forgot about that, should add about 100+ extra horsepower since its a MOPAR brand sticker!

Old 10-06-2010, 12:51 AM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mnewbolds dont see how a remote start is any different from starting your truck manually and letting it sit in park, if its just because you get in the truck and throw it in gear and go its the same as starting the truck and driving right away which most people do

Old 10-06-2010, 02:55 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Which techincally your suppose to let engines warm up a little which not many people do. I know I don't, don't got time for that **** most of the time.

lastrights let me know how you like it. I need to get one of those

Old 10-06-2010, 07:42 AM
mnewbolds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By no means do I ever "start and go" but letting it idle for long periods of time can cause long term damage to the trans. That's why I let mine warm up in nuetral like I said before. People just tend to make it habbit to remote start and forget or lose track of time and the whole time your trans is running dry because it doesn't pump fluid in park. Just my Opinion, that's all.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got the rear main cap reinstalled with sealant in the appropriate spots. After a degree of thought and analysis I determined my oil pan gasket was badly chewed up, hence the issues with the engine constantly streaming/spewing/pissing oil. All that work on the rear main for naught! I'll get a new oil pan gasket.

Still waiting for my replacement starter parts to arrive so I can reassemble the starter and install it.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:59 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
By no means do I ever "start and go" but letting it idle for long periods of time can cause long term damage to the trans. That's why I let mine warm up in nuetral like I said before. People just tend to make it habbit to remote start and forget or lose track of time and the whole time your trans is running dry because it doesn't pump fluid in park. Just my Opinion, that's all.
Might be a question for montec. I kinda don't see how the tranny is "running" dry. If it's in park nothing should be moving.

Emergency vehicles sit for hours on end in park at times and I've never heard of an issue

Old 10-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2
Might be a question for montec. I kinda don't see how the tranny is "running" dry. If it's in park nothing should be moving.

Emergency vehicles sit for hours on end in park at times and I've never heard of an issue

Agreed. mnewbolds, where did you come up with that idea? You're spreading dis-information based on an invalid opinion.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:02 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not going to argue with anyone about it... I was simply making a note of it to the fella that wanted to install his remote start. If you check the trans level in park the level is above the "max" on the stick. Dodge requires that you have the vehicle in nuetral to check the fluid, where would the rest of the fluid go? Just piecing things togather. So do me a favor and give it no further thought and do what you wish. Sorry I added my 2cents on an open forum....

Old 10-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Gary-L
Legend

I'm not going to argue with anyone about it... I was simply making a note of it to the fella that wanted to install his remote start. If you check the trans level in park the level is above the "max" on the stick. Dodge requires that you have the vehicle in nuetral to check the fluid, where would the rest of the fluid go? Just piecing things togather. So do me a favor and give it no further thought and do what you wish. Sorry I added my 2cents on an open forum....

Yes, check the fluid in neutral, but the vehicle can idle in park and not burn up the transmission. Don't get all butt-hurt if you are corrected on an invalid ASSumption.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lefthanded cigarette, anyone??

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?