2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 05:25 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
If I do end up doing the timing cover, gonna replace the water pump, and timing set as well. What the hell.
You might want to get the dammit hose, too, while you're there. Then you can know you're not going in there again for a good long time.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:09 PM
KY BIGRAM
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
didnt really do anything to the truck except run out of gas in the driveway lol (my guage is stuck on full still)....

BUT i got a nice dodge sticker yesterday that i put on my back window (its a black and chrome dodge emblum / "Dodge" letters...

Also my fiancee bought me a new Dodge hat.....my old one is covered in paint due to my old job, so she bought me an early x-mas gift and gave me the hat....its awesome....its camo colored, with the dodge emblum and says 'RAM' on it.....cant beat it.
Does it resemble my sig pic? Love my hat,

Old 11-30-2010, 03:29 AM
97ramlv
Rookie

Washed it then put on the rain x stuff and put 30 bucks in the tank only got me 10.173 gallons.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:25 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,189 Likes on 2,942 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
You might want to get the dammit hose, too, while you're there. Then you can know you're not going in there again for a good long time.
Replaced that a couple weeks ago, when I did the intake swap.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:33 PM
jzyg

I did plugs. uggh! But it feels good.

Mine were still original with 85k on her (04 QC 5.7 4x4). I got her with 80k about 2 1/2 months ago and just this week noticed hesitation one day and she died one time at a stop light the next day. No more delay, time do the plugs. I read alot and was prepared. Took a while, but I got 'er done and she runs great now. I used NGK 5306, gapped at .045 like on the sticker on the underside of the hood, with anti-sieze and dielectric grease. I started on the drivers side front to back then passenger side, front to back, one at a time. I labeled them as they came out so I could analyze. I may post picks. They weren't too bad considering how long they were in there. I would be ok with changing them at 50-60k instead of 30k. I am getting old and it was a little rough on my body cause I am feeling it this morning :-)

Old 11-30-2010, 04:46 PM
ferguson30
Rookie

Originally Posted by jzyg
I did plugs. uggh! But it feels good.

Mine were still original with 85k on her (04 QC 5.7 4x4). I got her with 80k about 2 1/2 months ago and just this week noticed hesitation one day and she died one time at a stop light the next day. No more delay, time do the plugs. I read alot and was prepared. Took a while, but I got 'er done and she runs great now. I used NGK 5306, gapped at .045 like on the sticker on the underside of the hood, with anti-sieze and dielectric grease. I started on the drivers side front to back then passenger side, front to back, one at a time. I labeled them as they came out so I could analyze. I may post picks. They weren't too bad considering how long they were in there. I would be ok with changing them at 50-60k instead of 30k. I am getting old and it was a little rough on my body cause I am feeling it this morning :-)
Can't feel as bad as I did when I just finished changing the plugs on my wife's van. v-6 in a pontiac montana. I knew I was in for trouble when the first step was unhooking the engine mounts to allow the motor to rotate forward to have clearance to the rear plugs. It took 4 hours to change 6 plugs and wires. Actually it was probably half an hour for the front three plugs, and 3 1/2 hours for the 3 rear plugs.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:53 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by jzyg
I am getting old and it was a little rough on my body cause I am feeling it this morning :-)
I can relate! I did my 100,000 mile tune-up about a month ago and came away bruised and sore. I'd considered trying to get my eldest grandson to crawl up there to swap the distributor cap and rotor, but he skedaddled when he realized what I was up to.

I highly recommend getting a tire step to make working on the engine easier. Using mine, the plugs were easy to reach -- it was only the distributor that caused misery.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,189 Likes on 2,942 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
I can relate! I did my 100,000 mile tune-up about a month ago and came away bruised and sore. I'd considered trying to get my eldest grandson to crawl up there to swap the distributor cap and rotor, but he skedaddled when he realized what I was up to.

I highly recommend getting a tire step to make working on the engine easier. Using mine, the plugs were easy to reach -- it was only the distributor that caused misery.
I took a page out of another posters book here.... took off the air cleaner, slapped a piece of plywood down, and laid on that. It was actually comfortable.....

Old 11-30-2010, 08:35 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I took a page out of another posters book here.... took off the air cleaner, slapped a piece of plywood down, and laid on that. It was actually comfortable.....
I'd considered doing that and talked myself out of it. I won't be making that mistake again!

Old 11-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Ralpho
Amateur

I put an Arraid intake filter and dash mate and a set of tough mates.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?