2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:12 PM
seaham358
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up a Duralast from AZ.. $115.. What happened to the $60 batteries??
I'm glad it was an easy fix. Installed the battery and took a ride around the block.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:49 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

I'm attending a show that benefits the Cancer Sucks foundation tomorrow. So it's been clean and polish and paint the truck today.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:56 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by seaham358
Picked up a Duralast from AZ.. $115.. What happened to the $60 batteries??
you could probably get a good battery at a junk yard for cheaper. my local junk yard only charges about $20 per battery and they are usually real good batteries. the battery i bought for my 81 from the junk yard works way better than the one i had in it.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:04 PM
knoxy
Rookie

Fixed drivers window. One of the bottom clips came off and the window dropped inside the door. Took it out, put some gorilla glue in the clip, stuck it back on the window, & let it set up over night. Put it back in the door, hit the switch & it rolled up again!

Old 07-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Ram4x45.9

1997 ram 2500 5.9 gas 46 re tranny.
Put superior shift kit in an sonnax intermediate servo an 3-4 accumulator piston.
Dont waste your money didnt help.
The only thing needs change is 3-4 accumulator cause its plastic and manual valve and throttle valve.I did the modification to the throttle valve in the superior shift kit
but didnt help.The only prob i have is shifts back to second from 3rd (too sensitive)
when it shouldn't.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Ram4x45.9

Tell us about the tranny probs youv'e had an what you did about them.
Lets make this forum usefull!

Old 07-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Ralpho
Amateur

I guess its time to sell my 1500 4x4 4dr sport Ram due to the ac quit and trans is leaking and starting to act up. Can't afford to fix it.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:26 PM
wilfite
Rookie
Default Finally have my summer back!

Stayed up till 2 last night finishing replacing the heater core and cracked dash. Of course, after I pulled the dash all apart I found there were a couple of other approaches I could have taken that would have taken a couple hours less time (Doh!).

I now have a working, non-smelly heater and dash that doesn't rattle like a pair of Maraccas! This was the last in a big series of projects. I'll be incredibly glad now to reclaim my summer, thanks very much.

Projects done in the last two months:
-New front shocks
-New Tie-rods, replaced everything except Pitman arm and steering box. Steering box is a bit loose and I couldn't get the adjustment screw to break loose to adjust it, but I can live with it. It's not too bad.
-Alignment (rough)
-Plenum Fix with plate, this was a big project and I broke one of the intake bolts off. Was doing fine drilling it out until the screw extractor BROKE in the hole. It seems nigh impossible to drill through one of these, so I took a risk and put it all back together without that bolt. No leaks so far.
-New plugs
-Heater core replacement
-Cracked dash replacement, had an extra dash that came with the truck. Probably a junk yard dash.
-Replace Auxiliary backup lights. Old ones installed upside down and filled with dirty water. Not good for electrical connects and reflective surfaces...
-Replace bulbs in off-road driving lights. Not as easy as it sounds.
-Probably a hand-full of other things I'm forgetting.

One thing left to do, replace the AC condensor but no hurry. The one on the truck doesn't leak (though it's a miracle it doesn't!) but has a huge crease from a deer impact last year. I've had a new one sitting next to my desk for a while.

Phew!

Still need to pass emissions to get tags renewed, but should pass ok now that there's a good Plenum seal.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:30 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rode 1100 mi round trip from home to Kansas City and back in two days in my dad's truck.
(2002 Ram 1500 4.7)
Got 18 MPG on the way up there, 12.5 on the way back towing a U-haul that weighs prolly around 4500 lbs right now.
BTW, you people from OK, you're roads suck ***. At least the highway we were on.
One thing I did love though: NO ETHANOL!!!! WOOT!!
Some of those foothills in OK were a nightmare.

Soo, I get to be on the road again today, gotta take the load to its final location, drop it off, get rid of the U-haul, go back to homebase, pick up my dad's trailer, then head off to Dallas to pick up another something.

His truck will need work after this.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:43 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put the updated spectre plenum in, got my WOT back and get to use 4500 and up now, this might get me into some trouble

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?