2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 06:52 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by renardk764
Replaced ball joints. What a pain in the ###. Those rivets were tough. Also installed a two inch leveling kit. Lookin much better. Discovered she needs tie rod ends. Gotta wait till Wednesday for pay day. then change those and get her aligned.
Pics?!

Old 09-08-2012, 09:00 PM
renardk764
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EndIsNear
Pics?!
Coming soon. Waiting for the wife to get off the puter.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:18 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

hopefully installing my new autolite 3923's tomorrow. have a job interview on tuesday! so hopefully ill get the job, then i can start throwing "go fast" goodies at her again!

hopefully ill be picking up my new axles within a week or so, d60 front, and a d70 rear. 250 for the set! they have 3.55's which is good, because im only going to swap in the front for now. d70 has a lsd in it too!

Old 09-08-2012, 09:28 PM
1997DodgeRam
Professional

Changed the trans filter since I had to drop the pan so I could replace the gasket and hopefully stop leaking on the driveway.

I haven't had the pan down in a long time, like a 100K miles so I was pretty pleased with the contents of the pan. Some very fine shavings on the magnet but only piece of any subsance at all looked like about a third of a staple.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:35 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
hopefully installing my new autolite 3923's tomorrow. have a job interview on tuesday! so hopefully ill get the job, then i can start throwing "go fast" goodies at her again!

hopefully ill be picking up my new axles within a week or so, d60 front, and a d70 rear. 250 for the set! they have 3.55's which is good, because im only going to swap in the front for now. d70 has a lsd in it too!
Good Luck on the interview!

Old 09-08-2012, 11:32 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou

+1 on the interview...

Old 09-09-2012, 07:56 AM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Originally Posted by gdstock
+1 on the interview...
thanks guys!

little back story on it. both my buddy, and i applied at the same place, on the same day.

he just got home for being honorably discharged from the army. he called the place the next day after returning the app, and got an interview for monday. i called right after, and told me that he was going to look over my app and call me monday(meaning he wasnt interested). called back yesterday and said i was interested in the job, and got an interview for tuesday!

kinda put me in a foul mood when i didnt get an interview right away... i dont like how they automatically pull military status, over the average joe(no offense to any military personnel here)

i have experience with where we applied from a former job, where he has no experience....

just hoping i get the job. its less than 2 miles from my house so i wont be using much gas. i just hope come winter, they will be understanding when it comes to my 2nd job(snow removal)

Old 09-09-2012, 10:09 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
thanks guys!

little back story on it. both my buddy, and i applied at the same place, on the same day.

he just got home for being honorably discharged from the army. he called the place the next day after returning the app, and got an interview for monday. i called right after, and told me that he was going to look over my app and call me monday(meaning he wasnt interested). called back yesterday and said i was interested in the job, and got an interview for tuesday!

kinda put me in a foul mood when i didnt get an interview right away... i dont like how they automatically pull military status, over the average joe(no offense to any military personnel here)

i have experience with where we applied from a former job, where he has no experience....

just hoping i get the job. its less than 2 miles from my house so i wont be using much gas. i just hope come winter, they will be understanding when it comes to my 2nd job(snow removal)
With all due respect and sincere wishes for the best of luck, that is EXACTLY how it should be. It doesn't guarantee that a veteran will get the job ahead of someone more qualified, it means they are being given a chance. After the Vietnam War, veterans were shunned and if someone dared mention they served in the military, they were automatically disqualified. Our country was really, really f'ed up. I thank God our vets are are now being given some respect. Too many Vietnam vets were driven into the streets and suicide because of what we did to them.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have to concur with this completely. Support the troops completely.

Originally Posted by mantisman51
With all due respect and sincere wishes for the best of luck, that is EXACTLY how it should be. It doesn't guarantee that a veteran will get the job ahead of someone more qualified, it means they are being given a chance. After the Vietnam War, veterans were shunned and if someone dared mention they served in the military, they were automatically disqualified. Our country was really, really f'ed up. I thank God our vets are are now being given some respect. Too many Vietnam vets were driven into the streets and suicide because of what we did to them.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:35 PM
MatthewEdwards
Default Transmission Service

This will be the first trans service the truck has had as far as i know.
Shifts fine.
Just crackin 85,000 miles so i decided it is about time.

So today I will make a new oil stain in the driveway where my 2000 Dakota 4.7 is parked.

WHY CAN'T ENGINEERS PUT A STINKIN' DRAiN PLUG ON A TRANSMISSION PAN?!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?