2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Altering cam timing moves the power band around. Some cams are ground with advance/retard already included... so, watch what ya get for a cam, and use the manufacturers recommendations on timing.
Ah I see. I think for now I won't mess with timing till I know more about it and get comfortable messing around w/ timing but thanks for the info!

Old 01-19-2013, 04:15 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnn123
Hit a telephone pole with it. Damn black ice. Pics after work
that sucks especially since you just spent all that money on it. i know the other day it was so cold water was freezing on my window as it was running down my window. made me wonder where the water came from?

Old 01-19-2013, 04:26 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I backed into a log the other day while working firewood, and just realized today that I dented my bumper. Minor dent, not worth fooling with.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
that sucks especially since you just spent all that money on it. i know the other day it was so cold water was freezing on my window as it was running down my window. made me wonder where the water came from?
I found it ironic because an hour before I had just finished cussing life out for some other personal stuff thats been happenin. Oh well just another thing to my list. Pissin rain out so pics tmo. On a side note, high flow cat sounds awesome ! Its so loud now

Old 01-19-2013, 06:17 PM
gsp hauler

truck was running pretty rough, miss firing and has a rapid violent shake when I try to hold a cruising speed. Pulled o2 sensor to see if that made a difference, it didn't. Checked wires on the distributor cap, they weren't routed right! What a difference right firing order makes. No more back fire, truck still wanted to shake a little at a cruising speed, but not as violent and rapid as before, can barely feel it.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
The bed was loaded with wet snow, so no wood in the back.

So are passing smog test with the factory kegger then going back to the M1, or selling it?
Oh yeah. Forgot you'd have wet snow. In CO it was much lighter and I'd have to add. Good work man.

Yeah just for smog then swap M1 back. I'm going to see what kind of numbers with this setup using my Torque App.

I had purchased a new coolant temp sensor from Napa and put it into the keg to minimize time. Came to find out it was a bad one. Started this morning and instead of needle at the bottom mark, it shot up to like 150F.

Swapped the original back in and all is pie. Real PITA to get back there though. Fortunately, just yanking the alternator helps.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:37 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Dropped off a battery charger at my sister's house.
Put gas in it.
Put gas in the battery charger? What on earth... Nah, I'm just kidding! I did have to read that twice.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Motorizer
Professional

Well about a year ago painted the chrome mirrors black and well it started chipping so today I sanded it back down to chrome. scuffed it up some more and shot some bed liner over it to match my front and rear bumper. Only used one cost of bed liner on both bumpers and after a year it still looks new. I put about 5 coats on the stock chrome mirrors. Looks much better. Pulled the vents, locks, the little cubby thing in the door panel. Scuffed them up, shot a couple coats of primer. Tomorrow I will be painting it all red. To keep up with my black and red theme. Everything is looking good.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:46 AM
new2m0par#
Amateur

Used it as a bulldozer to help clear a fence line. Then my neighbor got his tractor stuck, so the old budget RAM came to the rescue and pulled him out. I still haven't put my front driveshaft in from the transfer case swapout, so I pulled him out in 2 wheel mode. It was awesome to rub it in his face, lol.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Jigabop
Champion

adjusted the timing amount, curve, and fueling/timing curves relative to boost...truck runs even better now

dropped my EGTs and going to get the benefits of increased timing without the surging in the upper RPM range.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?