2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 04:49 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by merc225hp
There out there used, just have to hunt on the web for them.
That's true. But you know that even used they're going for more than they were new.

Or at least they will be at some point.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by Johnn123
Clean driving record, and I'm 20. Just the norm around here Another 5 years before it drops too... Theres a reason its not on the road LOL.

edit: How the hell do you have no tickets and a built cummins like that??
I was there once too...cost me like $300/month to insure my 94 Z28 camaro about 10 years ago...

Easy...I don't speed! just cause it CAN go fast doesn't mean I need to drive it 20 over the speed limit.

it's a toy. I sometimes accelerate hard on freeway on-ramps, but then I get on the freeway and set cruise control.

another reason is it is a big plain jane looking truck from the outside...nothing done externally to make it flashy or draw attention. looks like an overgrown slow truck. under the hood is a different story, but I don't advertise on the outside whats under the hood... don't need parts getting ripped off or need to draw attention to it.

cops look for ricers and muscle cars, and suv's..the don't look for full size pickup trucks when catching speeders.

funny thing though: I bombed past a cop sitting on the shoulder accelerating hard and rolling coal and the cop saw me and just shook his head...probably thinking "f'in rednecks..."

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
You're 30?? Dayuuuummmmm. Old man!

Originally Posted by techjockey
Cumminsforum never works for me. Lol. Logs me out every 5 minutes. Probably my problem though. MAybe it's because I don't have a cummins... (Yikes!)

That's why I'm over at Mopar1973Mans forum for everything Cummins.

I'm 17.8 and 0 tickets and 0 accidents.

As far as a 5.2 goes, mine is a turd for acceleration too, and it's got some nice extras on it too. The NV4500 gearing isn't quite right for 3.55s IMO, or maybe where my power bands are with 3.55s. My 5.2 will hold speeds up a hill like no other though even when towing, acceleration is a bit hard.

I'm suspicious mine is a fueling issue related to the carb, gotta rebuild it and re jet it and get the right combination of parts in it. Then we will see how much better it can smoke tires.
that's why you check the little box that says "remember me" and it never logs you out.

damn you're a young lil whipper snapper.

the cummins doesn't know what a hill is...even 16% grade I don't have to downshift...turbos just push more boost to maintain speed and rpm. and If I really wanted I just put the pedal to the floor which will blow a big puff of black smoke and walk past anyone going up that hill..

my S10 on the other hand...full throttle and loosing speed up that hill with a run at it @ higher speed

Old 09-24-2013, 05:23 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
That's true. But you know that even used they're going for more than they were new.

Or at least they will be at some point.
Good luck getting my M1 outa my hands. I won't run the F1 so I would look at drilling/taping the heads to match the LA style intake bolt pattern and hunt up an mpi intake for a LA motor.

Last edited by merc225hp; 09-24-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:51 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

I don't remember what Hahns5.2 had to do to his truck. I don't think he lowered compression any.

Only problem with the M1 is that it ain't made no more.
He had to do one or more of these things: retard timing, lower compression, use a bleeding cam (many people haven't heard of this so don't act up over this, it's not something used too often in the gasoline word AFAIK), intercooled it, or most likely used water/meth injection.

Originally Posted by Jigabop
I was there once too...cost me like $300/month to insure my 94 Z28 camaro about 10 years ago...

Easy...I don't speed! just cause it CAN go fast doesn't mean I need to drive it 20 over the speed limit.

it's a toy. I sometimes accelerate hard on freeway on-ramps, but then I get on the freeway and set cruise control.

another reason is it is a big plain jane looking truck from the outside...nothing done externally to make it flashy or draw attention. looks like an overgrown slow truck. under the hood is a different story, but I don't advertise on the outside whats under the hood... don't need parts getting ripped off or need to draw attention to it.

cops look for ricers and muscle cars, and suv's..the don't look for full size pickup trucks when catching speeders.

funny thing though: I bombed past a cop sitting on the shoulder accelerating hard and rolling coal and the cop saw me and just shook his head...probably thinking "f'in rednecks..."

that's why you check the little box that says "remember me" and it never logs you out.

damn you're a young lil whipper snapper.

the cummins doesn't know what a hill is...even 16% grade I don't have to downshift...turbos just push more boost to maintain speed and rpm. and If I really wanted I just put the pedal to the floor which will blow a big puff of black smoke and walk past anyone going up that hill..

my S10 on the other hand...full throttle and loosing speed up that hill with a run at it @ higher speed

I always check the box, lol. Something with cookies is messed up thats why I think it's my computer.

The BBF (big block ford) doesn't know what a hill is or a speed limit (snicker snicker). It'll do 75MPH in 55 with only 25% throttle if you aren't watching carefully.

Edit: Not that we are going 75 intentionally lol...

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Good luck getting my M1 outa my hands. I won't run the F1 so I would look at drilling/taping the heads to match the LA style intake bolt pattern and hunt up an mpi intake for a LA motor.
Occasionally a M1 will come up for sale here on DF, or on eBay, and they come through a local junkyard occasionally. He wants $200 for them last I knew, probably more by now. He also has a pile of Mopar Perf PCMs.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:02 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ordered a t-case clocking ring today from NWF should be here on thursday, I know what I'm upto this weekend.

http://www.northwestfab.com/Round-Pa...ng-_p_17.html#

Old 09-24-2013, 07:41 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did a wireless install for some guy today, he has an ArticCat 700 Diesel, that thing is HUGE! I want

Old 09-24-2013, 08:06 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Working out the details of a job in Wisconsin

It allows me enough time to squeeze a hour or two of school in every day.

And best of all I'd be working with horses!

Old 09-24-2013, 09:13 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by beginningjockey
He had to do one or more of these things: retard timing, lower compression, use a bleeding cam (many people haven't heard of this so don't act up over this, it's not something used too often in the gasoline word AFAIK), intercooled it, or most likely used water/meth injection.

I always check the box, lol. Something with cookies is messed up thats why I think it's my computer.

The BBF (big block ford) doesn't know what a hill is or a speed limit (snicker snicker). It'll do 75MPH in 55 with only 25% throttle if you aren't watching carefully.

Edit: Not that we are going 75 intentionally lol...

Occasionally a M1 will come up for sale here on DF, or on eBay, and they come through a local junkyard occasionally. He wants $200 for them last I knew, probably more by now. He also has a pile of Mopar Perf PCMs.
Thanks for reminding me, he does run water/meth injection. He's got like 295/345 at the wheels IIRC...

Old 09-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for reminding me, he does run water/meth injection. He's got like 295/345 at the wheels IIRC...
Thats kind of underwhelming with that much engine work

Old 09-24-2013, 10:53 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Thats kind of underwhelming with that much engine work

That was 2 years ago...

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread