2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 11:57 AM
99dodge318
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did yall read the stupid comments on that ramcharger burnout video?

"People are asking why would you do something like that?"

I say... Cause its America!

Old 02-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlaIl9J14H4

We had a fake one of these come through our bomb dump recently. Massive. Took up an entire 40 foot tractor trailor. It was completely for show though, ours only weighed about 1000 lbs.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

340,000,000 dollars for 20 bombs? Ouchie. And we wonder why our national debt is skyrocketing? (no, not really......)

Old 02-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

I agree fully. Its just stupid the way money is spent like it's coming out of our ears.

I made a snide comment about out of control spending/national debt to an E-6 (I'm an E-3) recently when he mentioned how "extra" budget money can go into new tv's and couches for our break room.... First off, we don't have a break room in my shop...

But what was funny (I almost busted out laughing right in front of him) was when he said "You call that debt, I call that national security."

WTF??!!? Tv's and couches are NATIONAL SECURITY??? Some people just don't get it.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:42 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
And we wonder why our national debt is skyrocketing? (no, not really......)
It ain't cheap living in a world where people who were born too near petroleum deposits or other "vital" natural resources hate your freedom. That's why we spend more on "defense" than the rest of the world combined: They hates them some freedoms, those nasty little buggers. They don't think like us, no sir, not at all. And by golly the only way to make one of those funny little guys think like Anna Merkin is to blow his brains clean out. Once that's done, well for sure and for certain, the little bugger is liberated.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:39 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Maybe if we stop trying to tell THEM how they should be living THEIR lives, they might take a more moderate position.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:24 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts
Old 03-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by 2x1972
I agree fully. Its just stupid the way money is spent like it's coming out of our ears.

I made a snide comment about out of control spending/national debt to an E-6 (I'm an E-3) recently when he mentioned how "extra" budget money can go into new tv's and couches for our break room.... First off, we don't have a break room in my shop...

But what was funny (I almost busted out laughing right in front of him) was when he said "You call that debt, I call that national security."

WTF??!!? Tv's and couches are NATIONAL SECURITY??? Some people just don't get it.
Damn, I wish I were still on active duty just so I could tell your E-6 that he's a fuc-ktard. At my age, etc, I'd be an E-9 and would relish tearing him a new ***-hole

Old 03-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

It is truly depressing the way the military spends money. When there is extra in the budget at the end of EVERY year, they spend it on stupid stuff like new furniture and tvs and stereos to replace the new stuff they bought at the end of LAST year. The excuse is "if we dont spend it all they will cut our funding next year."

If they would turn their brains on they would figure out that if we have millions of extra dollars in our budget EVERY YEAR, cutting our funding would be a GOOD thing.

I dont think the monkeys who run this show know what "national debt" is.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by 2x1972
It is truly depressing the way the military spends money. When there is extra in the budget at the end of EVERY year, they spend it on stupid stuff like new furniture and tvs and stereos to replace the new stuff they bought at the end of LAST year. The excuse is "if we dont spend it all they will cut our funding next year."

If they would turn their brains on they would figure out that if we have millions of extra dollars in our budget EVERY YEAR, cutting our funding would be a GOOD thing.

I dont think the monkeys who run this show know what "national debt" is.
Yep. That confused me as well when I was green. The problem is that the statement is true -- don't spend all of your funding then it gets cut. Where's the logic in that? Wait, we're talking government bureaucrats...nevermind.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread