2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 01:03 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Ordered some POR-15 today to paint my 60s

that shiz is not cheap
Yeah but it's great stuff, I paid $19 for a pint of gloss black that does not need top coating.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:04 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya know, it's simply amazing how many people in this country have NO idea that ObamaCare IS the Affordable Care Act, and yet they love one and hate the other....

Anyone care to guess why they hate the other and which one they hate? I shouldn't even have to tell you...

Republicans have done such a great job spreading misinformation about the Affordable Care Act and calling it ObamaCare it's just pure evil since it contains the word "Obama".

I think the Prez is right to tell the Republicans to f@ck off. They approved the bill, he signed it, than they bitched, the Supreme Court - the ultimate law of the land strictly coinciding with their beloved Constitution - said that the Affordable Care Act was legal and not unconstitutional.

Time for them to drop it and move on, do something productive.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Yeah but it's great stuff, I paid $19 for a pint of gloss black that does not need top coating.
I got a pint of semi gloss black for $30, I have never seen it locally

After some research the stuff is GREAT but only if your prep it properly, which goes for about anythin and everythin

Old 10-01-2013, 01:18 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"You 1/2 ton people are weird. You guys break your little half ton crap and replace it with the same toy parts" - Wombat Ranger"

I've always found the argument that 1/2 tons suck and 3/4 ton or 1 ton are the greatest thing on the planet to be kinda strange considering it's the SAME damn motor and transmission (excluding Cummins and manual transmissions)

Old 10-01-2013, 01:21 PM
merc225hp
Champion

I got a pint of semi gloss black for $30, I have never seen it locally

After some research the stuff is GREAT but only if your prep it properly, which goes for about anythin and everythin

^^^ I was very surprised when I found it at my local auto body supply shop, it was like yeah no internet ordering. Prep is everything thats for sure.

Last edited by merc225hp; 10-01-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:27 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Ya know, it's simply amazing how many people in this country have NO idea that ObamaCare IS the Affordable Care Act, and yet they love one and hate the other....

Anyone care to guess why they hate the other and which one they hate? I shouldn't even have to tell you...

Republicans have done such a great job spreading misinformation about the Affordable Care Act and calling it ObamaCare it's just pure evil since it contains the word "Obama".

I think the Prez is right to tell the Republicans to f@ck off. They approved the bill, he signed it, than they bitched, the Supreme Court - the ultimate law of the land strictly coinciding with their beloved Constitution - said that the Affordable Care Act was legal and not unconstitutional.

Time for them to drop it and move on, do something productive.
I don't think any republicans signed it.... pretty much a party line vote.

I don't care for it for the simple reason that it is only treating a symptom of a much larger problem, which our government outright REFUSES to address. Jobs.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Ham Bone
Champion

^^^ I was very surprised when I found it at my local auto body supply shop, it was like yeah no internet ordering. Prep is everything thats for sure.
I looked again just hoping that maybe it had been added but nope. I plan on wire brushing everything, blowing all the dust and crap off and maybe a degreaser

Originally Posted by stewie01
"You 1/2 ton people are weird. You guys break your little half ton crap and replace it with the same toy parts" - Wombat Ranger"

I've always found the argument that 1/2 tons suck and 3/4 ton or 1 ton are the greatest thing on the planet to be kinda strange considering it's the SAME damn motor and transmission (excluding Cummins and manual transmissions)
I was too, until I started pulling the 2500 apart. The only difference is in the suspension and steering components, but mainly the suspension. And my god is there a difference.

1/2 ton suspension and axles look like tonka toys compared the the 60s, the leaf springs are much bigger and heavy, and the np241 is nothing to slouch at either.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:55 PM
merc225hp
Champion

I was too, until I started pulling the 2500 apart. The only difference is in the suspension and steering components, but mainly the suspension. And my god is there a difference.

1/2 ton suspension and axles look like tonka toys compared the the 60s, the leaf springs are much bigger and heavy, and the np241 is nothing to slouch at either.
For the time and money I put into the 44 and 9.25 straight up I was dumb, I have had two sets of 60's in my possession over the years and yet never installed them, dumb just dumb.

Kinda hard to sit here and tell people not to put money into the 44 and 9.25, but I also know that doing this swap is not cheap, but the money saved in parts over the years going to the 60's should outweigh the cost of doing the swap.

Edit: The 60 rear well yes its a bit bigger than the 9.25 but the diff from the 44 to the front 60 is huge. I could flip the 44 and the 9.25 around by myself but moving the 60"s yeah right not.

Last edited by merc225hp; 10-01-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Ham Bone
Champion

For the time and money I put into the 44 and 9.25 straight up I was dumb, I have had two sets of 60's in my possession over the years and yet never installed them, dumb just dumb.

Kinda hard to sit here and tell people not to put money into the 44 and 9.25, but I also know that doing this swap is not cheap, but the money saved in parts over the years going to the 60's should outweigh the cost of doing the swap.

Edit: The 60 rear well yes its a bit bigger than the 9.25 but the diff from the 44 to the front 60 is huge. I could flip the 44 and the 9.25 around by myself but moving the 60"s yeah right not.
Yea, it all depends on how and what you use your truck for. If you're just a casual guy with a mild lift and tires or use your truck for the occasional furniture move or dump run the 44 and 9.25 are more than adequate.

How long one plans to keep the truck plays a big role also

Old 10-01-2013, 02:11 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked again just hoping that maybe it had been added but nope. I plan on wire brushing everything, blowing all the dust and crap off and maybe a degreaser

Frames are the same though :P

But yeah the axles and springs are a big difference. I know when we got our 1 ton it was like OMG they are soo big lol...

I'm liking my NP241DLD Cummins version transfer case ALOT. It's alot nicer.

If I do the axle and spring swap I'll be ready for a Cummins

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread