2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 07:47 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Agreed! I'd hit it.
I was in a 2013 Ford F150 not too long ago. They are really nice, got TONS of power...

Anyone hear of the latest Obama episode? the non-mechanic is getting his nose in the middle of stuff that only mechanics know about... Boils my blood just thinking about what he is doing. And why did he have to use executive power to do it? Beats me. He's got more important things to do than mess around with mechanics and use executive power to do it...

I sent out a request for a trade-in estimate on the Dodge. They sent me back an offer of $2500... Supposedly it was based on "similar" trucks sold in the past 90 days... I really doubt that they had a similar truck, or that they even read the description of everything that was done to it. That truck has over $8,000 of work done to it... Oh well, I'm not required to take their offer. Haha. Just annoys me...

Old 02-18-2014, 07:53 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Dealer's won't care what you'd done to it... You don't and won't get your money back on vehicles when you customize and trade/sell....

Old 02-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aofarrell2
I was in a 2013 Ford F150 not too long ago. They are really nice, got TONS of power...

Anyone hear of the latest Obama episode? the non-mechanic is getting his nose in the middle of stuff that only mechanics know about... Boils my blood just thinking about what he is doing. And why did he have to use executive power to do it? Beats me. He's got more important things to do than mess around with mechanics and use executive power to do it...

I sent out a request for a trade-in estimate on the Dodge. They sent me back an offer of $2500... Supposedly it was based on "similar" trucks sold in the past 90 days... I really doubt that they had a similar truck, or that they even read the description of everything that was done to it. That truck has over $8,000 of work done to it... Oh well, I'm not required to take their offer. Haha. Just annoys me...
My dad works at one of the largest dealerships on the east coast.

The MORE custom work you have done the LESS they will offer you.

They take lift kits off, put stock wheels back on, that kind of thing

Also, I think you watch too much fox

Old 02-18-2014, 08:11 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aofarrell2

Haven't heard about it, maybe you could clue us in. Obama has a definite slant between the ears and he's the most inept pres. I've seen in my lifetime. Nothing he does surprises me anymore.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:18 PM
stewie01
Legend

^ And THAT right there is the problem. Everyone is quick to blame Obama. Obama has less Executive Uses' of Power than G. W. Dumb****.

Whether you like Obama or not, he isn't the problem. CONGRESS is the REAL problem. It doesn't matter what Obama wants to do, since day 1, ONE, of his Presidency the Republican Party has vowed to not work with him.

There have been bills he's put forth that could have done this country good but the Republicans shut down EVERYTHING, even when some of them agree with something Obama is trying to put through, the standard party line is "NO" when it comes to Obama. And THEY bitch about bi-partisan politics? They claim Obama caused the shutdown, they claim they never wanted the shutdown.... BULL****, it's all on tv in past interviews...

Only now, when there is a BLACK DEMOCRAT President, has the Republican Party heard of the Debt Ceiling. When George. W. was going to war with 2 countries no one cared, everyone was all like "YES" and "HOORAY".

Republicans were actually MAD at Obama for NOT bombing Syria! WTF!?

Last edited by stewie01; 02-18-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:51 PM
BBartow
Captain

Originally Posted by stewie01
^ And THAT right there is the problem. Everyone is quick to blame Obama. Obama has less Executive Uses' of Power than G. W. Dumb****.

Whether you like Obama or not, he isn't the problem. CONGRESS is the REAL problem. It doesn't matter what Obama wants to do, since day 1, ONE, of his Presidency the Republican Party has vowed to not work with him.

There have been bills he's put forth that could have done this country good but the Republicans shut down EVERYTHING, even when some of them agree with something Obama is trying to put through, the standard party line is "NO" when it comes to Obama. And THEY bitch about bi-partisan politics? They claim Obama caused the shutdown, they claim they never wanted the shutdown.... BULL****, it's all on tv in past interviews...

Only now, when there is a BLACK DEMOCRAT President, has the Republican Party heard of the Debt Ceiling. When George. W. was going to war with 2 countries no one cared, everyone was all like "YES" and "HOORAY".

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread-o2rhanl.jpg

Old 02-18-2014, 08:57 PM
stewie01
Legend

^ I can get behind that 100%. Sadly the rest of the country won't, or at least enough of the country for a deciding Presidential win...

Last edited by stewie01; 02-18-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On a different topic, we are going to look at a 91' Cavalier w/ a 2.2 Inline 4 and 5 spd tomorrow night. Guy said 900 OBO and it has 120,000 miles, 4 new brand tires, bad alternator, and now has it sitting there. Guess he was driving it till yesterday and now its permanently sitting. Idk the whole story till tmrw.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:29 PM
AppelH
Captain

Originally Posted by stewie01

I will disagree on a few points here. I will point out I was not a fan of bush, and I am far from an expert on politics. However, those supporting Obama cannot blame bush forever for struggles that Obama has, just like Clinton got blamed for a lot of issues bush had. A quick search showed that Obama and bush have similar executive order numbers, as Obama of course hasn't finished his term.

There is little cooperation between parties, I will agree there. Everyone blames the republicans for the government shutdown, but I hesitate to blame them completely. Now correct me if I am wrong, but te senate was responsible for submitted a budget proposal for the house of reps to approve, with the house being republicans, and the senate being liberal. So one could view it as the senate not being willing to submit a proposal that the house thought was acceptable. It made it look like it was all the republicans fault, which forced them to fold because everyone was getting pissed at them. Again, I know there is more to this than someone like me understands.

And about the republicans getting mad about not bombing Syria, I'm not sure about that. From what I remember , tere were very few fans of that plan on either side, and Obama himself said that he would consider it if he felt it was necessary. I feel like the race card gets played too much, and it's an excuse in some situations as to the reason that people don't like him, compared to people just not agreeing with his policies.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

All budgets are supposed to originate in the house. That was one of their malfunctions.

Obama using an executive order to increase gas mileage requirements for trucks MAKES HIM the problem. That is all on him, congress has nothing to do with it.

Obama doesn't have a clue. His foreign policy sucks, his budgeting sucks, the direction he is trying to take the country sucks, the ACA was an end run trying to fix a symptom of a much larger problem, and missed......

Of course, Washington in general isn't in the business of solving problems. They would put themselves out of a job.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread