2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 06:11 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Makes ya wonder just what this guy was doing to manage to imbed a chainsaw in his neck.... broken chain and all.
The story was on CNN, apparently the saw kicked back on him....

Old 04-02-2014, 06:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
The story was on CNN, apparently the saw kicked back on him....
And he was at work......

That's pretty creative though. I have done tree work for a living..... and never have I had a saw kick back at me, unless I was doing something... erm... stupid. Most saws have a chain brake for just such an occasion, that your hand naturally hits when the saw kicks back..... wonder if his did.

In any event, he got REAL lucky, and my guess is, will be a MUCH safer operator for a while.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Well he was 21 years old suspended in a tree trimming branches. It does make me ask where was the anti-kick back brake on his chainsaw? He got real lucky and they said it only took about 30 stiches to close him up.

http://www.today.com/health/close-ca...eck-2D79473521

Since that was posted how about anyone else that has x rays post them up and tell a little story about it.

Name:  Rleg0005_zpsdb7cafb8.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  176.2 KB

My femur was shattered and when they first put me back together they had to stretch my leg before they put the plate in. 12 screws holding me together and some of the screws didn't even touch any bone at first. 6 weeks after they put the plate in my leg they went back in and did a bone graft off my hip. Along with the femur it also damaged a nerve in my lower leg. And when I got shot it also severed my femoral artery.

Name:  MVC-467F_zps857197fd.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  47.8 KB

Where the bullet came in the back of my leg.

Name:  MVC-470F_zpsd083a27d.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  43.3 KB

Where the bullet came out the front of my leg. Of course the hole was a lot bigger they just pulled it all together to close it up. It blew bone out the front and before they closed everything up it took a pail full of gauze to pack that wound.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:24 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Ouchie.

You are also a very lucky man to be alive. (and I am pleased that you are.....)

Old 04-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Ouchie.

You are also a very lucky man to be alive. (and I am pleased that you are.....)

Now don't be nice just to be nice....................

I know you're not pleased cause I'm a pain in your hinny sometimes..........

I can't get smilies to work so that is why I'm not adding any for effect.

Yep the condensed story goes like this. I was at one of the gates onto the camp I was on in Iraq. I was 5-8 minutes away from the field hospital. I get shot and about 15 minutes have gone by. Now I am bleeding out so they load me onto the hood of a Hummer and start walking me to the hospital. Just as we get moving the ambulance shows up. Now each time they have to move me it hurts like crazy. I am still awake too and was the whole time. Didn't black out until I was at the hospital and being treated.
You didn't want to be there and be getting chewed out by me. I was pissed that I got shot.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:15 PM
stewie01
Legend

So far in my 27 years I've only broke a pinky toe....

Old 04-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Dang Nab lucky Stewie. I got all my toes on my left foot broke when I was 17 by a horse. He stepped and spun at the same time. Felt a few of the pop too. I really wanted to shoot that horse.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:45 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stewie01
So far in my 27 years I've only broke a pinky toe....
As wildman said, lucky you. I've only had a hairline fracture in my ankle that never healed right... I stepped wrong when I was running at full speed, which I was a fast runner... Put up with pain for years. Been damned freakin scared of doing any serious running since then. I can't have painkiller pills either; I'm allergic to them. Stupid doctor missed it in the x-ray, said it was just a bad sprain... Now three years later I should get a MRI, which isn't covered by insurance, then possibly surgery to correct it. Can't afford those, so I just put up with the pain. Other than pain it is normal and strong now, I'm used to pain... Ugh.

Not that I can speak from experience but I'm sure getting shot is far far worse...

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
Dang Nab lucky Stewie. I got all my toes on my left foot broke when I was 17 by a horse. He stepped and spun at the same time. Felt a few of the pop too. I really wanted to shoot that horse.
I wear special boots when working around animals. They are called steel toed boots I wear them when working out in the shop as well...

Wildman, didn't you get a purple heart (if memory serves me), and then it was taken? IMO that was entirely wrong for it to be taken away.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:08 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by aofarrell2
As wildman said, lucky you. I've only had a hairline fracture in my ankle that never healed right... I stepped wrong when I was running at full speed, which I was a fast runner... Put up with pain for years. Been damned freakin scared of doing any serious running since then. I can't have painkiller pills either; I'm allergic to them. Stupid doctor missed it in the x-ray, said it was just a bad sprain... Now three years later I should get a MRI, which isn't covered by insurance, then possibly surgery to correct it. Can't afford those, so I just put up with the pain. Other than pain it is normal and strong now, I'm used to pain... Ugh.

Not that I can speak from experience but I'm sure getting shot is far far worse...

I wear special boots when working around animals. They are called steel toed boots I wear them when working out in the shop as well...

Wildman, didn't you get a purple heart (if memory serves me), and then it was taken? IMO that was entirely wrong for it to be taken away.
Steel toes don't always help, sometimes makes things worse....

Old 04-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by aofarrell2

Never seen a pair of steel toed cowboy boots. And I wouldn't wear anything but when riding. That is what saved my toes for worse damage because I had those **** roach killers on.

Yes I was awarded the Purple Heart and them my command took it away because I was shot my another soldier. And yes it was a big slap in the face.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread