2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 11:26 PM
tincan57
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Life

I agree with all..........and Wildman, thanks for serving (I was just 4 year). I was gonna joke about twisting my right ankle and fixing it with an allen wrench, (but thought better of it).
K.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:53 PM
tired old man
Veteran

I slipped on the top step out on the deck last Thursday night and got a real bad looking bruise with what they call a bone bruise. I should make a full recovery but it will most likely take as long as a broken bone.

I just don't get a cool cast to have signed is all.

I I can figure out how I will post a picture.

Last edited by tired old man; 04-03-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:58 PM
tired old man
Veteran

I'm using my tablet to try and take the picture and cant get the light right but here it is

{On edit} Well that did not work.

Last edited by tired old man; 04-03-2014 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:13 AM
tincan57
Captain

tired old man...........load photos up to photo bucket for free, attach your photos to the forum. 800 x 600 works the best. Here's what I like doing with my 4wd gassers.

I like trying to get lightning shots when fronts come through. I caught this today trying to get a lightning shot. It was a brief touch down. Before I could call my neighbor it skipped his house and went back in the clouds. K.

Edit, my cabin is between the tree and pole, 1 mile to the right of the pole is my visible neighbor in white. So it was on the ground about 1.5 miles by the tree line. I'm looking for a good lightning strike on camera (hard to do).

Last edited by tincan57; 04-03-2014 at 03:33 AM. Reason: As the crow flies/file/lighting
Old 04-03-2014, 01:06 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by aofarrell2
Oh I've never worn cowboy boots Always worn my steel toe work boots when I'm out riding.

What would it take to get it re-instated? Letters to Congress?

Load of crap, ridiculous, probably all of that and more. That's what some gov official probably needs to hear.

That's what I say

Besides being honoured by having a purple heart, don't you also get other benefits if I'm not mistaken?

And yes thanks for serving. I've come to the realization, everyone has an obligation to the country they live in, to serve it in some way.

I would guess if enough people wrote letters or signed a petition it might help. I tried right after I got retired and all I did was **** a bunch of people off. My old unit didn't even want people to mention my name. I tried going to my congressman but that was a joke.
If you read the regulation it is really up to interpretation on if I am eligible or not. And my command was chicken **** and didn't want to have it known they gave it to me. I've never told anyone anything different about how I was injured.

A soldier was loading a machine gun that she wasn't trained on. Well 9 rounds went off and one of them went thru my leg. The only good thing about the whole day was that none of my other soldiers were injured. I had just moved one of my privates about 2 minutes before it happened too. So I saved his life or at least from being injured.

Name:  240_zps7b1106d4.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  136.1 KB

This is the machine gun that shot me.

Name:  240rds_zpse176006c.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  106.2 KB

9 rounds on the ground. Now remember guns kill people not people kill people.................And if you believe that can I sell you some land???

Originally Posted by tincan57
I agree with all..........and Wildman, thanks for serving (I was just 4 year). I was gonna joke about twisting my right ankle and fixing it with an allen wrench, (but thought better of it).
K.

You could adjust this with am allen wrench. It's called an external fixator and was used to hold my bones in place until they put the plate in. I would move my leg around by grabbing the bar and lift it then putting it where I wanted it.

Name:  IMG_0132_zpsd2b81623.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  50.8 KB

Old 04-03-2014, 11:15 AM
tired old man
Veteran

tincan57,
I have a different photo thing called dropbox that has worked for me on other sites. it just doesn't want to work here,... yet.

I used to use photo bucket when I was going to a photography site but let it go a few years ago when they kicked me off the site for posting what they had determined was a copyright photo.

The photo was of my daughter standing by the new Dodge Neon we had helped her buy when she graduated. I still don't quite see how a picture I took myself with my crappy digital camera could have been considered copyrighted by anyone but me.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:40 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
Now don't be nice just to be nice....................

I know you're not pleased cause I'm a pain in your hinny sometimes..........

I can't get smilies to work so that is why I'm not adding any for effect.

Yep the condensed story goes like this. I was at one of the gates onto the camp I was on in Iraq. I was 5-8 minutes away from the field hospital. I get shot and about 15 minutes have gone by. Now I am bleeding out so they load me onto the hood of a Hummer and start walking me to the hospital. Just as we get moving the ambulance shows up. Now each time they have to move me it hurts like crazy. I am still awake too and was the whole time. Didn't black out until I was at the hospital and being treated.
You didn't want to be there and be getting chewed out by me. I was pissed that I got shot.
Thought that was part of the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up?

In the grand scheme of things, you are amazingly easier to deal with than a few members I have had the displeasure of encountering. (and not just on this site either.)

And I AM pleased you are still on this side of the grass.

Now, are you trying to tell me that having your leg shattered by a bullet is painful? Really? For some strange reason, I find that VERY easy to believe.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:42 AM
tired old man
Veteran

Wildman,

I suppose they don't count friendlyfire when it comes to purple hearts?

When my dad and a few other guys were running around in Belgium during the second world war he got a purple heart. He was not very proud of it though. It was the way he got it that bothered him.

He and some buddies had 'borrowed' a deuce and a half truck and went to a village and took a several cases of wine from a bombed out winery, then went back to the rear area they were to have some R&R. Naturally they all got drunk and all got court martialed for it, their pay was docked for months to pay for the wine.

He had just gotten Sargent stripes and those were taken away and he and several of the other guys were detailed to guard a vehicle pool. The vehicles in the pool were not in running condition they had just been gathered up and put there so others could scavenge parts and such.

It was very cold winter time and dad would make rounds in the snow and cold. A German paratrooper had taken refuge in the vehicle pool and came out and stabbed my dad in the right thigh. Dad got off one or two rounds with his M1 Garand before he lost it in the tussle. Some of the other guys that were in the guard shack heard the shot and jumped in a jeep and came hustling down between the rows of junk vehicles.

The German fellow tried to run away but they cut him down with sub machine gun fire,..

They searched the junkyard afterward and found where he had had his nest under a tank. Dad always felt bad about the guy. Said he was probably just hungry and cold. The fact that he was trying to kill my dad did help him reconcile it though. Still he always thought they should have tried to capture the man since he was now unarmed.

He always said if he hadn't screwed up in the first place he wouldn't have been there. I suppose he would have been somewhere else and might have ended up dead himself.

By the time he got back from the field hospital he had his Sargent stripes back and his commander had sent in the paper work for the purple heart.

Last edited by tired old man; 04-03-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Old Man,
I don't know about being proud of having a Purple Heart but it does say you were in combat and that you shed blood on foreign land for your country. Yes the rule is about friendly fire but the first sentence in the regulation also says " As much leeway as possible should be given to all deserving soldiers." So if they had wanted to they could have pushed the issue. My General told me he would have approved it if it had come to him. But again my command had no ***** plus they were trying to cover up the whole mess because it would look bad on their record.

I have pretty much accepted the fact that I won't get my PH and just deal with it the best I can. All that has happened since I got wounded has shed new light on the faults with in our government and the military.

And I was a 1st Sergeant of the Security Company when I was shot.

Last edited by Wildman4x4nut; 04-03-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:59 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Busy day tomorrow, get to review the current and future home of the Carroll County Sheriff's Department Dispatch Center, they are moving and will be accepting bids on the job, might be fun...

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread