2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:18 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
Never seen a pair of steel toed cowboy boots. And I wouldn't wear anything but when riding. That is what saved my toes for worse damage because I had those **** roach killers on.

Yes I was awarded the Purple Heart and them my command took it away because I was shot my another soldier. And yes it was a big slap in the face.
Holy f_uck.

What a load of crap.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:44 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just won a tekonsha prodigy p2 brake controller on ebay! 66.99 to my door!!! its going in the grand cherokee, so we can tow the camper memorial day. jeep should do ok.. has a max tow rating of 6500 pounds, truck is at 7250 max rating. so it should do just fine. camper only weighs around 3500 pounds.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:59 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Wildman, that's awful! Looks super painful. Thank you for your service in our Armed Forces. You deserved your Purple Heart. It's ridiculous that they take it away.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wildman over here we call them turd kickers lol

That's ridiculous they took it away. Getting shot is getting shot. Bullets dont discriminate.

I've broken my left wrist when I jumped off a kitchen counter, I was like 4.
I've broke every single one of my toes at some point or another.
I broke my left foot but they thought it was a sprain because it was a break that would never show on an x-ray. Played football for three months until finally couldnt walk anymore, It hurt like a **** but my foot just stopped working at all. Finally got an mri and they said ****! I somehow didn't have to have surgery.
Ive broken my left thumb twice in different places.

Yep that's about it. I've never had surgery somehow.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
just won a tekonsha prodigy p2 brake controller on ebay! 66.99 to my door!!! its going in the grand cherokee, so we can tow the camper memorial day. jeep should do ok.. has a max tow rating of 6500 pounds, truck is at 7250 max rating. so it should do just fine. camper only weighs around 3500 pounds.

To tow above 2,000 or 2,500lbs you have to have a load distribution hitch. If you don't have one you will tear the unibody apart over time.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:27 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone

That's ridiculous they took it away. Getting shot is getting shot. Bullets dont discriminate.

I've broken my left wrist when I jumped off a kitchen counter, I was like 4.
I've broke every single one of my toes at some point or another.
I broke my left foot but they thought it was a sprain because it was a break that would never show on an x-ray. Played football for three months until finally couldnt walk anymore, It hurt like a **** but my foot just stopped working at all. Finally got an mri and they said ****! I somehow didn't have to have surgery.
Ive broken my left thumb twice in different places.

Yep that's about it. I've never had surgery somehow.
My younger sister was in full blown hip bone deterioration before the age of 10, she was operated on and had lots of work done to correct the issue.

She had a cast on both legs and dowels in between keeping her legs set so the hip bones could heal.

We had a hospital bed in the living for weeks while she recovered...

Old 04-02-2014, 10:32 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

To tow above 2,000 or 2,500lbs you have to have a load distribution hitch. If you don't have one you will tear the unibody apart over time.
I do have one, from when my parents towed with my moms liberty. Good to 10k pounds. Its a reese round bar setup, and yes I know how to use it. Ive had it for over 10 years. Last used in 08 before I got my truck.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:40 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Some of y'all have had some bad injuries.

I've broken my left heel bone in 3 places, broken my right big toe, torn 2 ligaments in my right ankle, broken a rib on my left side, and hairline fracture in my right arm. I've also broken a couple of teeth, and they've been repaired.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Never seen a pair of steel toed cowboy boots. And I wouldn't wear anything but when riding. That is what saved my toes for worse damage because I had those **** roach killers on.

Yes I was awarded the Purple Heart and them my command took it away because I was shot my another soldier. And yes it was a big slap in the face.
According to Dick Marcinko, the Purple Heart = Enemy Marksmanship Medal.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:18 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Oh I've never worn cowboy boots Always worn my steel toe work boots when I'm out riding.

What would it take to get it re-instated? Letters to Congress?

Originally Posted by stewie01
Holy f_uck.

What a load of crap.
Originally Posted by 1997JollyGreenGiant
Wildman, that's awful! Looks super painful. Thank you for your service in our Armed Forces. You deserved your Purple Heart. It's ridiculous that they take it away.
Load of crap, ridiculous, probably all of that and more. That's what some gov official probably needs to hear.

Originally Posted by Ham Bone

That's what I say

Besides being honoured by having a purple heart, don't you also get other benefits if I'm not mistaken?

And yes thanks for serving. I've come to the realization, everyone has an obligation to the country they live in, to serve it in some way.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread