2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:08 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Lack of insurance is only one factor in the skyrocketing medical costs. Things like not being able to shop for drugs from companies in canada.... being restricted in which insurance companies operate in your state, overtreatment of common conditions, due to the litigious nature of people. (we will sue for anything....) The complexity of billing for even a simple procedure. And a host of other things. It isn't just the uninsured folks that are driving up costs..... the whole system needs reform, and requiring folks to have insurance is going to do absolutely nothing to reduce medical costs.
It will not reduce medical costs, I agree. But it should reduce costs to the people.

My GF recently had surgery on her sinuses. Total bill was north of 20,000 dollars. just one doctor wanted 5600 bucks for her services. When she discovered we did NOT have insurance, the bill dropped to 500 bucks.... and this is not an isolated case. There are many stories of hospitals and various other medical institutions charging cash customer a tiny fraction of what they bill insurance companies. Why is that? Is it just the "some money is better than none." thing? Or do a lot of them thar folks see an opportunity to gouge insurance companies, and leap on it? Our health care system is in serious need of help.
Sure, some of it might be gouging. But I bet you the hospital(s) involved saw that you didn't have insurance, and simply wrote it off as bad debt, charging you a minimum. A lot of hospitals do that now, so they don't have to pay people to do the paperwork or a collection agency for something they are pretty sure they'll never be able to collect.

Insurance companies add nothing to health care, other than cost.
They sure have taken care of a lot of my medical bills. The alternative to insurance companies is the government providing everything, socialized medicine, and there go our taxes, through the roof, and there goes a lot of your freedom in what you can and cannot get done.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

y'all should just move to Canada

Old 06-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Sniperinhisname
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of yall i got three words. **** the government. Everybody that has common sense can see that every single person in the government (yes that includes left wing, right wing, conservitives, radicalist, every single one of them.) is corrupt as ****. most of them the stupid people of america keep voting in again and again. just like that 90 year old women that can't even control what she says. the constitution says we HAVE the right to overthrow the corrupt government and institute a new one. but no one will we have all been spoon fed by the government that everything is ok and alright don't do anything. Look at generations before us. you saw protests and riots all the time when the vietnam war went on. The Revolution? The civil war? people GAVE their lives for what they believed. In fact heres a fun fact for the day GEORGE WASHINGTON IN HIS RETIREMENT SPEECH WARNED AGAINST THE TWO PARTY SYSTEM. and look where we all are. but screw it. no one will listen

Old 06-08-2010, 05:28 PM
rwisaacks
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sniperinhisname
All of yall i got three words. **** the government. Everybody that has common sense can see that every single person in the government (yes that includes left wing, right wing, conservitives, radicalist, every single one of them.) is corrupt as ****. most of them the stupid people of america keep voting in again and again. just like that 90 year old women that can't even control what she says. the constitution says we HAVE the right to overthrow the corrupt government and institute a new one. but no one will we have all been spoon fed by the government that everything is ok and alright don't do anything. Look at generations before us. you saw protests and riots all the time when the vietnam war went on. The Revolution? The civil war? people GAVE their lives for what they believed. In fact heres a fun fact for the day GEORGE WASHINGTON IN HIS RETIREMENT SPEECH WARNED AGAINST THE TWO PARTY SYSTEM. and look where we all are. but screw it. no one will listen
Whats your solution then? Anarchy?

Last edited by rwisaacks; 06-08-2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Don't get me wrong, I believe we are in need of massive reform.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Sniperinhisname
Professional

what the constitution says. Another civil war. overthrow the government and institute another. in the words of Thomas jefferson

Old 06-08-2010, 05:37 PM
redneckrocket38
Professional

Sniper you are absolutely right there should be no such thing as "career politicians." Our forefathers had the idea of hard working blue collar folks to be represented as such. It worked back in their day because it was something to be proud of to be able to say "I really helped out my fellow Americans" . I think most people have forgotten what that "word" even means. Its sad to see it happen this way though.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Sniperinhisname
Professional

AMEN! glad to see someone on here sees it too brother! i know a lot of people that are bout too tired of this ****

Old 06-08-2010, 05:41 PM
bigtman07
Captain

OMG OMG OMG!!! I thought I would never see the day. I'm soooo excited. Today on my school I spotted a real T-rex. Here's what I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3XsHoU07_Q

Old 06-08-2010, 05:46 PM
rwisaacks
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sniperinhisname
what the constitution says. Another civil war. overthrow the government and institute another. in the words of Thomas jefferson
Don't get me wrong. I agree that this government is in need of massive reform. Especially with this joke of a president. But, I asked what is your solution? Overthrow and install a new government...what form of government specifically? You ruled out 2 party system, conservative, liberal, left, right.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Sniperinhisname
Professional

a one party system. like it was founded on. read up on some american history. a group of people with one goal in mind. better america and its people

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread