2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Yinzer
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
which is what im doing, and making it a mild torque monster, and then next year its getting bored .040 over for even more power and torque!
Sweeeeeet!

Old 02-06-2013, 04:24 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yinzer
Sweeeeeet!
in the general discussion section look for my thread cam discussion, and i have the specs on everything im doing to it. dont mind the pistons and what not. budget didnt allow it this year.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Jigabop
Champion

I'm making my engine bigger so it will guzzle gasoline even faster than it already does and it'll cost me even more to fill it up because regular unleaded just isn't going to cut it anymore!
fixed!

just flippin ya ****
it is kinda true though lol I built more power with mine and economy dropped off...nice thing about a diesel though is nomatter how I mod it...I still get to run the same grade of fuel.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:56 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by Jigabop
fixed!

just flippin ya ****
it is kinda true though lol I built more power with mine and economy dropped off...nice thing about a diesel though is nomatter how I mod it...I still get to run the same grade of fuel.

yeah gas is going up again for whatever reason.... however, i need more power. this 318, 5500# truck, and an 8' plow, arent cutting it anymore. hopefully ill be seeing close to 450tq, and well over 300hp at the crank.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Yinzer
Professional

in the general discussion section look for my thread cam discussion, and i have the specs on everything im doing to it. dont mind the pistons and what not. budget didnt allow it this year.
Awesome dude! I am gonna look it up in a minute here

Originally Posted by Jigabop
just flippin ya ****
More power doesn't always mean immediately more fuel... if you build it right, you can keep a pretty conservative fuel bill... that is, if you can keep your foot off the pedal. I know I couldn't... hell, the "fastest street legal drag car" (I bet there are faster...) in the world that runs around 6 seconds on the quarter mile gets 8.5mpg on the highway... which is about what I got with the death flash.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:26 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Hi, I'm new here and I want to make my truck louder to impress my friends and **** off the neighbors, how do I do that?

Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Hi, I'm new here and I want to make my truck louder to impress my friends and **** off the neighbors, how do I do that?
7,329 posts and your new here?

Best way to **** off anyone is complete straight pipe ROFL

Old 02-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Yinzer
Professional

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Replace your gasoline fuel system with oxy acetylene... it'll be REAL loud... for a little bit

Old 02-06-2013, 05:30 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

You could take it all the way up to a 390, if you wanted to. It'd be a lot cheaper and more practical to just find a used 360, however.
So I wonder how big a 488 could be bored to safely.

Awesome dude! I am gonna look it up in a minute here

More power doesn't always mean immediately more fuel... if you build it right, you can keep a pretty conservative fuel bill... that is, if you can keep your foot off the pedal. I know I couldn't... hell, the "fastest street legal drag car" (I bet there are faster...) in the world that runs around 6 seconds on the quarter mile gets 8.5mpg on the highway... which is about what I got with the death flash.
For sure. The Ford 460 stock is terribly fuel hog, but I've been doing research and they can beat a 360 with up to 25MPG. Seriously. So the Magnum should be able to do that too. No I'm not putting Dodge down just making a point: Big doesn't mean little fuel economy.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:35 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
7,329 posts and your new here?

Best way to **** off anyone is complete straight pipe ROFL

I was pullin a V-Dub....lmao!

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread