2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 06:40 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Old 02-08-2013, 06:43 PM
VEETEN
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Name:  426150_603811592969588_1308292485_n2_zps7f983c4e.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  117.3 KB

Old 02-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OK, here are pictures of what my local liquor store has to offer in the way of Tequila. What should I look for, what's a good starter Tequila, etc?

Old 02-08-2013, 07:06 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anything under $30 is mixing tequilla. Sipping tequilla usually starts arounf $50 ad goes up from there......

The Corzo is pretty good.

Part of the difference in price is attributed to the type of barrel and how long it is aged. Just like Scotch, aging longer improves flavor.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hornitos. blanco is the clear one, repasado is the yellow/amberish looking one. difference is aging. repasado is aged a few months in oak barrels before bottled. blanco is bottled right from the still and how all 100% agave tequilas start out. (unless its something like tarantula that has sugars and color added)

hornitos is probably going to be your best budget brand. you likely won't find any aņejo tequilas at your local liquor store...they would be more at a specialty type liquor store like beverages and more, wine chateau, wine world, etc..

here is a clip from the tasting room talking about the angel tequila I recommended you...

http://www.damasana.com/angel/music/...taTomOct09.m3u

Old 02-08-2013, 08:03 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
BINGO! I got so fed up with my POS HTC Inspire that I switched to a Nokia C3-00 only because I wanted the ability to send text messages. Touch screens suck *** if you're the kind of person whose fingers do not radiate a lot of heat. I didn't bother with a data plan as I have no need to check my e-mail, surf the web, or participate in a myriad of other mindless tasks when I'm out and about. Smart phones also have crappy reception no matter what.

One of my brothers has a Samsung Galaxy and for the life of me I cannot understand why that piece of shiat loves to randomly dial me. And I know his is not the only phone to do that.

In another year or so I'm probably going to dump this Nokia and going with a plain-Jane old school "dumb" phone. They have better reception, longer battery life, and are sturdier.
Randomly dial... LOL I know about that... My HTC would randomly dial my assistant pastor or pastor, or my best friend....

OR it would send 20 blank texts after the text I sent to anyone I would send a text to for the longest time... And I had no clue unless they told me...

And another of my HTCs would always send text messages to my best friend IN ALL CAPS! No matter how I typed it.... And sent it, it would change to all CAPS on both my end and his AFTER I sent it....

Talk about a stupidphone....

Old 02-08-2013, 08:12 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Android will tell me there's no WIFI present when I'm standing 5ft from an active working wireless router.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:15 PM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by VEETEN

Yep, this guy is a moron. He forgot to tell her to check to see if it had gas in it!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:28 PM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by Jigabop
hornitos. blanco is the clear one, repasado is the yellow/amberish looking one. difference is aging. repasado is aged a few months in oak barrels before bottled. blanco is bottled right from the still and how all 100% agave tequilas start out. (unless its something like tarantula that has sugars and color added)

hornitos is probably going to be your best budget brand. you likely won't find any aņejo tequilas at your local liquor store...they would be more at a specialty type liquor store like beverages and more, wine chateau, wine world, etc..

here is a clip from the tasting room talking about the angel tequila I recommended you...

http://www.damasana.com/angel/music/...taTomOct09.m3u
Aged a few months is not aged. Needs to be years, in double digits for good sipping tequilla. And I think it needs to be white oak (but not 100% certain).

Old 02-08-2013, 08:29 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i don't have that problem with my phone. i can be sitting out in my truck and still get wi-fi as long as my router is playing nice. sometimes my router hates allowing anything wireless connecting to it including my laptop at which point i usually have to reset it.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread