2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 03:47 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
Ahh... A good old Netgear! I loved mine... Very similar to yours, just a newer version. Only reason I got rid of mine was cause it wore out (6 computers with constant internet usage). Would've gotten another Netgear just like it but I needed a stronger signal router.
mine was probably wore out when one of the capacitors was going bad and i could here the router screaming at me. replaced capacitor and installed a heat sink and it is kind of back to normal . i like the the options it offer me. i haven't had a password on my wifi in the entire time i have owned it and no one has used my wifi without my permission .

Old 02-09-2013, 08:28 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
It knows she wants a fuel efficient car and is rebelling against her! Teenage trucks for ya

On a different topic, does anyone have any good tips or tricks for potty training dogs?

I've got 3 Chihuahua's and it's been a pain getting them trained. Tried puppy pads, they will **** and poop on it once, then they're done with the pad, they won't use it again......

What manly dogs!

Some people just never learn to quit when they're ahead.

My brother in law finally got his '03 Ram Hemi going after a rebuild, which failed, found crack in block, lots of metal in motor, etc... He bought a '04 Hemi, dropped it in, wouldn't start, wasn't getting gas. After pretty much a year of sitting he finally got it going, apparently it needed new injectors.

So life is good, got his truck going, got some cash and what does he do? Throws a joint out of the window of his truck, then gets pulled over. He was high as a kit. Had weed and meth on him, and just to make things worse he had 2 of his 3 kids with him...

A lot of cash on hand, but some was income tax money, but he was too high to know the difference and told the police it was all drug money, so his wife/kids are out of whatever tax money they had left.

Now, since the kids were in the truck with him the police collected hair samples to run tests on to determine whether or not to charge him with child endangerment.

The kids were returned to his wife, and she wasn't charged with anything as she wasn't with him in the vehicle, but not sure if she could be charged depending on the outcome of the tests...

Booked for drug trafficking, who knows what else. Child Endangerment charge could come too.

Looking like he could do 4 to 25 years in the slammer.
Thanks.

It really is a shame because when he's not letting the meth run him he's a great person. He'd give you the shirt off his back to help you out, wouldn't think twice about it.

Oh well I guess, he's gotten learn somehow. 6 months in drug rehab apparently didn't do it, although that was a few years ago now....

A good lawyer a probably beat the trafficing charge,wth proofthat it was income tax money. Being high one is hardly responsible for what one ays, expecially if cops ask leading questions. Hope niterview was recorded. But that will also depend on how much he had on him. But this may alo require him to plea on the possession. And reahab is seldom a one shot deal before it is successful. (hint: a public pretender is NOT a good lawyer...)

Hope it woks out.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:04 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
mine was probably wore out when one of the capacitors was going bad and i could here the router screaming at me. replaced capacitor and installed a heat sink and it is kind of back to normal . i like the the options it offer me. i haven't had a password on my wifi in the entire time i have owned it and no one has used my wifi without my permission .
Was it a capacitor? Wow! Mine had that terrible "screaming" noise too!

My new router checks the MAC address AND hostname of the connecting device, and if they aren't on my list it kicks them off. Better than WEP or WPA!

Old 02-09-2013, 09:21 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

ya. capacitor was bulging and making a lot of noise. got my brother-in-law to fix it. i also noticed it got warm so i found the chip that got the hottest and stuck a small stick on heat sink that i pulled off a dead motherboard. so far so good.

yup. if your mac address is not on my list you are not getting on. i also do not broadcast SSID so it makes things easier to keep safe. i found it impossible to put a password on the wifi that i would be able to remember so i was glad i was able to keep it secure other ways.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:49 AM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking at the tech section..... there are 5 trans threads going on right now. wtf is up with that? very very annoying. theyre all users ive never seen before, so theyre probly noobs... WHY CANT PEOPLE SEARCH?!?!?!?!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:42 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was expecting to have my State Refund in my bank this morning, nope, it's not there.

WTF!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Was expecting to have my State Refund in my bank this morning, nope, it's not there.

WTF!
See, typical poor person at tax time.

WHERE'S MAH MONEY!!! I NEEDS TO BUY SHOES FO' MAH BAY-BAHZ!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:56 AM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
See, typical poor person at tax time.

WHERE'S MAH MONEY!!! I NEEDS TO BUY SHOES FO' MAH BAY-BAHZ!

Yup, that's how tax time works. They say it'll be in your account on X day and X day comes around and it's not there you get pissy.

Shoes? Maybe I'm going to get some hookers and blow! Actually I wouldn't mind a joint right now

Old 02-10-2013, 10:27 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Yup, that's how tax time works. They say it'll be in your account on X day and X day comes around and it's not there you get pissy.

Shoes? Maybe I'm going to get some hookers and blow! Actually I wouldn't mind a joint right now
I can be there in about 45 mins.....

Old 02-10-2013, 10:28 AM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I can be there in about 45 mins.....
Hell yea! I'll get the Pink Floyd ready

Last edited by stewie01; 02-10-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread