2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blindsided
I almost feel bad for them, pretty wild.
Terrorist!!!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
bit overkill using hellfire II missiles on single man targets...they got raped hard though!

Originally Posted by blindsided
I almost feel bad for them, pretty wild.
I don't feel bad for them at all...They have zero respect for human life, they **** on the rules of engagement, and they don't care who they hurt, as long as they get to hurt americans.

They are so twisted that they hijack planes full of civilians and crash them into densely populated civilian buildings (9/11/01) just for the same of killing americans.

At least we prove that we are better than them by not attacking unarmed or civilian targets...

Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie

Where did you find that?!! Thats the note my mom left me when i was still living with her. I got ashley pregnant and married. Then i got her pregnant again less than a year later and my mom asked "why so soon?" I said "i dont know i use a condom everytime. I take one down from the cork board and pin another one up just like u showed me!"

Attached Thumbnails The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread-382292_10151390928834431_496880851_n.jpg  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Jigabop
Champion

you wonder why taxes are so high?! each one of those hellfire II missiles they fired off in that video was a bare minimum of $68,000 each. cost ranges from $68,000-$98,000 EACH MISSILE!

special forces can't handle one or two ground guys? they can sneak up and use any of the various sniper systems at the military's disposal...

Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
you wonder why taxes are so high?! each one of those hellfire II missiles they fired off in that video was a bare minimum of $68,000 each. cost ranges from $68,000-$98,000 EACH MISSILE!

special forces can't handle one or two ground guys? they can sneak up and use any of the various sniper systems at the military's disposal...
They can handle them but the helicopters were there, it makes sense to use them since they were available.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

The choppers also have a rotary cannon mounted under the chin..... I think bullets are cheaper than missiles, and just as effective against soft targets..... not quite the light show though I suppose....

Old 02-06-2013, 10:05 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well the one chopper said they were out of 30mm ammo.. Did anyone else see the horse or camel (whatever is was) taking a dump shortly before it was blown up?

Old 02-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Rebel541
Professional

Old 02-07-2013, 02:23 AM
tired old man
Veteran

I'm glad you like my posts. I really like telling my stories and most of them have enough truth in them to make them believable to most folks.

I just wish I could figure a way to make money with them.

Back when I was in junior high school I wrote a novelette that's sort of a novel but shorter. It was a science fiction piece. I put a lot of time into it. I invented a special lingo for most of the characters based on English but with planet specific colloquialisms.

I was carrying it around in a three ring binder and would work on it when I had time at school. One day my English teacher saw me working on it instead of the homework she had just assigned and asked to see it. She flipped through a few pages and asked if it was a book or something. I said yes, it was something but probably not a book just a story I was making up.

She asked if she could take it home to read. I told her it was OK with me so long as she did not grade me on the spelling. She assured me she wouldn't. When she brought it back the next day she had taken a red pen to it pretty severely. She said the sentence structure was appalling. I said that's just how those people talk.

When she managed to wrap her head around that she was OK with it I guess. Then she pointed out some of the colloquialisms I had made up and how poorly they were spelled. I said well linguistic drift will get you every the time.

She asked what I intended to do with the manuscript. I told her I was planning to send it to the folks at Amazing Stories magazine to see if they would print it. I figured I might make a few dollars if they did.

This was on Friday and she asked to take it home over the weekend so she could try to type it up for me on her snazzy new electric typewriter so I could submit it to a publisher. I said its not quite finished. She said I had actually pretty well finished it a dozen or so pages before I had stopped writing and showed me how and where.

So she edited it and typed it up nice and neat and I sent it off.

The people at Amazing Stories sent the whole thing back {which they never do} with a note inside that pretty much said “Kid,... learn how to tell a story and try again later.” It also said it was way to long for them to print as far as they were concerned they only wanted short stories not an encyclopedia like my story would have been.

So I made copies packaged them up and sent it to a few other publishers. The other publishers did not send anything back. They just sent me letters that were almost carbon copies of the first.

Well, I had subscriptions to all of those magazines and the next year one of them printed my story almost word for word. There was a bunch of sex thrown and the characters names were changed but the basic story and all the oddball words I had my aliens using were there just as I spelled them. One of their staff writers had the credit for the piece. I got nothing.

Sometimes I still sit here typing away at another of my worthless stories and wonder why I bother. Maybe after I die my kid will be able to make a few bucks off at least one of them.

Last edited by tired old man; 02-07-2013 at 02:35 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:27 AM
renardk764
Veteran

Lots of online epub guys out there. If you'd like, I have a contact that may be able to set you up.

Originally Posted by tired old man
I'm glad you like my posts. I really like telling my stories and most of them have enough truth in them to make them believable to most folks.

I just wish I could figure a way to make money with them.

Back when I was in junior high school I wrote a novelette that's sort of a novel but shorter. It was a science fiction piece. I put a lot of time into it. I invented a special lingo for most of the characters based on English but with planet specific colloquialisms.

I was carrying it around in a three ring binder and would work on it when I had time at school. One day my English teacher saw me working on it instead of the homework she had just assigned and asked to see it. She flipped through a few pages and asked if it was a book or something. I said yes, it was something but probably not a book just a story I was making up.

She asked if she could take it home to read. I told her it was OK with me so long as she did not grade me on the spelling. She assured me she wouldn't. When she brought it back the next day she had taken a red pen to it pretty severely. She said the sentence structure was appalling. I said that's just how those people talk.

When she managed to wrap her head around that she was OK with it I guess. Then she pointed out some of the colloquialisms I had made up and how poorly they were spelled. I said well linguistic drift will get you every the time.

She asked what I intended to do with the manuscript. I told her I was planning to send it to the folks at Amazing Stories magazine to see if they would print it. I figured I might make a few dollars if they did.

This was on Friday and she asked to take it home over the weekend so she could try to type it up for me on her snazzy new electric typewriter so I could submit it to a publisher. I said its not quite finished. She said I had actually pretty well finished it a dozen or so pages before I had stopped writing and showed me how and where.

So she edited it and typed it up nice and neat and I sent it off.

The people at Amazing Stories sent the whole thing back {which they never do} with a note inside that pretty much said “Kid,... learn how to tell a story and try again later.” It also said it was way to long for them to print as far as they were concerned they only wanted short stories not an encyclopedia like my story would have been.

So I made copies packaged them up and sent it to a few other publishers. The other publishers did not send anything back. They just sent me letters that were almost carbon copies of the first.

Well, I had subscriptions to all of those magazines and the next year one of them printed my story almost word for word. There was a bunch of sex thrown and the characters names were changed but the basic story and all the oddball words I had my aliens using were there just as I spelled them. One of their staff writers had the credit for the piece. I got nothing.

Sometimes I still sit here typing away at another of my worthless stories and wonder why I bother. Maybe after I die my kid will be able to make a few bucks off at least one of them.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread