2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 05:27 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

I think I knew that....Here's mine. I just picked up an SS hood today for...$50!!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice

have you done the strut tower brace yet?

if not: do it! hotchkiss performance makes the one I had.

definitely improved handling in the car. eliminated most of the body roll.

I was going to do subframe connectors next...but I sold it after that ticket lol.

the truck is faster than the z28 acceleration wise from a rolling start, but that's about it...out of the hole the z28 was faster, and undisputed faster for top speed...hypertech programmer I had disabled the speed governor and raised the RPM governor a bit. (as well as tuned it similar to your SCT tuners)

fastest time at the track was a 14.1 sec 1/4 mile. I forget what the trap speed was, but I remember it being triple digits. those cars definitely do better in colder air. outside temp change made a difference in my times at the strip.

it was 90+* out the day I did a 14.1....I was runnin 14.4 - 14.7 all day long.

soon as the sun went down and the temp dropped about 20* outside, it ran a 14.1 that same day at the track. best RT was .103 or something like that..

the tree was set up to do 3 yellows before green...each yellow is like half second. so with that car being a manual..I dropped the clutch and punched it on 2nd yellow. by the time it gets rolling its already green. gives a nice RT

trick is getting that baby to launch hard without breaking loose which i found 2500rpm launches to be about the best spot to dump the clutch when the tires were hot. any more than that would shake the tires loose which costs you time. also learned to shift at about 5200rpm...don't take it to redline. shifting early kept it in the peak of its powerband for torque and it would bark the tires every shift and shave tenths of a second off your times.

Last edited by Jigabop; 04-05-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Jigabop
Champion

never did get it to 5th while racing. I just wrapped 4th to redline as you were across the finish line by the time it got to redline.

2 weeks after the track its cat got so plugged it couldn't hold freeway speeds...

thats when I did the larger y-pipe and high flow cat...

never did get it back to the track after that, but my guess is it would have broken into the high 13's with that mod as it was a lot more powerful after getting that restriction out of there..

Old 04-05-2013, 07:02 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya'll know whats really interesting? Gravity. The Earth is round, yet everything seems flat, cept hills and mountains, shiat like that....

Makes ya wonder....

Old 04-05-2013, 07:06 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Ya'll know whats really interesting? Gravity. The Earth is round, yet everything seems flat, cept hills and mountains, shiat like that....

Makes ya wonder....

Makes me wonder what you are smokin' today.....

Old 04-05-2013, 08:07 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

its not a Virginia Slim...

i contemplated gravity one time for several minutes.

i was up on the ladder painting and had the base of the ladder kicked out too far so the ladder would fit over the AC compressor and under the window. I knew it was wrong but stubbornly did it anyway. I trotted up the ladder to paint on the window and the base kicked out.

i rode the ladder faithfully downwards expecting to go all the way to the ground, and forgetting that the AC compressor was waiting for my arrival. it was a helluva sudden stop and as i lay on the ground in a puddle of paint and with no air in my lungs, i contemplated the power of gravity, as well as the length of time that it takes to regain your breath.

the moral of the story is - always pin your ladder to the ground with a set of horseshoe pegs....

Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^^That's an absolute WTF for sure. Couldn't stop myself from reading that thread once I started. lol. The guy definitely gets an A+ for "creative engineering".

Old 04-05-2013, 11:25 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
its not a Virginia Slim...

i contemplated gravity one time for several minutes.

i was up on the ladder painting and had the base of the ladder kicked out too far so the ladder would fit over the AC compressor and under the window. I knew it was wrong but stubbornly did it anyway. I trotted up the ladder to paint on the window and the base kicked out.

i rode the ladder faithfully downwards expecting to go all the way to the ground, and forgetting that the AC compressor was waiting for my arrival. it was a helluva sudden stop and as i lay on the ground in a puddle of paint and with no air in my lungs, i contemplated the power of gravity, as well as the length of time that it takes to regain your breath.

the moral of the story is - always pin your ladder to the ground with a set of horseshoe pegs....

I was about 20' up on a ladder cutting out temporary wiring for worklights used for a plant electrical service upgrade...in a flour mill. The guys that did not speak English would not hold base of ladder so I went up anyway. Ever been in a flour mill? The dust makes everything slicker that greased owl stuff! Needless to say, I came tumbling down. When I regained consciousness while putting me in the ambulance, I saw my brother with tears in his eyes. I asked what the heck his problem was, I was the one that was hurt. When I came back to work with a cast on my arm, plant manager made me promise not to hurt those idiots...

I think that was the only time I contemplated gravity!

On another topic(s) - Mowed yard again today. And trying to do taxes tonight while watching the Mavericks play. Planning on going to the 12th Annual Lone Star Car Show here in Austin tomorrow. Some at the office were complaining today about all the cars and trailers at Jesse James' Outlaw Garage today! Show should be good! http://lonestarroundup.com/

Old 04-06-2013, 03:09 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
I think I gave you that nickname.
No, jigabop did :P

Yesterday was quite the day. Came out and ALL 4 rear tires on the Ford - FLAT! After getting them all off, I pulled the drums off, and found on the one side I've got a leaking axle seal and the other has a leaking brake cylinder. So then I went to fill the tires, and guess what else happened - my air compressor died! So I had to borrow a neighbours air compressor. Now I'm on the search for a good air compressor...

Old 04-06-2013, 03:20 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Probably just a poorly cast part to begin with. That edge of the piston never sees fluid, at least... it shouldn't.....

No need to remove the piston if you are going to replace the caliper. But, if you REALLY wanna get it out, put the other piston in, hold it in place with a c-clamp, and use compressed air to blow the other one out. (don't be in the line of fire though..... and don't ask how I know that.....)
Sorry HeyYou, but I just HAD to ask... How do you know?

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread