2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Wheeling a fullsize

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
It was. I giggled the whole way home.
I'm picturing HeyYou hahah jk! --

Originally Posted by corbo1962
[I can go anywhere in these tires.... I don't have pics of the deepest stuff I pushed, but they were over the tire.]Quote

Are you still running 35's. These look bigger! Nice pics, bet it was a fun day.
Yeah, they grew up to Toyo 37s. I'm wanting to see how soon I'll break my 3 yr old ujoints and unit bearing and....

We are going this Saturday with the whole family to sled, snowshoe, XC ski, etc. BBQ and all that good mellow stuff. This trip I just did was a scouting run.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:29 PM
corbo1962
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Awesome, 37's make a big difference. I know you must be very pleased with them. They sure took my truck to a different level of traction in the loose stuff. What gears are you running?

Old 03-04-2014, 10:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,262 Likes on 3,009 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
I'm picturing HeyYou hahah jk! --

Yeah, they grew up to Toyo 37s. I'm wanting to see how soon I'll break my 3 yr old ujoints and unit bearing and....

We are going this Saturday with the whole family to sled, snowshoe, XC ski, etc. BBQ and all that good mellow stuff. This trip I just did was a scouting run.
Pretty much. I can only wish I was that cute though.

Attached Thumbnails Wheeling a fullsize-giggling-girl.jpg  
Old 03-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion

Hahhaha HeyYou.

I'm still rocking my factory 4.10s. I did give them some help in a few ways: Changed up the camshaft to an R/T (thanks Merc) and M1 intake (thanks Merc) both about 3 years ago now and placed my tuner setting to run on Tow Performance. Never had it on that before and it's quite different. I'm easy on it.....for now. Getting close to the proper axles and gears though.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:27 AM
corbo1962
Veteran

Low Range with the modes you made probably give you plenty of power. I sure like the way your ORE looks and the articulation you get out of it. Cuddos! There were delay issues in them sending me the borgensen steering box, so I canceled it. I called Redhead and spoke with them a few days ago and think that is the route I'll go. I'll probably order it on Thursday. Which ratio would you think would be best. The 15:1 or the 18:1?

Last edited by corbo1962; 03-05-2014 at 05:33 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion

Thanks for the compliments from a fellow ORE'er.

Btw -- I think you should change your sig/details to say Ram ORE 1-ton-er! (since you swapped already)

I definitely like the how the truck moves in the snow with this combination. When it dries up for the trails....I may not like it.

As for the Redhead....wow, when I called I wasn't provided a choice on the steering ratio. Just gave them year, make, model and I'm very happy with mine. If it helps any (and I'd like to know), then my Item# is 2869 3T (from my invoice). Ask them what that one is relative to the ratio. I'd like to know....

Thanks

Old 03-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion

Originally Posted by tincan57
Great shots, this is the first I've seen snow this deep (if you look at some of the photos, notice the parking signs in relationship to the drifts).

So with snow this deep and you are in the lead, is it 4 hi or 4 lo that you run in? I always scratch my head at some of Merc's photos with the amount of snow in the photos (so I can understand the tall lifts).

Thanks for sharing. K.
Missed your post.

It's really dependent on the conditions. This also assumes your CAD works w/o issue. I say that b/c I haven't had any challenges changing up the tcase position whereas I've read here on occasion that some people do.

Conditions that will impact your choice are grade, compaction, ice, holes, and bumps etc. Aired down or not.

In the conditions I showed in the pictures, it's a mix of 4hi and 4lo. The larger tires with 4lo makes my travel much faster relative to stock. Stock tires and 4lo might be too slow and patience might bite ya resulting in wheel breaking loose/spin = no traction. Therefore 4hi with attention to throttle is may work best.

Watch your engine temp at all times. No I have not overheated, but you certainly can get there pretty damn quick! Dual efans gives me relief.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Hahhaha HeyYou.

I'm still rocking my factory 4.10s. I did give them some help in a few ways: Changed up the camshaft to an R/T (thanks Merc) and M1 intake (thanks Merc) both about 3 years ago now and placed my tuner setting to run on Tow Performance. Never had it on that before and it's quite different. I'm easy on it.....for now. Getting close to the proper axles and gears though.
How do you like the M1 intake? I've got two choices that I've got to make relatively soon - fix my plenum or get an M1.

My next two upgrades that will most likely help out as well in the trails are a new steering box (redhead or Borgensen) and dual fans. My stock steering box is begging to be retired

Old 03-05-2014, 05:57 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,262 Likes on 3,009 Posts

Go for the M1, install is a bit more straightfoward.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:32 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also make sure you can pass inspection with it.. I thinks nuckle can't pass the smog test with the M1, had to install the stock intake for the test...

Quick Reply: Wheeling a fullsize