2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Do you ever feel like giving up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Ryandodge2
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you ever feel like giving up!

Sometimes its so frustrating! Im 17 and i have had my truck since i was 15, its come so far i cant even believe it. I have put so much time and money into my truck and i love it, but sometimes i just feel like giving up!

About 2 weeks ago i put in dual 16'' e fans, but those are not keeping the truck cool enough, the temp will reach about 220 at a stop light then go back down while your driving like it should, so i probaly have to put the clutch fan back on even though i spend the money on the e fans. Plus i kinda cut up the stock shroud to put the efans, i mean it probaly wont be a big deal if i have to put the clutch back on..

then i just put a new radiater in, and while taking the old out, i broke the transmission line going into it, so i got a simple union, clamps and more tubing from the part store thinking it would fix it, but nope its leaking. on top of that after i got the radiater in i slipped trying to get my leg in the engine compartment and bent the top of the radiater a little bit, which isnt a big deal, just make me mad and left some good cuts on my leg!

And on top of that my air is shot, needs new everything, and living in vegas that sucks big time!

Old 07-11-2012, 12:16 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i never feel like giving up but there are some times i don't feel like working on my trucks and when that happens i stop if i can. you should see all the extra wires under the hood of my 81 that will just be sitting there until i feel motivated to hook them up.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Ryandodge2
Professional

Ya i feel ya on that one, its not really that i want to give up, its just that it frustrates me sometimes!

Old 07-11-2012, 07:31 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

hang in there. slow down and take your time with each step. try to minimize the number of things that go wrong.

i'm sure you already did this, but make sure your fans are both working, turning the correct way. check CFM rating. are they strong enough? what turns them on? are they coming on soon enough?

you can repair the ATF lines with ATF hose and clamps from any parts store. about $3 per foot. if the screw in nipple/barb thingy is broken, replace it with a plumbing barb.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:40 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

"Do you ever feel like giving up!"

Yes, but it has nothing to do with my truck. LOL

Old 07-11-2012, 06:13 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Hhmmm.....

I have MS.
I am soon to be booted out of my house. (was renting, owner filed bankruptcy)
The bank won't give me a loan to buy another. Even with a sub-300 dollar a month payment.... even though I have been paying 700 a month in rent the last five years.
None of the apartments around here will let me bring my dog.

Life is being truly interesting. But, my truck runs pretty good, so, I'm cool.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Ryandodge2
Professional

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
hang in there. slow down and take your time with each step. try to minimize the number of things that go wrong.

i'm sure you already did this, but make sure your fans are both working, turning the correct way. check CFM rating. are they strong enough? what turns them on? are they coming on soon enough?

you can repair the ATF lines with ATF hose and clamps from any parts store. about $3 per foot. if the screw in nipple/barb thingy is broken, replace it with a plumbing barb.
I know the fans are set up to pull, and i think the problem with the junction i bought is, its the right size, but it seemed a little loose.

Originally Posted by zman17
"Do you ever feel like giving up!"

Yes, but it has nothing to do with my truck. LOL
Haha i feel ya on that one!

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Hhmmm.....

I have MS.
The bank won't give me a loan to buy another. Even with a sub-300 dollar a month payment.... even though I have been paying 700 a month in rent the last five years.

Im sorry! i know my problems arent serious, more of just a venting session!

Old 07-11-2012, 08:10 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

It's all good. Life is just being its usual fun self for me.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:17 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your e-fans are big enough, it should do a good job of cooling. How are they controlled, and +1 on if they are coming on soon enough.

Do you know the CFM of the fans?

Old 07-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Hhmmm.....

I have MS.

Well at least your truck is a club cab, so you and the 28 other people living in your house right now should be able to live comfortably inside it

Quick Reply: Do you ever feel like giving up!