2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 09:22 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Same reason you have people join a forum and ask a question that Google could easily answer for them. It's the spoon fed mentality. Let someone else do the work for them.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:29 PM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been told since I was very young that ignorance can be cured with knowledge but stupid is for ever.

Einstein is credited with this quote “The only difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.”

Old 01-13-2015, 10:17 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Well, found out today that I have to move. Been living in a house, and the landlord lives out of town and they have a Realtor collect the rent every month. Well, the landlord is moving back, and legally, I have 30 days to get out. The Realtor says that the landlord said they would be flexible with the timeline for me, but gave no details, so I have to find that out and move! Fun fun fun!

Old 01-13-2015, 11:41 PM
tired old man
Veteran

Around 30 years ago I was renting a small farmette just outside of town. I was renting from the owner and mailing my rent checks directly to her bank.

One weekend some strangers pulled in the drive with two pickups, each pulling a U-Haul trailer full of stuff and told me to move out they were the new owners.

Luckily I didn't have much stuff so it was easy enough for me to pack up and get out of the house. My mom was still alive and didn't live to far away and I was able to move in with her. I had been keeping our 4 horses there too as part of the rental agreement and it was a bit tougher to get them relocated.

The gal I had been renting from was supposed to call me to tell me she had sold the place but just didn't want to break the bad news to me. Didn't want to hurt my feelings I guess.

The new owner allowed me to keep the horses there for the rest of the winter and even paid me for all the firewood I had cut and split for the winter.

He was even more pissed that the previous owner hadn't let me know the place was sold and that I had to get out than I was. They had closed on the deal something on the order of two months before they decided to move in.

They really thought I had been told butnever bothered to check. Personally I would have made the trip to seejust how bad the tenant had left things before loading up the truckand moving in.

Last edited by tired old man; 01-15-2015 at 03:38 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:03 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Also, figger 100 is the average IQ score, which implies 50% of people are below that.... scary thought.
To go a tad further but with an exponential increase in scare value: In our increasingly technological world there are a growing and already very large number of jobs for which average intelligence is nowhere near sufficient and the demand for truly qualified workers outstripped the supply a decade or longer ago. But those jobs are still being filled. Most of them are in engineering, meaning that the products upon which we depend for our quality of life and often enough life itself are being designed by subpar engineers.

Be that as it may, take heart: Engineers are far less lethal than doctors and nurses. Then again, so are drunk drivers. Preventable harm in the health care industry kills about 400,000 Americans every year. That's more than a thousand deaths per day, every day. About the only thing that kills more people is the US military and other agencies acting militarily like the CIA, mercenaries (er, uh, "civilian contractors"), and so on, which average about a half million (mostly non-Americans) per year. Drunk drivers kill only about 10,000 per year.

It's actually less than 50% who are below average, and likewise less than 50% who are above average, because the mean in that Gaussian distribution has a non-zero population. It seems a good reason to question the viability of democracy, either way. A politrickster doesn't have to convince even one smart person to vote for him because the majority he needs to win the election are those from the peak of the curve leftward.

Last edited by UnregisteredUser; 01-14-2015 at 12:06 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:52 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
To go a tad further but with an exponential increase in scare value: In our increasingly technological world there are a growing and already very large number of jobs for which average intelligence is nowhere near sufficient and the demand for truly qualified workers outstripped the supply a decade or longer ago. But those jobs are still being filled. Most of them are in engineering, meaning that the products upon which we depend for our quality of life and often enough life itself are being designed by subpar engineers.

Be that as it may, take heart: Engineers are far less lethal than doctors and nurses. Then again, so are drunk drivers. Preventable harm in the health care industry kills about 400,000 Americans every year. That's more than a thousand deaths per day, every day. About the only thing that kills more people is the US military and other agencies acting militarily like the CIA, mercenaries (er, uh, "civilian contractors"), and so on, which average about a half million (mostly non-Americans) per year. Drunk drivers kill only about 10,000 per year.

It's actually less than 50% who are below average, and likewise less than 50% who are above average, because the mean in that Gaussian distribution has a non-zero population. It seems a good reason to question the viability of democracy, either way. A politrickster doesn't have to convince even one smart person to vote for him because the majority he needs to win the election are those from the peak of the curve leftward.

Having just been through the public school system in VA a couple years ago and now in college i can tell you it prepares you in no way for higher education, or even very well in just getting a blue collar job.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:46 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Having just been through the public school system in VA a couple years ago and now in college i can tell you it prepares you in no way for { ... }
Any damn thing at all, really. Public schools in this country are embarrassing. High school graduates walk away from their commencement exercises with diplomas but disturbingly little education, and it's not their fault that they're uneducated -- they've learned well what they were taught. There's just no real need in the adult world for highly practiced test takers.

I could go on at length, but there's this other guy who says it better so I'll let him go on about it at length if this is a topic that interests you. You'll not miss anything if you skip to 08:35:

Old 01-14-2015, 05:39 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally got this NV4500 thing figured out.

Awesome stuff coming soon hehehehehe

Old 01-14-2015, 08:44 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star

I was looking a local website here that a sales listing website and there's a wrecked 3/4 cummins with no motor, trans, or transfer in it. The rest of the truck is in good condition. Ad says no rust or dents on any body parts but the framed is tweaked a bit in the passenger front. My truck bed around the wheel wells is starting to gain cancer and since the cummins is a3/4 ton, I see a Dana 60 for grabs (still tossing that idea around) and a bed (would have to be repianted to match). The person wants $1800 for the rest of the truck. Is it worth getting the truck or just doing body work instead?

Old 01-14-2015, 08:55 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Blue,
I would say it is worth getting the truck. You'd end up with the axles and good body parts. Repainting is a lot cheaper than having rust cut out and new sheet metal put back in.

Quick Reply: The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread