2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

College Gameday is coming to VT

Old 08-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Saw this on the way home tonight.

There was no rolling coal involved, but by the look of the back of the cab, maybe it rolls oil...
Either way, not appealing to me.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,273 Likes on 3,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Spillage
Saw this on the way home tonight.

There was no rolling coal involved, but by the look of the back of the cab, maybe it rolls oil...
Either way, not appealing to me.
He obviously needs to run that stack up just a tad higher.....

Or, maybe, he just hates his paint.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:07 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

Well I'm back sort of. My computer crashed on me last week and I couldn't get it to restart. Ended up taking it over to my sons house on Saturday. Was going over there for my grandsons 1st Birthday party too. So after the party we worked on my computer and found out the motherboard was bad. Well he had an extra case and motherboard so we swapped parts from my case to the new one. But because we were going from a intel processor to a AMD windows wouldn't start. So ended up loading a copy of Windows 7 that he had but it is Windows professional and my key is for Home Premium. So right now I am waiting to see if he can find his key. If not I am going to wipe the version of windows we installed and try to use my recovery disc to install Windows 7 Home that I have.
Anyhow I will be here off and on while I try to get this all working again. Once I get a good registered copy of Windows 7 then I can work on moving all my documents and favorites and stuff over to the new hard drive. I sure hate it when all this type of stuff happens. I was just starting to buy parts to build a new tower too.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:39 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

If it is simply 'recovery media', and not a full windows installation disk, it isn't going to help, as it will be expecting the original MB/Processor......

Old 08-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

HeyYou,
Now why did you have to go and shoot holes in my idea!!!!! Yep it is just the recovery discs not the full install disk. Guess I am just going to have to buy a copy of Windows 7. Just another thing cutting into my engine rebuild funds. But what are you going to do? I gots to have me a computor!!

Old 08-12-2015, 12:28 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
HeyYou,
Now why did you have to go and shoot holes in my idea!!!!! Yep it is just the recovery discs not the full install disk. Guess I am just going to have to buy a copy of Windows 7. Just another thing cutting into my engine rebuild funds. But what are you going to do? I gots to have me a computor!!
Sorry man. It's what I do for a livin', sorta.....

If you know someone going to university/college, have them check their bookstore. Might be able to get Win7 pro for like 25 bucks.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:34 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Wildman,
If it were me, I'd try to find the Windows 7 Home ISO online, download it and burn it. I'd then use it to install Windows 7 Home on your computer, but use the Windows Product Key off your old computer. If it doesn't work, you may have to call Microsoft, but they should let you do it. I do a lot of computer repair and custom computer building on the side, and I've had to call Microsoft numerous times about replacing a motherboard in an OEM computer (such as Dell or HP) and re-using the old product key. Generally, they just want an explanation of what you are doing and why and they let you do it. It's worth a shot.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:35 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could install Linux for free! lol

Old 08-12-2015, 10:55 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

HeyYou, Glad you said something before I tried using the recovery discs

JGG, Great minds think a like! I already downloaded a copy of Windows 7 and have it burned to a disc. Going to try it out tomorrow. I also ordered a disc off Ebay with no key just in case.

Stewie, Me Linux? It's like my son trying to tell me to switch to Chrome instead of Explorer. I'm a Netscape/Explorer guy. I cut my teeth on them and before that DOS. Kinda hard to switch now. Remember 5 1/4" disc's and when they came out with 100mb zip drive? Thought we had the storage issue licked. I'm showing my age ain't I.

Quick Reply: The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread