2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 11:27 AM
clipper77
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6 inches by Boston.

Nothing compared to last winter!

Old 01-24-2016, 12:14 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The Official 2016 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Once you get down to some visible asphalt the sun does a pretty good job.

Just waiting for the plow to come by so I don't have to put on chains.

And I'd say we ended up close to the 16" to 18" mark, released snow totals seem a bit low.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:06 PM
tired old man
Veteran

We used to have that snow depth discrepancy all the time. The official snow or rain depth was recorded at the county airport and was usually quit a bit different than the DNR's reading at the ranger station a mile or so away.

Neither of these 'official' readings had much to do with what was actually in your back yard.

After one storm I was out with my jeep plowing snow, I measured 26 and 1/2" inches pretty much everywhere I went in town. The airport only measured 17 and 3/4" the ranger station came in at 15 and 1/4"

Old 01-26-2016, 09:13 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
We've gotten around 1' here in Fredericksburg, more to the north, still snowing, perhaps another 6-8" today...
Originally Posted by Ham Bone
We wound up with about a foot. Main roads are clear, back roads still pretty bad.

It's supposed to warm up today so ittl melt some then it will all freeze into a sheet of ice tonight.
Originally Posted by stewie01
Once you get down to some visible asphalt the sun does a pretty good job.

Just waiting for the plow to come by so I don't have to put on chains.

And I'd say we ended up close to the 16" to 18" mark, released snow totals seem a bit low.

No pictures of the blizzard o century?

Old 01-26-2016, 05:37 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
No pictures of the blizzard o century?
I was rather disappointed with the snowfall for Fredericksburg, we ended up around 16", areas just 35-40 miles to the north saw 2'+, some areas saw over 3'.

Few pics I took:

Name:  20160123_073113_zpspuhfzbfh.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  218.8 KB

Name:  20160123_160524_zpswxprnjsu.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  232.3 KB

Getting into the yard at work on Monday was a pain in the a@@:

Name:  20160125_043055_zpsfkoiqn0w.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  249.4 KB

Name:  20160125_152728_zpsbqi1xosv.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  351.0 KB

Old 01-29-2016, 09:34 PM
stewie01
Legend

A VDOT SSP operator was hit today on I66 near Rt. 29.

He was on the shoulder assisting a motorist with a flat tire, the 3 of them were standing on the shoulder by the vehicle when an oncoming truck left the lane and crashed into the vehicles.

The truck hit the VDOT truck which sent it into the SSP and the 2 people he was helping.

Serious but non life threatening injuries are reported.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:05 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great pics Stewie with exception of the accident. That sucks. Glad injuries not life threatening. How does freak things like that happen, you know?

Old 01-30-2016, 07:40 PM
tired old man
Veteran

Last week it got good an cold here. I saw -4 on my indoor outdoor thermometer. So since it was that cold the furnace blower went out. The motor has a date stamp on it of Feb 77 on it so I guess it was time for it to go.

I dug out the electric heaters and put a big pan of water on the stove to try and heat things up. It had gotten down to 40 degrees in here. The wife took off to the kids house while I hammered on the furnace.

I got the motor freed up and working again but it squealed and buzzed a lot. So, I went online to find a replacement. I found plenty but the price was a little steep. Finally I ordered a 'universal' replacement motor at Home Depot for what I figured was an acceptable price. The thing is the soonest it would get here was a week away.

So, I called all the furnace guys in the area and none of them had a motor on hand. Finally my younger brother found me a whole motor and fan shroud that worked fine. I decided that since the fan shroud did not quite fit the furnace I should move the motor to my original housing.

I messed up the motor somehow. It did run but made almost as much noise as the original. Then the new motor finally showed up. It did not fit the motor holder from the original housing but the one from my brother did fit.

I ended up putting the too small one with the new motor in the furnace. It sure is nice to set the thermostat and have it agree with the thermometer in her now.

The new motor has a capacitor on it and is three speed. The original was only one speed and had no cap. I worried that I wouldn't wire it right but there are two wires that have spade lugs on them and they are the ones that the cap go on. I picked the medium speed wire of the three speeds and wired that into the furnace.

It blows plenty of air out the registers even tho the hole where the fan housing fits is not quite covered. I have an old microwave somewhere in the garage that I will cut some tin off and fill the hole with once I find it.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

It was almost 50 here today....... (Fahrenheit....) Not exactly what one would expect for the end of January, in Michigan.... Supposed to be warmer tomorrow..... and rain.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:28 AM
bargeman
Professional

Originally Posted by tired old man
Last week it got good an cold here. I saw -4 on my indoor outdoor thermometer. So since it was that cold the furnace blower went out. The motor has a date stamp on it of Feb 77 on it so I guess it was time for it to go.

I dug out the electric heaters and put a big pan of water on the stove to try and heat things up. It had gotten down to 40 degrees in here. The wife took off to the kids house while I hammered on the furnace.

I got the motor freed up and working again but it squealed and buzzed a lot. So, I went online to find a replacement. I found plenty but the price was a little steep. Finally I ordered a 'universal' replacement motor at Home Depot for what I figured was an acceptable price. The thing is the soonest it would get here was a week away.

So, I called all the furnace guys in the area and none of them had a motor on hand. Finally my younger brother found me a whole motor and fan shroud that worked fine. I decided that since the fan shroud did not quite fit the furnace I should move the motor to my original housing.

I messed up the motor somehow. It did run but made almost as much noise as the original. Then the new motor finally showed up. It did not fit the motor holder from the original housing but the one from my brother did fit.

I ended up putting the too small one with the new motor in the furnace. It sure is nice to set the thermostat and have it agree with the thermometer in her now.

The new motor has a capacitor on it and is three speed. The original was only one speed and had no cap. I worried that I wouldn't wire it right but there are two wires that have spade lugs on them and they are the ones that the cap go on. I picked the medium speed wire of the three speeds and wired that into the furnace.

It blows plenty of air out the registers even tho the hole where the fan housing fits is not quite covered. I have an old microwave somewhere in the garage that I will cut some tin off and fill the hole with once I find it.
Nice story....How long did your wife stay at the kids house?

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread