2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 02:08 PM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few years ago now my neighbor bought a Prius. He died a few months later. It was decided that his wife should move to Florida to live with their daughter. I was asked to drive her down and fly back.

I have to admit the car drove just fine, easily went the speed limit and did not fail at all. It got right around 60 MPG on the trip. My motorcycle doesn't do quite that well.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:21 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Originally Posted by tired old man
A few years ago now my neighbor bought a Prius. He died a few months later. It was decided that his wife should move to Florida to live with their daughter. I was asked to drive her down and fly back.

I have to admit the car drove just fine, easily went the speed limit and did not fail at all. It got right around 60 MPG on the trip. My motorcycle doesn't do quite that well.
Probably didn't cost as much either.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:50 PM
98Ramboy
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but I would definitely consider owning that new Tesla

Old 12-30-2017, 09:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by 98Ramboy
I don't know about you guys, but I would definitely consider owning that new Tesla
I would rather spend the money on something that doesn't have to sit and charge overnight, so I could drive it again the next day.... The 'long range' version is about 60K........

Old 12-31-2017, 08:15 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Ramboy
The semi or the roadster? I recently read Musk is proceeding with a hatchback for the Model Y (something many people have been demanding, myself included) and will follow with a pickup.

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I would rather spend the money on something that doesn't have to sit and charge overnight, so I could drive it again the next day.... The 'long range' version is about 60K........
Tesla vehicles have a minimum range of 250 miles on a battery charge. That's about three or four days of driving if used conservatively as a daily driver. You need to break out of your old ways and think different. I'd love to own a vehicle I could drive back and forth to work that I plug in each evening to stay topped off. The future is now, and we're living in a paradigm shift.

Last edited by Gary-L; 12-31-2017 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:57 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gary-L
The semi or the roadster? I recently read Musk is proceeding with a hatchback for the Model Y (something many people have been demanding, myself included) and will follow with a pickup.

Tesla vehicles have a minimum range of 250 miles on a battery charge. That's about three or four days of driving if used conservatively as a daily driver. You need to break out of your old ways and think different. I'd love to own a vehicle I could drive back and forth to work that I plug in each evening to stay topped off. The future is now, and we're living in a paradigm shift.
I am just a luddite.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:00 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I am just a luddite.
Is that a synonym for "old and cranky"?

Old 12-31-2017, 09:02 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Is that a synonym for "old and cranky"?
Why yes, yes it is.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:48 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

Do you hate the actual car, or do you hate the smug type who buys the car? They're good vehicles for a daily driver provided a majority of the driving is in the city. I know a guy who has a first gen Pruis (real estate agent) and he has close to 200K on it. He says it runs like a champ and he recently gutted the leather interior from a comparable Prius that was wrecked. It's like BMWs -- great cars but a majority of the owners are ******.
I'd say it is both. I have no use for most of the tree hugging libtards who drive a Prius but I also don't like the car it self. But to be honest I am not much of a car person either. I like some sports cars and performance cars but I have always owned trucks and prefer a truck any day over a car.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:27 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Here, here. You couldn't give me a twin turbo gas, mds gas, direct injection, emissions diesel, hybrid, or electric vehicle. Vehicles with real motors died in 2008. No one asked for them, no one needs them. Just more communism at work.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread