2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

LT Headers+Y-Pipe in..I feel I lost some torque?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:23 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LT Headers+Y-Pipe in..I feel loss of torque..wtf?

I would say definitely reset the pcm. After I drove about 200 miles with my true dual system my check engine light came on, which I thought it would, and ran kind of rough for a bit. I reset the pcm the next day and everything was good so maybe it will help for you as well. Oh and by the way, the headers sound great. It sounds really loud inside the truck; I need to make mine that loud inside. I can't wait to hear some more clips and see some pics of the setup. Hopefully some of your low end will come back too. I wonder how LT's would be with my true duals?

Old 01-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Make sure you tightened the battery terminal back down tight enough. Sounds like it might be loose. Same thing happened to my friend after he put a new head unit in.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:37 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Well got some better news. Went back out determined tonight to make these headers work. I did two 0-60 runs. The first one I mashed it again and the truck went practically sideways for 3-4 seconds and then finally got traction and was just really grose and the tranny was all over the place again. Then I thought maybe I should let it roll a little bit before I mash it. So I shot another video and let it roll a second so it wouldnt peel out and then I floored it, and she shifted right on cue, and it got right up to speed, I am happy with the results. My torque isn't the same as it used to be, but at least it shifts accordingly now. I dont have as good as torque, but it does go faster past 60 now which is great. Sounds really loud too lol, but tomorrow I'll shoot some revving videos. Heres the video...not bad for a lifted truck with big tires, but I gotta tell ya, that 0-60 time seems weird...i always beat ppl on the street, but the fact im getting a 11 second 0-60 just doesnt seem right, seems so must damn faster in life

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6KTmJugj3SQ

Old 01-16-2008, 09:56 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

Not bad at all man. It sounds really good, and seems to accelerate really quick. I'm glad you're seeming a bit happier now after such an investment. It would suck to spend so much and be disappointed. Oh, it looked like your gas gauge was going down in the video too

Old 01-16-2008, 10:08 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Thanks dude. Idk though, I just hate watching the videos though. When I do that in life, man I feel like it's going so quick. I always waste other trucks and ****, but then when I count my 0-60 it looks like it takes FOREVER. The sound is very loud, I had my window cracked a little bit, but it was soo cold lmao! I can't wait to show everyone how this thing sounds revving up, starting up, etc.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:13 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

Looked pretty quick to me man; I can't wait to hear some revving, should be awesome.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:28 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

HAHA I know dude, can't wait to show everyone how she barks now. I just got to get some free time and a nice place where I won't get reported lol. I also need my brother to stop being a dodge hating *** and get his *** to tape my ****in' truck haha

Old 01-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So is it running better now, or still shutting off???

One thing you might want to check is to see if heat from those headers hasn't melted any vacuum or electical wires along their path. I've seen those installed, and the tolerances are very close. Wouldn't take much for a droopy hose or wire to touch them (or even just be too close) when they are hot and get burned through or melted. Could be the cause of your earlier issues. Maybe those issues have gone away though based on that last video.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:54 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hot damn i got the answer.... muffler bearing is not spinning as fast as the exhaust replace ASAP...

Old 01-17-2008, 12:57 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

ok, let me ask... has the pcm been reset since the install and how many miles since the rest? If the answer is yes and the miles are limited then the pcm hasnt gone thru it's relearn process and this thread is premature.

Quick Reply: LT Headers+Y-Pipe in..I feel I lost some torque?