2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How free is too free? (exhaust)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:39 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How free is too free? (exhaust)

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 01-24-2008, 11:40 PM
zddp8868
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok first of all i am indy's personal friend that has helped him work on his truck for a long time. Indy can attest to my car knowledge...i wont toot my own horn...well actually i will for 10 bucks

there is no such thing as calculating an exhaust. what did you do get a calculator and do some math problems? lol man come on. get real for a second here. tons have people have picked out parts for a custom exhaust... so ur saying uve calculated it so well that ur the loudest... what are u the world record holder now? lol ur living on fantasy island.

we were all oncewhere uare now. its no big deal, man. just take everything and learn from it. listen to real world experience, not magazines. i think part of the reason why people dont do things to their cars/trucks is because they are scared to do it. i'll tell u what the first time it was time to take my dash out and wire some **** up i was terrified. ask indy, he was there. (i still dont like wiring all that much!)

so ask the questions u need to ask, and help out ur non-car guy buddies, but don't think u know everything because u've "kind of sort of dabbled in" the area once or twice.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:42 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

here my saying : If you dont know what you are doing , maybe you shouldnt be doing it..

Old 01-24-2008, 11:45 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

here my saying : If you dont know what you are doing , maybe you shouldnt be doing it..
I like it .... BUUUUT.... if we lived by that rule, this country would come to a screeching stop

ORIGINAL: zddp8868

there is no such thing as calculating an exhaust. what did you do get a calculator and do some math problems? lol man come on. get real for a second here.
well you know me...im more the exception to the rule

Old 01-24-2008, 11:46 PM
zddp8868
Professional

hey padodgeram. im the guy u talked to the other day on aim who said he had a bike...HUFFY BABY!

Old 01-24-2008, 11:51 PM
zddp8868
Professional

hell thats how I learned how to do a bunch of stuff. dive in elbows deep and try to break somethin!

Old 01-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah especially if you're on the bomb squad

but a truck ain't a bomb if you break it the worst thing that can happen is you have to fix it some more (which you'll have plenty of time to do since you won't be going anyplace till it's fixed). So it's a perfect tool for learning

Nobody really knows what they're doing the first time they do something, but without a first time there can be no later time. So when aproaching something for the first time use your God given common sense, and try not to **** anything up...

Old 01-24-2008, 11:57 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

hell thats how I learned how to do a bunch of stuff. dive in elbows deep and try to break somethin!
i had to turn AIM off i was like this dude is odd , but look who his bud is...LOL...[sm=pcwhack.gif] << --- thats for the moded geo...LOL..

Old 01-25-2008, 12:00 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ok first of all i am indy's personal friend that has helped him work on his truck for a long time. Indy can attest to my car knowledge...i wont toot my own horn...well actually i will for 10 bucks

there is no such thing as calculating an exhaust. what did you do get a calculator and do some math problems? lol man come on. get real for a second here. tons have people have picked out parts for a custom exhaust... so ur saying uve calculated it so well that ur the loudest... what are u the world record holder now? lol ur living on fantasy island.
I was only going along the guidelines that INDY was. He said he thought his out. When I said calculated, you know what I mean, I mean I thought it out what was going to work best as INDY did, but for whatever reason me thinking it out and INDY thinking it out are different things I guess..

Old 01-25-2008, 12:02 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

I was only going along the guidelines that INDY was. He said he thought his out. When I said calculated, you know what I mean, I mean I thought it out what was going to work best as INDY did, but for whatever reason me thinking it out and INDY thinking it out are different things I guess..
we shall agree to disagree

Quick Reply: How free is too free? (exhaust)