2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission Pictures & Other Goods

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:57 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Transmission Pictures & Other Goods

No need for all this. While I don't think he bought air filter out there nothing wrong with buying it if thats what he wants. It's not any of ours truck it's his. He isn't trying to get a pep talk here to go talk to his mechanic. Maybe you all missed where he said he would be putting it on. I think he is trying to learn and do more with his truck. I think we have to give him props for that. Maybe you all forgot but none of you learned overnight nor did I. Why not just ignore his threads if you don't want to get into a pissing match with him? He did nothing wrong here I was just pointing out he could have gotten a better intake. If you want to do that I don't see the problem there but no need for all the other stuff. I think you are stuck back on his first thread he posted where he went to the mechanic. He is atleast trying. You guys need to remember back to when you were learning and how people more than likely helped you out and showed you how to do things. Thats what we are here for to help each other. So lets try to help him if he needs problems. I will be the first to say I don't think he has bought the best things for his truck but it's still a nice truck none the less and he is learning to do stuff on his own. Remember how many of you guys have started with the K&N and then switched later on. I know Silver_Dodge did. Or maybe he started with the Airraid then the K&N but he had a CAI before his round air setup. No need to be bashing on him when he is starting to try stuff himself.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:28 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I refuse to offer him help anymore. I have done nothing but offer a valid oppinion and I get ridiculed? Hes just an unappriciative little *****.

I never said you had to f'n worship me, jesus? wth is wrong with you kid?

Old 04-03-2008, 03:38 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion

I think your plenum gasket is deffinetly blown chief. Thats why you get bad gas mileage. 11mpg isn't good a 5.9 You may have 35" tires but also have 4.10 gears. You should be getting like 13 at least. And I do think you should have got yourself and open carrier and gotten that broken LSD out of there which would have cost less than $75.

On the other hand for $75 the K&N is a decent substitute for a round air filter. Tell us how you like it.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:54 AM
nolazach
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Cereal Killer

I think your plenum gasket is deffinetly blown chief. Thats why you get bad gas mileage. 11mpg isn't good a 5.9 You may have 35" tires but also have 4.10 gears. You should be getting like 13 at least..
I keep hearing this high mileage. I was getting 8-9 before my plenum kit and tune-up. Now after 250+miles I am getting 8.6 MPG. So I gutted the Cat, still same milage, now with a nice exhaust leak to go with it. Have magnaflow en route though. Yall have 5.9s with 4x4, I have a 5.2 2x4, I can't figure it out. I had two more mechanic friends double check my tune-up work and make sure I had no misfires or other problems I couldn't detect. I run cheap gas though, and my dad thinks thats the problem. I still need to fix my tranny. I just don't know why I have such bad mileage.
Plenum:fixed
Plugs and wires: changed
Catalyst: gutted
all engine sensors changed

I was wondering if retarding the timing has anything to do with it. I drive like a granny too, I may have to rev it to 4000 to get it into third sometimes, but other than that, my milage stinks.

I just keep praying that the computer is still "learning".

Old 04-03-2008, 07:34 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Wow, alright...this is pathetic. Some of you guys are truly children. I'm am not waisting my time setting some of you aside like little kids at a daycare to explain myself, it really isn't worth it...Thanks to the real helpers. Apparently Indy thinks HES SO GOOD, that he can afford to be an ******* and still give help, do you think I need help THAT BAD? Indy, like I said, there are plently of guys who will help me here that know more than you, that are nice....I.E RABBLER, SILVER_DODGE, SQUIRRELS....ETC. ETC. ETC.

As I said in the pm Indy....by me going to you for the transmission was a big gesture within itself of respect. But as as a deroggatory child, you probably didn't see the symbolism in that..

I never cause any of the controvery in my threads. We'll stick with this particular thread seeing that it's already gotten it's fairshare of negativety. Name on thing based off of my thread where any of this should be occurring, seriouslly? There is no justification for it. The only people souring the thread, are people who carry in the pre-hate towards me, and will find anything to blow up and try to make me look like an *** and them a victim. 'Eh whatev, I'm tired of getting harrassed by the same guys over some really stupid bull****, it's a joke. It's clear some just have an internal rage towards me, and you can't hide it, I know it's there. Just stop trying to prove to everyone that you want to help me, nobody buys it. People can smell a rat from a mile away. As I said, there are plently of guys on this forum who are always nice to me, and can recognize I am a mature adult who is always nice. I always keep my cool to the best of my abilities. I'm not stooping to these childish levels. There was nothing in this thread that deserves this. It's just been exploded once again, we got the big media outlets blowing another story up.."01DodgeRam360 goes off the deep end again". Everyone.....RELAX, and lets all be cool. There is nothing hear that needs to be negative. This thread was meant for the pictures, and to carry on a healthy conversation with it, course someone always has to sour it, it's just silly. And motorrbreath, do you actually think I'm a ***** guy? Do ya really know who I am man? C'mon, what do you want me to do, have a fit on a keyboard? I'm keeping my cool because there is nothing to be worked up about. There are just some guys who have for whatever reasons, a disposition of hate towards me, it's just something they need to regulate, that's all, it isn't my problem. So again, everyone just chill out, and stop the negativity everytime. I never asked for this. Thanks.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:43 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey neon after you get the intake on, get the fastman, they both benifit from eachother , i have the k and n intake and fastman. im thinking of going to a round intake like silver. and my valcuum on the left side on the manifold isnt connected to anything, is that the way it should be ????

Old 04-03-2008, 05:29 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Most assuredly will be purchasing the Fastman TB in the future. I got to focus on the LSD like hometheaterman said though, that's my big priority right now.

On a high note, my gas mileage keeps going up. I've been taking it really easy since I've had my truck back. When I got it from the tranny shop I was at 8.5mpg. I've gotten it to 11.7mpg, it's pretty damn impressive. When I first got this truck it was averaging 12mpg, so I'm almost back to where it was when I first bought it last summer

In a break down, I'm addressing the LSD first. I'm also buying a new offroad wheel within the next week to replace my chipped one. Then I'm buying a new set of lugnuts for all the wheels. After the LSD and wheels, I'm buying the Fastman TB. Then I'm buying new headlights, and then putting HIDs in the headlights and foglights. I'll stop there for now so I can take a rest in my head, but I plan to do all of those in a very slow manner. My state inspection is up in July so I'll know I'll have a passenger side universal joint to address, and maybe a balljoint or two by that time. Man, I can't believe I've almost had this truck for a year. It's crazy how much **** I've done to this truck in 8 months. Anyway, I'll just keep chugging along. I'm also going to be using all of my rebate check from the IRS and putting it toward the loan which is really awesome.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

If you fixed your plenum gasket you could get like 15mpg

Old 04-03-2008, 09:21 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

There is no magical # to which flows better , thats controled by the TB , valves and cam.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:41 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ORIGINAL: Cereal Killer

If you fixed your plenum gasket you could get like 15mpg
lol don't worry it's on my list. I'm thinking 15 is a little too high though. This is a 360 were talking here with 35" clobbers lol, and I don't always drive like a good boy. I'll be lucky to get 13.

***I mean, what are other guys here getting for mpgs? Include your engine and tire sizes too.

Quick Reply: Transmission Pictures & Other Goods