2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission Pictures & Other Goods

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:43 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Transmission Pictures & Other Goods

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

There is no magical # to which flows better , thats controled by the TB , valves and cam.
no your wrong! wahhhh! its all about the air cleaner!

Old 04-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

There is no magical # to which flows better , thats controled by the TB , valves and cam.
no your wrong! wahhhh! its all about the air cleaner!
You are a moron...

If you dont like the kid, dont start **** like this... All your doing is egging him on... go back to the playground to do that ****.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:50 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Why not add some parts to your lift? Or replace it with a quality lift. Sure it wouldn't look much if any better but it would be a lot easier on the front end parts. I'm not trying to be a jerk like I said but it's something I really think you should fix. I know I would if it was my truck. It's not a good setup at all.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:55 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 01DodgeRam360

ORIGINAL: Cereal Killer

If you fixed your plenum gasket you could get like 15mpg
***I mean, what are other guys here getting for mpgs? Include your engine and tire sizes too.
13ish with a 4x4 5.9 3.55 265/75 AT's This has been beat to deaththis forumif you are getting around 13 mpg that seems to be the average for our trucks. Both of my old 97' 5.2 ram and my current98' 5.9 get the same...around 13. My dak with the 5.2 was about 16.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:01 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah I know it needs to be addressed, but it's just not something I really want to do right now. I mean, it's not too crazy abnormal. It's just 3" spacers in the front, that's pretty common right? I just don't have the money right now to be trying to save money up for a liftkit. I don't want to part it out either, I want to get a nice 5'5 Fabtech when the time is right. For now, I just have to live with that it isn't perfect. I do regular balance and rotations on the tires, as well as allignments. I also bought that trackbar to recenter the axle, this way it's somewhat bareable for now. The truck is actually in really good shape though. The only thing that needs to be replaced is a passenger side u-joint. I'm just going to ride it out though for awhile, I can't keep dumping so much cash into this beast. When the times comes though, I really agree with you, that slinky lift needs to come out, and I'm putting a nice solid liftkit on that truck, and it will look very sharp. Also can't wait to get some smooth all-terrain tires on this truck too. I don't suppose the knobby tire design is that aerodynamic on the streets[8D]

Old 04-03-2008, 10:03 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ORIGINAL: jnellydodge

ORIGINAL: 01DodgeRam360

ORIGINAL: Cereal Killer

If you fixed your plenum gasket you could get like 15mpg
***I mean, what are other guys here getting for mpgs? Include your engine and tire sizes too.
13ish with a 4x4 5.9 3.55 265/75 AT's This has been beat to deaththis forumif you are getting around 13 mpg that seems to be the average for our trucks. Both of my old 97' 5.2 ram and my current98' 5.9 get the same...around 13. My dak with the 5.2 was about 16.
So I mean, I can't be doing that bad. 11.5 mpgs with 35" tires and 4.10 gearing? I like to push the pedal too occassionally, so I don't think I'm doing too bad. I think when I get a smoother tire it will get even higher as well. When I do my air intake, I'm going to check for oil down in the tb, so that will be a good time to look.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

Well I'm pushing 33" super swampers with 3.55 gears and I get like 15mpg. So you should be doing at least as well as me. Your gear ratio is closer to stock than mine is. You'll be surprised how much more power you have once you fix that plenum gasket too.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:05 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah more power, the more happy I am. It's really neat with this transmission. I dont even think about it's performance aspect really. I just have been driving the truck around slowly, and you can just feel the amazing torque in this enigne. The transmission is just very powerful, it could really do some good towing now. I had my dad test drive the truck to see how he felt, and he was just like this truck is stupid man. He's like you like it loud like that? He's like get rid of those mufflers, you can't even hear your engine. And get rid of these stupid mud tires...I agreed with him there. But then he was like but this is obivously what your into all loud and obnixious, but he's like this truck is way over powered. He stopped in the parking lot and chirped the wheel a couple of times. He was like that right there is not normal, he's like this silly truck can spin those stupid ****ing big tires. So he doesn't care for the noise and the big tires, but he can admit the truck is one of the most powerful pickup trucks he's even been, so I was like sweet.[8D]

Old 04-03-2008, 11:36 PM
blue98dodge5.2

what a lsd ???

Old 04-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

A really bad *** little square of paper you put on your tongue and it makes you wack out

Quick Reply: Transmission Pictures & Other Goods