2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CB Install Image

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 11:32 PM
minitrucker
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those are mudduck radio setups

Old 09-19-2010, 11:34 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What you mean??

I like your avatar

Old 09-19-2010, 11:52 PM
minitrucker
Amateur

anybody run power ? i shouldnt talk i dont have my cb in yet......but ill be using a linear

Old 09-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Maverick Nos
Rookie

I posted this in "My Project" thread but it fits here also so here's my CB install.

My 102" whip. I had to make a custom bracket to get it to fit there.

I also ran some external PA speakers behind the grill

Old 09-20-2010, 12:27 AM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick Nos
I posted this in "My Project" thread but it fits here also so here's my CB install.

My 102" whip. I had to make a custom bracket to get it to fit there.

I also ran some external PA speakers behind the grill

sweet setup, can i see more pics of that ant. mount? that looks like itd be perfect for me to run with my tonneau cover. thats partly the reason i got rid of my 102" i couldnt find a decent place to mount it, i wanted it there, but could figure out a way to mount it there.

any help is appreciated.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Maverick Nos
Rookie

I made it with two pieces of galvanized steel flat stock and a receptacle cover. I connected them using simple self tappers. I would have welded it but galvi is a bitch to weld. Also if you use galvi make sure you run extra grounding straps because it does not conduct electricity well. The reason I made it, is because of my fiberglass cover and I wanted something that was centered on the truck with a great ground plain. Any questions hit me up.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:45 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to ask, what does having a CB radio do? Are you guys Firefighters/EMTs? I jst don't know what the "regular Joe"can use a CB for?

Old 09-20-2010, 12:47 AM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick Nos
I made it with two pieces of galvanized steel flat stock and a receptacle cover. I connected them using simple self tappers. I would have welded it but galvi is a bitch to weld. Also if you use galvi make sure you run extra grounding straps because it does not conduct electricity well. The reason I made it, is because of my fiberglass cover and I wanted something that was centered on the truck with a great ground plain. Any questions hit me up.

what did you use for the ground straps? and also, how are those self tappers holdin up to the stress of the whip in the wind?

how long of bolts did you use to bolt it to the bed?

im assuming all this can be had at home depot?

thanks for the help, oh and how is the tx and rx on that setup?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:04 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CPTAFW163
I have to ask, what does having a CB radio do? Are you guys Firefighters/EMTs? I jst don't know what the "regular Joe"can use a CB for?
FF/EMT has nothing to do with it. Fire/EMS/Police don't use cb's anymore. Well some states police monitor ch9 but that's all. It's more of a listen to truckers talk to each other. They tell each other where the cops are sitting and if there is **** going on causing a traffic jam. You can also get directions a lot of times fromtruckers cause they have been everywhere. Also if you're going on a trip in multiple vehicles and they all have cb's you can talk back and forth. Most other radio systems you need a license for except them little 2 mile handheld jobbers

Old 09-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Maverick Nos
Rookie

Originally Posted by CPTAFW163

Not to sound like a loon but when the SH*T hits the fan its always nice to have the ability to reach out and talk to someone. Cell phones are expensive and not always reliable. Go out into the desert and try and make a call, then get on a CB and you can hear people for miles. They are always good to have. You know where every speed trap is and for the most part truckers give you a hand if you need it. The more people rely of high tech the more they become dependent on it. That's why its always nice to have some low tech equipment around.

what did you use for the ground straps? and also, how are those self tappers holdin up to the stress of the whip in the wind?
I used 24" braided grounding straps from Pepboys. I also have a 4' strap going to the frame.

how long of bolts did you use to bolt it to the bed?
If I remember they are 2 1/2" up top and 1" down low.

im assuming all this can be had at home depot?
Yup, well Ace Hardware because it was closer.

oh and how is the tx and rx on that setup?
I have a SWR of 1:1 and I talk daily to a guy in Galloway and I live in Somers Point NJ. Its about 14 miles away
http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?hl=en...,0.672226&z=11

Quick Reply: CB Install Image