2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dripping Coolant

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:50 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happened to saving cash?

Old 03-28-2009, 01:23 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let us know what happens. I honestly think this is probably what both you and I should have done before we put all the money into fixing the problems. However, since I've got the major problems worked out on mine and soo much money dumped into it I can't see getting rid of it and taking a huge loss. Especially while I do drive it some I really just need to drive it when I need a truck. I can drive the Accord or Chevy most of the time if I want. If I my truck was my DD it might be a different story. Not sure. I kind of want a new truck but I have mine mostly how I want it and would have to take a huge loss I can't see doing so for right now I plan to keep my truck a while longer. Even if everyone does laugh because I drive a old truck.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:26 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

I'm really wanting a new Tahoe although I'm not sure I want another american vehicle. That's the biggest thing holding me back right now.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:26 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Honestly, I have it down to 2007 and up F-150s and Tundras. There the only trucks that rate high at this time. I've tried wiggling with dealerships but there all giving my under $5k. I decided to try and sell my truck personally before I buy a new truck. I have it for sale by the busy street for $8,000. I have it all detailed and it sure looks great. But I know this is a smart move. Everything works right now. I took my HIDs out and I'm getting a refund on them, and I took my volant out and I'm selling that. I'm also sending back my skyjacker coil springs and fabtech steering stabilizer.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:31 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Here are some pictures of the truck after the detail; and it for sale out front by the road..

Old 03-29-2009, 12:12 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

That's a super nice looking truck. Are you going to tint the new one? What about the rest of the mods? Are you going to modify your new one? If you don't sell it are you still planning on upgrading or are you then planning to keep it? $8000 seems fair so hopefully you can sell it for that. How much do you have into it? Are you taking a big loss at 8k? That's my biggest reason I hate to sell mine with all I have into mine even if I sold it for $10k I'd take a huge loss if you count what I paid for the truck .Probably a $20k loss easy. If you don't count the price of what I paid for the truck and just count mods/repairs I'd still probably lose a bit. Mine just has a few dings and dents and scratches in the paint and like rubber behind the rear tire I can't get off. It looks great from a few feet away but once you get up close it's got some flaws in the paint and it's 8 years old now so it's old. So that's why I want to upgrade but I just can't fathom the huge loss when I only really need a truck sometimes. I use it a lot as a DD but really I have other vehicles I can use instead I just choose to drive my truck as I do like it.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:40 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Wayne, yes I am taking a huge loss. I've easily put over $15,000 into this truck like a big idiot. Honestly, I shouldn't have bought it in the first place, it was rough. I'm taking a loss, but that's all my fault. I need to learn that putting money into a vehicle doesn't help anybody. Yes it looks great, but when you're looking to buy something newer, you're stuck with all of this sentimental attachment towards your truck and the excess money you dumped into it. I've got to take it like a man, and accept my loss, and learn from my mistake. If I end buying something newer, and a little more efficient/reliable, I've got to pledge that I don't go buying stupid stuff, it just isn't smart. I'm getting a new truck, and putting some tint on it, and a cat back exhaust, and just driving it. Hell, if I get a tundra, I don't even need to touch that, it's already 2x faster than any truck I've driven in before. Then when I go to sell my new vehicle, I won't have to be sad about all the money I've dumped into it.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:18 AM
cotyke

Frost plugs, or freeze plugs are placed into the side of engine blocks and heads so if the coolant freezes, then they will pop out instead of your block or heads cracking.It seems Dodge is skimping on every bit of quality they used to have because I cant ever remember frost plugs corroding like they do now.Heck my 02 quad-cab 4.7 is doin the same on all outside plugs on block.

Quick Reply: Dripping Coolant