2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

408 stroker ram project

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Rockyhigh360
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motor of the month

Old 08-22-2009, 10:04 PM
jbomb
Veteran

well had to work today but still managed to get my little bro to work on the truck. Put the motor and tranny in the truck, got almost all the accessories bolted on and most of the vacume and wiring done also.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:00 PM
jbomb
Veteran
Default sct help

well i looked at the cd that came with my sct programmer and if I was to install this in a ford car/truck or a cummins then I would be all set but because I am insattling this in my ram I need instructions for gas ram! So if any of you have a link or instrucions on the sct please share. (btw the search function sucks)

And for some reason the egr valve has me stumped. Cant seem to find out where to hook it up. anyone post a pick?

Last edited by jbomb; 08-23-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:49 PM
jbomb
Veteran

bump come on guys

Old 08-24-2009, 07:58 AM
ron333
Captain

hemifever@aol.com
He'll be able to point you in the right direction for the SCT. I'm not sure what directions you're looking for. If you are using it to fine tune the engine and you are doing the programming, then I understand. If you've already had a program installed on the tuner, then it is very easy to install that program into the truck PCM.
First:
Leave the ignition in the off position. Plug the SCT connector into the OBD-II port under the dash. The SCT will come on by itself and tell you exactly step-by-step what to do from there. Follow it exactly as it says and don't do anything until it tells you to. As long as you follow these instructions, it'll be a piece of cake!

As for the EGR valve, that goes in the rear passenger side of the intake manifold, I do believe. It will be a little hard to see / get to for installing it after the engine is in the truck, but if you use a mirror to see the back side of the intake in that area, you should see where it goes.

I'm very excited to see that you're getting close to being ready to post videos of you new creation! Great job on keeping us informed along the way! I can hardly wait to see the results!

Last edited by ron333; 08-24-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:41 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

giggity

Old 08-24-2009, 06:05 PM
jbomb
Veteran

First: Leave the ignition in the off position. Plug the SCT connector into the OBD-II port under the dash. The SCT will come on by itself and tell you exactly step-by-step what to do from there. Follow it exactly as it says and don't do anything until it tells you to. As long as you follow these instructions, it'll be a piece of cake!
thanks thats exactly what I needed. I am coming from the muscle car eara of building so I had no Idea where to start with this thing.

And thanks for the egr tip. I may look into leaving it off the motor by plugging it.

I will get back to you guys soon

Old 08-25-2009, 08:21 AM
ron333
Captain

Mine is plugged. It was that way before I got the truck, but if it hadn't been, I definitely would've done it when I installed my Pace Setter LT's. Supposedly there is a plate that was made to cover the hole up, but I forget where it can be purchased. Maybe from the "D" word. (Dealership) Or, maybe make one to fit. I remember reading about this in the past, but I forget the specifics.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:45 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man happy to see your build is coming together bro !!

Old 08-26-2009, 05:05 PM
jbomb
Veteran

Thanks guys well I started finishing off my gauges last night. I decided to work on the mechanical water temp gauge first. I had everything fished down to the floor of the truck under the dash( or so I thought) the nut for the water temp gauge took me two hours to get down under the dash! Suck big time! So tonight I will work on it a little more. Now if I can just find that tiny nut and conpression fitting for the oil preasure hose.........

Quick Reply: 408 stroker ram project