2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

408 stroker ram project

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 07:37 PM
lv360ram
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super glue fuses the parts together almost instantly so for the best repair try to only push them together once. Also, there may be some excess glue that will run away from the crack.

For the best repair, let the glue cure overnight.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:44 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Pick up a new stock A pillar from the Junkyard if you need to. I just drilled holes in the stock A pillar where I needed to pass wires through. I recall it did take just the right push and twist to get the A pillar to seat correctly.

The Mopar interior paint doesn't need an adhesion promoter, it's mixed in and is some of the best interior paint I've ever used. No issues at all with peeling or fish eyes on a clean surface.

I have had good luck with the 3M emblem and trim adhesive on my 2 pillar pod.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:36 PM
jbomb
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks on the heads up on the mopar paint. And I said squrew it with the gluing stuff I just face sqrewed the stock apillar on and will mount my After market one to it. I also drilled holes through the stock apillar to rought my wires through.

And yeah thoes are just fish wires.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:02 PM
jbomb
Veteran
Default Help with gauges

Hey guys I am going to be adding three gauges to my truck(water temp, tranny temp and oil pressure all 2 1/16") I really like the look of something like a (autometer) cobalt 2 gauge look but I want the background to be black at night like the phantom 2 does. I would get the phantom 2 but I cant spend 170 right now on guages. Any help finding somethig similar would be great.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:05 PM
busaguy05
Professional

You can check these guy's out http://www.speedhut.com/ A little cheaper and a lot more custom

Old 06-01-2009, 09:54 PM
jbomb
Veteran

Hey thanks man they look like very nice gauges but they seem to be almost twice as much. I will keep looking

They are all too expensive so I just went and bought the phantom by auto meter. Getting my engine quest heads the end of this week! And my cam and programmer soon

Last edited by jbomb; 06-02-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:08 AM
jbomb
Veteran

Well I bought the regular phantom but they still cost a crapload. We have about three weeks to have this thing road worth. The heads are in the mail and so is the cam!

Old 06-05-2009, 02:34 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah autometer **** ain't cheap lol

Old 06-07-2009, 09:18 AM
jbomb
Veteran

well putting in my suregrip grear end today and pullings some wires for my apillar. Also getting a bung welded on to my intake for my temp sensor. Willl be picking up mmy freshly rebuilt rearend(Thanks dad!) also need a bung welded in that pan for the temp sensor. Will post pics soon.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:56 PM
szarin
Rookie

okies, an update for my project.

i was originally gonna try and set a budget, but after doing research and knowing i always blow things outta portion anyways heh this is what i got so far.

I picked up a Eagle 408 stroker kit
Competition cam with 112 degree lift,
all the gaskets from mopar,
lifters from mopar,
set of edlebrock performer aluminum heads. - that blew the budget outta whack... which is total over kill, i know... i know...

a couple reasons why... i read here a lot of ppl had problems with the stock heads, with the amount of power the new engine is making, i didnt want to have to re-do anything and screw myself in a month because i was trying to cheap out. The old ones had 114k miles on it... if i wanted to use the old ones, the engine shop would have to machine them out, use a lower compression setting... as crazy as it seems... it just didnt make any sense to use them.

just trying to figure out what rocker arms/push rods i want...

i also wanted to get a few suggestions... i figure the new engine should make 380+ HP, which brings me to my next dilemma ... how much hp can the stock tranny take? what have other ppl done when upgrading the engine? i dont want to twist the tranny outta bottom of the truck the first time i put my foot into it. I like having fun, i know i wont be able to keep my foot off the pedal and baby it either...

i will be taking the engine into the shop once i get heads either today or tomorrow.

Quick Reply: 408 stroker ram project